Bills Schedule Updates

corta765

19 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Nice analysis. The home opener pattern that you point out of non-divisional, then two divisional seems to point to a division rival as our home opener this season, since we opened with San Diego last year. Especially seeing that this past season, Miami was home week 1, and the Jets home opener was Miami in week 2, You can see the Miami at Buffalo opener for week 1 this upcoming season.

The only thing that could mess up the home, then away theory in week 1, giving the Bills a home opener this year, is the fact that New England will be opening at home for the 3rd straight year, so some team has to play back to back road week 1 games to offset that. The Jets have had two road week 1 games in 2017 and 2018. Doubt they'll start on the road for a 3rd straight year.

The thing with the Patriots is I doubt they play division. KC or PIT or even CLE is a far more sexy SNF matchup

On 2/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, corta765 said:

Last year the NFL was asked by the networks for better Thursday Night Games as opposed to the mostly divisional spread which gave everyone "classics" like the Jaguars Titans for years or Browns Bengals. The NFL removed the rule that every team most play on TNF and helped give better matchups which you saw.

Being this is the 100th anniversary though I think the TNF schedule will go back a bit to being lesser matchups and Bills/Browns would seem very possible.

MNF Buffalo absolutely has a shot for. SNF is the most exclusive teams and matchups now because it is the NFLs biggest draw.

Darnold Allen p1 was already fun and with more weapons for both hopefully we get more high scoring games.

But Baker Allen will be insane. Both QBs are confident and arrogant as heck with personality which I love. The problem is both BUF and CLE have good defenses which could slow the game into a crawl.

Why do people hate defense so much? I LOVE watching a good defense in action. I don't care if the Bills are winning games while only scoring 17 points per game. In fact, it would be even sweeter in this time when all the rule changes have favored passing offenses.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:58 PM, GreggTX said:

Why do people hate defense so much? I LOVE watching a good defense in action. I don't care if the Bills are winning games while only scoring 17 points per game. In fact, it would be even sweeter in this time when all the rule changes have favored passing offenses.

For every good defensive game there are 4-5 that are the Bills Titans which are absolutely ugly games with nothing exciting. I hated the Pats Rams SB because it was boring not because it was low scoring. The Pats Giants game in 07 was a game with many dramatic big moments that was low scoring same with the Panthers Broncos a few years ago. Watching teams just punt back and forth for an entire game is not exciting.

The Bills Browns have had some atrocious low scoring snoozefests highlighted by the 6-3 game in 2009 which every fan for both teams deserves a refund for.

I do agree that the the rules suck and I hate that if you graze a QB or WR it's almost always a penalty and I'd like to see that swing back to something more rational.

Second Allen vs Mayfield are two QBs with the potential to produce a ton of incredibly exciting big moments which Id rather see.

Edited by corta765

On 2/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Or maybe a Thanksgiving game?

You can all scratch  the typical Turkey day off of the calendar 

Report: Bears-Lions, Dolphins-Cowboys on Thanksgiving

The NFL is still a couple months away from releasing the full 2019 schedule, but bits and pieces are coming out.

One pice: The traditional Detroit and Dallas Thanksgiving games will be the Bears against the Lions and the Dolphins against the Cowboys, according to Sports Business Daily.

This would make it the second straight year that the Lions host the Bears on Thanksgiving.

There’s no word yet on what the third Thanksgiving game, on NBC in prime time, will be.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You can all scratch  the typical Turkey day off of the calendar 

Report: Bears-Lions, Dolphins-Cowboys on Thanksgiving

The NFL is still a couple months away from releasing the full 2019 schedule, but bits and pieces are coming out.

One pice: The traditional Detroit and Dallas Thanksgiving games will be the Bears against the Lions and the Dolphins against the Cowboys, according to Sports Business Daily.

This would make it the second straight year that the Lions host the Bears on Thanksgiving.

There’s no word yet on what the third Thanksgiving game, on NBC in prime time, will be.

OMG again????  Every time Dallas has the AFC East it's always friggin' the Dolphins. Probably because Jerruh figures the Fins are a punching bag this year. 

Strength of Schedule is completely meaningless and most of the time wrong at this time for next year. Teams that were good this year will suck next year.  Teams that sucked last year will be good this year.  Literally until you see who is injured/suspended/playing hurt for a game, how "good" a team is is meaninglesss.

I'm willing to bet if you looked at the last 10 years of "Strength of Schedule" during an offseason leading up to a new season and compared it to the actual "Strength of Schedule" after the season ended, most of them would be not very close together.

Edited by matter2003

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

like I just said 

1) Hope Jerry closes the Roof it it snows / sleets 

At least he'll have a choice this time. That game was in old Texas Stadium. Remember it had a hole in the roof,""they """ say it was for God to see his team play.