Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
corta765

Bills Schedule Updates

Recommended Posts

What the? We’re playing the Super Bowl champions TWICE?  The league Office hates the Bills!

  • Haha (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Cleveland game has Thursday night written all over it.

Quit thinking small time

 

The Cleveland game has Monday Night written all over it.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And we are sure to get a TNF game this year, since we were spared last year for some reason. I am less sure about buffalo getting a SNF or MNF game. 

 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm predicting Bills vs. Cleveland on a Monday night because last season showed that Allen and Mayfield were the best two QBs of their class.

damn it    late to the party again 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Quit thinking small time

 

The Cleveland game has Monday Night written all over it.

 

damn it    late to the party again 

 

 

 

 

Thursday night matchups were better than Monday night matchups last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And we are sure to get a TNF game this year, since we were spared last year for some reason. I am less sure about buffalo getting a SNF or MNF game. 

SNF, no.  MNF?  I'd bet on it.  Josh Allen is raw, but an exciting player at the most important position on the field and for marketing purposes.  That will get the Bills on by itself.  Pair that with their defensive ranking and thT would be enough.  I think FA adds on offense could also help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first year that attending a 1 PM game is not a hardship for me.  I would probably prefer a 4 PM or so start for a game that I'm seeing in person, but I can do it with no problem.  I'll likely only be going to one game anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

Thursday night matchups were better than Monday night matchups last year...

Yeah, Monday night football has been extremely bad matchup wise the last couple of years. It's annoying the Bills struggle to get a Monday night game but the NFL will schedule a game like Cleveland at Giants. It's a game that I would watch simply because it's the NFL but it's certainly not a game I would give two craps about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the in-depth digging OP. Good stuff! Really looking forward to the Cleveland game already. Doubtless will be a far cry from the single digit snooze-fests during the drought between the 2 clubs that Sully loved to pan!

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What the? We’re playing the Super Bowl champions TWICE?  The league Office hates the Bills!

Post of the day :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

Thursday night matchups were better than Monday night matchups last year...

Matchups versus viewership is different.   

to my previous post which one is cable and which one is National TV? or are they now both cable?   (as usual, I guessed wrong) 

 

Excluding the top 5 or 6  teams, there really is no way to know how teams will play season to season (even the top 5)

 

As to viewership  I  looked it up this time

 

Monday Night Football’ Finishes 2018 Season up in Viewership Over Last Two Years

 

Monday Night Football” had its strongest season in two years, wrapping up its 2018 campaign with an average viewership of 11.6 million over 17 games

 

“Thursday Night Football” also saw a small viewership lift in its debut season on Fox, with its expanded 11-game slate averaging 14.3 million viewers, an increase of 3 percent from 2017, which was split between NBC and CBS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No more prime time games we suck at night! But if we do have one I hope it’s a end of the year Saturday game so I could actually watch it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:33 AM, buffalobillswin said:

Bills at Giants or Bills at Dal could be potential primetime games. My vote is Bills at Cowboys as an early Monday Night game. 

 

Or maybe a Thanksgiving game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

The Cleveland game has Thursday night written all over it.

 

Great work Corta, thanks.

 

As for the above, I sure hope not, Thursday nights are brutal for the visiting team.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills played a night game at NYJ 2 years ago.  I hope the NFL doesnt do that again.  Make it the Cleveland game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Thanks for write-up,  I hope for no Thursday games even Thanksgiving.

 

I really think that teams should get a bye week right before a Thu nite game. It could be done and would make for better games. It would also be easier on the players.

 

I'd love to see the Bills on Thanksgiving -- after a bye.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice analysis. The home opener pattern that you point out of non-divisional, then two divisional seems to point to a division rival as our home opener this season, since we opened with San Diego last year. Especially seeing that this past season, Miami was home week 1, and the Jets home opener was Miami in week 2, You can see the Miami at Buffalo opener for week 1 this upcoming season.

 

The only thing that could mess up the home, then away theory in week 1, giving the Bills a home opener this year, is the fact that New England will be opening at home for the 3rd straight year, so some team has to play back to back road week 1 games to offset that. The Jets have had two road week 1 games in 2017 and 2018. Doubt they'll start on the road for a 3rd straight year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Nice analysis. The home opener pattern that you point out of non-divisional, then two divisional seems to point to a division rival as our home opener this season, since we opened with San Diego last year. Especially seeing that this past season, Miami was home week 1, and the Jets home opener was Miami in week 2, You can see the Miami at Buffalo opener for week 1 this upcoming season.

