Do You Still Wear Zubaz?

I met a young man from buffalo at BWW in Tulsa this year. Kid rocked his Zubaz every week!

He just graduated Spartan College of Aeronautics (I graduated there in '93) so we have more in common than just da bills. He got a good job in Colorado, so I will miss him, his cute GF, and his Zubaz!

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

If there's one non self destructive thing our fanbase is known for, it's our affinity for Zubaz in the 20th century. How many here still wear Zubaz on game day? I myself, own three pairs. Get new Zubaz every 2-3 years. 

My lovely wife bought me a pair for Christmas.  I will wear them proudly.

Funny as when I fly up for a game, I love seeing the Zumba and all of the other traditional garb.  My very close friend from Jax (previous employee of mine) went to the game with me, I made sure to take him to the lot where it was all Bills fans.  I’m sure there were others, but I had to say over and over again, South Park Ave. St Francis grad.  They were just razzing him, not like a Philly fan.  He’s a real wise#@$, and he said to me, “I grew up in MN during their heyday, and I’ve never seen fans like you guys.  He couldn’t believe the score of NYS plates driving down for the game.

I told him, “Now do you believe me we have the most rabid, craziest fans in the NFL”.  He relucatantly agreed.  He referred to maybe I should become a Bills fan, and the Zumba’s were in full force.  I love this team and love the fans even more.

if I was in Buffalo, I probably would by a pair.

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

If there's one non self destructive thing our fanbase is known for, it's our affinity for Zubaz in the 20th century. How many here still wear Zubaz on game day? I myself, own three pairs. Get new Zubaz every 2-3 years. 

I save them for Pride Week marches!

• Haha (+1) 1

I had to look up the word. For some reason even though I lived through the era, I had never that term for these pants before. Now that I see them, yes they were everywhere! Guys at the gym loved these pants. Especially lots of Roid boys with mullets!! zubaz could be styled along with the early 90s Bills leather jacket with the white sleeves!!

6 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I love Zubaz. I am a chef amd wear the very similar baggy chef pants. You really can't beat it'a comfort factor.

My problem with Zubaz came when I put the lift kit on my truck. Now I rip out crotches of pants like you would not believe, and zubaz have been the number one victim.

So my Zubaz are all dead and I currently own 0 pairs. Maybe someday I'll get a car or stop driving on gameday, but until then the zubaz are gone.

Been out west for 35 years and I remember going back to South Buffalo and seeing them everywhere.

5 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

I had to look up the word. For some reason even though I lived through the era, I had never that term for these pants before. Now that I see them, yes they were everywhere! Guys at the gym loved these pants. Especially lots of Roid boys with mullets!! zubaz could be styled along with the early 90s Bills leather jacket with the white sleeves!!

The mullet with zubaz strikes a chord in my memory of the time ?.  I thought they were pretty ugly to be honest and never considered buying a pair.

The old ones did look comfortable though.

Edited by Turk71