Bills Schedule Updates

corta765

If the schedule plays out anywhere near where the OP surmises, this should be a memorable season. Missing from his logistics is the fact we play SEVEN games against AFC teams with all new coaching staffs; CLE, CIN, DEN & 2 ea vs NYJ & MIA. I anticipate 6 wins here, regardless of when/where, and all 7 if we catch the Jets on the road early. That’s better than sweeping the Division. Wash, G-men & Dal don’t strike fear in anyone. 2-1 vs TEN, BAL & PIT isn’t out of the realm either. IFFFF we can split with NE -for which keeping them from tying our 4 straight SB record should be motivation enough, we’re looking at a 12 win season. 

I know it’s very early..

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Cleveland game has Thursday night written all over it.

Quit thinking small time

The Cleveland game has Monday Night written all over it.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And we are sure to get a TNF game this year, since we were spared last year for some reason. I am less sure about buffalo getting a SNF or MNF game. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm predicting Bills vs. Cleveland on a Monday night because last season showed that Allen and Mayfield were the best two QBs of their class.

damn it    late to the party again 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And we are sure to get a TNF game this year, since we were spared last year for some reason. I am less sure about buffalo getting a SNF or MNF game. 

SNF, no.  MNF?  I'd bet on it.  Josh Allen is raw, but an exciting player at the most important position on the field and for marketing purposes.  That will get the Bills on by itself.  Pair that with their defensive ranking and thT would be enough.  I think FA adds on offense could also help.

This is the first year that attending a 1 PM game is not a hardship for me.  I would probably prefer a 4 PM or so start for a game that I'm seeing in person, but I can do it with no problem.  I'll likely only be going to one game anyway.

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Thursday night matchups were better than Monday night matchups last year...

Yeah, Monday night football has been extremely bad matchup wise the last couple of years. It's annoying the Bills struggle to get a Monday night game but the NFL will schedule a game like Cleveland at Giants. It's a game that I would watch simply because it's the NFL but it's certainly not a game I would give two craps about

Thanks for all the in-depth digging OP. Good stuff! Really looking forward to the Cleveland game already. Doubtless will be a far cry from the single digit snooze-fests during the drought between the 2 clubs that Sully loved to pan!

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What the? We’re playing the Super Bowl champions TWICE?  The league Office hates the Bills!

Post of the day :D

18 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Thursday night matchups were better than Monday night matchups last year...

Matchups versus viewership is different.   

to my previous post which one is cable and which one is National TV? or are they now both cable?   (as usual, I guessed wrong) 

Excluding the top 5 or 6  teams, there really is no way to know how teams will play season to season (even the top 5)

As to viewership  I  looked it up this time

Monday Night Football’ Finishes 2018 Season up in Viewership Over Last Two Years

Monday Night Football” had its strongest season in two years, wrapping up its 2018 campaign with an average viewership of 11.6 million over 17 games

“Thursday Night Football” also saw a small viewership lift in its debut season on Fox, with its expanded 11-game slate averaging 14.3 million viewers, an increase of 3 percent from 2017, which was split between NBC and CBS.

23 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Thanks for write-up,  I hope for no Thursday games even Thanksgiving.

I really think that teams should get a bye week right before a Thu nite game. It could be done and would make for better games. It would also be easier on the players.

I'd love to see the Bills on Thanksgiving -- after a bye.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

Nice analysis. The home opener pattern that you point out of non-divisional, then two divisional seems to point to a division rival as our home opener this season, since we opened with San Diego last year. Especially seeing that this past season, Miami was home week 1, and the Jets home opener was Miami in week 2, You can see the Miami at Buffalo opener for week 1 this upcoming season.

The only thing that could mess up the home, then away theory in week 1, giving the Bills a home opener this year, is the fact that New England will be opening at home for the 3rd straight year, so some team has to play back to back road week 1 games to offset that. The Jets have had two road week 1 games in 2017 and 2018. Doubt they'll start on the road for a 3rd straight year.