Sean McVay pre super bowl

CommonCents

Knowing what Belichick does, why didn't the "genius" (McVay) figure out some way to counter it.  Instead, he let his QB walk into a giant trap.  Wade Phillips at least had a game plan for dealing with Brady on offense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Knowing what Belichick does, why didn't the "genius" (McVay) figure out some way to counter it.  Instead, he let his QB walk into a giant trap.  Wade Phillips at least had a game plan for dealing with Brady on offense.

I’m trying to get the link to the audio profootball has it up but I couldn’t get the link to post for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Is this thread's purpose to dispute the fact that Bill Belichick is a coaching genius and probably the greatest coach in the history of the NFL?

If so, y'all are crazy.

No. This thread is further proof that other coaches don’t even give it a fair shot when playing the Patriots. I’m trying to get a good link for the audio. 

30 minutes prior to the start of the SB, McVay is out there telling the other coach how “unbelievable” he is for changing his identity. BB must have ***** himself, right there he  had to have known McVay had nothing for him. Then McVay continued his praises calling him the best ever etc.

Edited by CommonCents

Belichick used to talk about how awesome Josh Reed and Chris Kelsey were when we played them. A 33 year old coach in his second year lost the SB to arguably the greatest destiny in sports history.  McVay definitely should be on the hot seat.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

No. This thread is further proof that other coaches don’t even give it a fair shot when playing the Patriots. I’m trying to get a good link for the audio. 

30 minutes prior to the start of the SB, McVay is out there telling the other coach how “unbelievable” he is for changing his identity. BB must have ***** himself, right there he  had to have known McVay had nothing for him. Then McVay continued his praises calling him the best ever etc.

Are you Alex Jones? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Image result for oh brother gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Belichick used to talk about how awesome Josh Reed and Chris Kelsey were when we played them. A 33 year old coach in his second year lost the SB to arguably the greatest destiny in sports history.  McVay definitely should be on the hot seat.

Who said anything about praising player in the middle of the week? Who said anything about McVay being on the hot seat?

McVay has been the NFL’s me poster boy for coaches. His game plan was embarrassing and getting caught on an open mic prior

to the game basically showing his hand is a bad look.

I think even he would admit that in hindsight. Certainly a learning experience.

26 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Did anyone hear the audio? He ran into BB before the game and gushed over how good BB is and how well he changes from week to week etc. NFL films scrubbed the audio, they are playing it on the radio here. How embarrassing. 

Another coach kneeling down. Gross.

Another clear indication how the moment was way too big for McVay and his entire team.  

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Would you prefer he lie? It’s the opposite of bulletin board material, and you hear it all the time....just how great the opposing coach, QB, defense, etc. is. It’s not an admission that “I got nuthin’”. He was a young guy in his first SB against the best HC and ever. I’m disappointed, but certainly not shocked. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you Alex Jones? 

Alex Jones? Isn’t that a conspiracy theorist? Is anyone saying there is a conspiracy? Just disappointed that such a highly regarded young coach took the chance to kiss the rings and not so much else.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Would you prefer he lie? It’s the opposite of bulletin board material, and you hear it all the time....just how great the opposing coach, QB, defense, etc. is. It’s not an admission that “I got nuthin’”. He was a young guy in his first SB against the best HC and ever. I’m disappointed, but certainly not shocked. 

Lie? No. I’d prefer the guy leading the team could actually put on a game face and save his praises for after the game. Did you listen to the audio? He says it’s “unbelievable” how BB can change the identity of his team. At that point BB had to either think, is this guy pulling my chain or is he going to run the exact same offense he did all season? 

I hope he learns from it. 

8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Alex Jones? Isn’t that a conspiracy theorist? Is anyone saying there is a conspiracy? Just disappointed that such a highly regarded young coach took the chance to kiss the rings and not so much else.

Lie? No. I’d prefer the guy leading the team could actually put on a game face and save his praises for after the game. Did you listen to the audio? He says it’s “unbelievable” how BB can change the identity of his team. At that point BB had to either think, is this guy pulling my chain or is he going to run the exact same offense he did all season? 

I hope he learns from it. 

I didn’t hear the audio, and maybe he went too far. If asked, I’d expect him to gush to a certain amount.....because it’s all true. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Breaking news: McVay states the obvious and a random Bills fan can’t handle it.

Guilty, I can’t handle the Pats winning anymore.

I guess I was hopeful that one of the up and coming young coaches would try and get creative with his game plan. Instead he acknowledged greatness and kissed the rings. 

33 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Guilty, I can’t handle the Pats winning anymore.

I guess I was hopeful that one of the up and coming young coaches would try and get creative with his game plan. Instead he acknowledged greatness and kissed the rings. 

I didn't listen to the audio, but it seems to be a leap saying he acknowledged greatness and didn't try to get creative with his plan.  That sounds like a complete assumption 

• Like (+1) 1

Bill Bellichick is the best coach in NFL history, by a mile. I have absolutely no problem with McVay telling Bellichick how much he admires him, I would do the same in his position. Take your job, and take the highest person possible in that job. Then suppose you are meeting that person. You would also have words of admiration. 

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

No trap. The NFL is absolutely rigged in conjunction with Vegas and various other organizations. 

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

wtf?