 

The only thing that could mess up the home, then away theory in week 1, giving the Bills a home opener this year, is the fact that New England will be opening at home for the 3rd straight year, so some team has to play back to back road week 1 games to offset that. The Jets have had two road week 1 games in 2017 and 2018. Doubt they'll start on the road for a 3rd straight year.

 

The thing with the Patriots is I doubt they play division. KC or PIT or even CLE is a far more sexy SNF matchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, corta765 said:

 

Last year the NFL was asked by the networks for better Thursday Night Games as opposed to the mostly divisional spread which gave everyone "classics" like the Jaguars Titans for years or Browns Bengals. The NFL removed the rule that every team most play on TNF and helped give better matchups which you saw.

 

Being this is the 100th anniversary though I think the TNF schedule will go back a bit to being lesser matchups and Bills/Browns would seem very possible.

 

MNF Buffalo absolutely has a shot for. SNF is the most exclusive teams and matchups now because it is the NFLs biggest draw.

 

Darnold Allen p1 was already fun and with more weapons for both hopefully we get more high scoring games.

 

But Baker Allen will be insane. Both QBs are confident and arrogant as heck with personality which I love. The problem is both BUF and CLE have good defenses which could slow the game into a crawl.

 

Why do people hate defense so much? I LOVE watching a good defense in action. I don't care if the Bills are winning games while only scoring 17 points per game. In fact, it would be even sweeter in this time when all the rule changes have favored passing offenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bills start the season at home, and against a division opponent, I think it would be the Jets.

A week 1 match-up between Allen & Darnold would be exciting.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 4:58 PM, GreggTX said:

 

Why do people hate defense so much? I LOVE watching a good defense in action. I don't care if the Bills are winning games while only scoring 17 points per game. In fact, it would be even sweeter in this time when all the rule changes have favored passing offenses.

 

For every good defensive game there are 4-5 that are the Bills Titans which are absolutely ugly games with nothing exciting. I hated the Pats Rams SB because it was boring not because it was low scoring. The Pats Giants game in 07 was a game with many dramatic big moments that was low scoring same with the Panthers Broncos a few years ago. Watching teams just punt back and forth for an entire game is not exciting.

 

The Bills Browns have had some atrocious low scoring snoozefests highlighted by the 6-3 game in 2009 which every fan for both teams deserves a refund for.


I do agree that the the rules suck and I hate that if you graze a QB or WR it's almost always a penalty and I'd like to see that swing back to something more rational.

 

Second Allen vs Mayfield are two QBs with the potential to produce a ton of incredibly exciting big moments which Id rather see.

Edited by corta765

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Or maybe a Thanksgiving game?

You can all scratch  the typical Turkey day off of the calendar 

 

Report: Bears-Lions, Dolphins-Cowboys on Thanksgiving

The NFL is still a couple months away from releasing the full 2019 schedule, but bits and pieces are coming out.

One pice: The traditional Detroit and Dallas Thanksgiving games will be the Bears against the Lions and the Dolphins against the Cowboys, according to Sports Business Daily.

This would make it the second straight year that the Lions host the Bears on Thanksgiving.

 

 

 There’s no word yet on what the third Thanksgiving game, on NBC in prime time, will be.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Yep...."the girls"" get to squish the fish.

 

1) Hope Jerry closes the Roof it it snows / sleets 

 

2) Keep Leon Lett away from Jerry World 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You can all scratch  the typical Turkey day off of the calendar 

 

Report: Bears-Lions, Dolphins-Cowboys on Thanksgiving

The NFL is still a couple months away from releasing the full 2019 schedule, but bits and pieces are coming out.

One pice: The traditional Detroit and Dallas Thanksgiving games will be the Bears against the Lions and the Dolphins against the Cowboys, according to Sports Business Daily.

This would make it the second straight year that the Lions host the Bears on Thanksgiving.

 

 

 There’s no word yet on what the third Thanksgiving game, on NBC in prime time, will be.

 

OMG again????  Every time Dallas has the AFC East it's always friggin' the Dolphins. Probably because Jerruh figures the Fins are a punching bag this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

OMG again????  Every time Dallas has the AFC East it's always friggin' the Dolphins. Probably because Jerruh figures the Fins are a punching bag this year. 

like I just said 

 

1) Hope Jerry closes the Roof it it snows / sleets 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...