Predict the 1st WR drafted

Logic

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

My bet is neither of them will have good careers because they are 6th round draft picks.

Sounds like you should be a GM. Have you filled out an application?

I don’t think you understate how the draft works.  Just because it’s a later round, doesn’t mean you have to waste picks.  Ray Ray wasn’t good in college. Prohel was drafting because they were friends with his dad.  Bad picks with no upside.  

And im working on the application.  Can I use you as a reference? ?

Been saying since Thanksgiving that Hollywood Brown would be the wr I'd target. Line him and Foster on opposite sides of the field with Zay and Tyrell inside, that would be a formidable wr corp. Maybe he could be had at 15 if we trade down with Wash?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think you understate how the draft works.  Just because it’s a later round, doesn’t mean you have to waste picks.  Ray Ray wasn’t good in college. Prohel was drafting because they were friends with his dad.  Bad picks with no upside.  

And im working on the application.  Can I use you as a reference? ?

I'll refer you for sure. You can be the 6th round pick expert. Your job is to nail the 6th round pick in every draft.

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I'll go with D.K. Metcalf but if John Ross can be a Top 10 pick I think Marquise Brown can go Top 15.

Yeah i wonder if Cinci fans talk about how much worse it was to pick Ross over Mahomes.

At least we got a 1st round pick for our oversight, they got a receiver who has about 400 combined yards in 2 years.  That's gotta hurt.

19 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Looks you read Daniel Jerimiah’s mock draft today.

Marquise-Brown-1.jpg

Marquise Brown, WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 
Brown is a DeSean Jackson clone. He has a similar build and the same explosive playmaking skills as the Bucs wide receiver. He lines up outside and in the slot. He easily defeats press coverage with his quickness -- and when corners elect to play off coverage, he eats up their cushion in a hurry. He is a blur on deep posts and go routes, showing both suddenness off the line and another gear once the ball is thrown to him

Throw in concentration lapses and dropped balls and the profile is pretty complete.

Is a couple buckets of Popeye chicken from his listed 170, was listed at 158 a year ago I think. Is fast, but goes down if someone sneezes on him.

Disappeared in bowl games and the Sooner QB's leaned more on Lamb as their go-to guy.

Not sold on his speed to separate or break away, but N'Keal Harry seems to catch contested passes...reminds me of Boldin when he first came into the league.

Metcalf would be next...unless red flagged for the neck injury.

Tough sell this year as I don't see any WRs that really separate themselves from the pack. Could also be a product of poor schemes and weak QB class.

A team could just as easily spend their early draft coin on the better TE's in this draft, value-wise. That is why I see the Bills going defense, unless they trade down to the lower picks in the 1st...then it is anyone's guess.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Dam.  If he’s that fast how would he not be a sure fire 1st rd pick?  Great hands and routes I assume?  I haven’t looked at his game tape yet, just highlights and watched the senior bowl.  Small, I get it, but the multiple time nfl champion just churns out those types and wins Super Bowls with them.  You’d think a GM would use a first on a kid with this skill set that runs a sub 4.3.  Cooks is probably the closest comparison I can come up with, although they a very different WRs 

....wish I got to see college ball......so if, IF McBeane stayed at #9 AND decided WR, who would be his choice?......OR.....does he trade down to the mid-teens (grab an extra 2nd) and has 1-A in mind, who would that be?.....OR......no WR in the 1st at all if he trades down for the extra 2nd?................

40 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....wish I got to see college ball......so if, IF McBeane stayed at #9 AND decided WR, who would be his choice?......OR.....does he trade down to the mid-teens (grab an extra 2nd) and has 1-A in mind, who would that be?.....OR......no WR in the 1st at all if he trades down for the extra 2nd?................

Probably Metcalf.  If we go WR at 9 I’d rather go the safe route and take Harmon tbh.  We can’t miss on this building blocks for Josh Allen.  I’d play it safe and Harmon is a perfect

compliment to the WRs we currently have.  

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Probably Metcalf.  If we go WR at 9 I’d rather go the safe route and take Harmon tbh.  We can’t miss on this building blocks for Josh Allen.  I’d play it safe and Harmon is a perfect

compliment to the WRs we currently have.  

...thanks bud...so then you see McBeane as a now versus later guy regarding the WR spot, with WR being his principal focus early on?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks bud...so then you see McBeane as a now versus later guy regarding the WR spot, with WR being his principal focus early on?....

I have no idea wth he’s gonna do. I really hope we don’t take a WR at 9.  Prefer to trade down and take one.   I believe he takes an OL or DL with our first pick if we stay at 9 based on the talent in the draft.  If we trade down, anything can happen. Preferably OL or WR.  Building an offense for Allen has to be priority number 1

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I have no idea wth he’s gonna do. I really hope we don’t take a WR at 9.  Prefer to trade down and take one.   I believe he takes an OL or DL with our first pick if we stay at 9 based on the talent in the draft.  If we trade down, anything can happen. Preferably OL or WR.  Building an offense for Allen has to be priority number 1

...much appreciated bud..........:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Provided that DeKaylin passes medicals, I think this is the right answer. It's an obvious one but there's logic to it.

Going to blast away the Combine, he'll really show off in the route running drills.

He's been medically cleared by his doctors to participate in the pre-draft stuff.  I know there are doctors and then there are doctors, but the early evidence is good.

• Like (+1) 1

There are several "name receivers" that have caught most of the attention: Metcalf, Neal, Butler, Samuel and Brown.  There is nobody that is free of caveats that could get in the way of greatness.  Maybe Brown being small and light could be prone to injury in the physical pro game, Metcalf has the neck injury.  Neal and Butler have the size but might lick the speed and may have concentration lapses.  Samuel looks more like a running back.  That makes picking the first one off the board something of a crap shoot.  

There are lots of other big receivers in the draft:  Lil Jordan Humphrey (Texas), David Sills, (WV), Miles Boykin (ND), Arcega-Whiteside (Stanford), Kelvin Harmon (NC State) are just a few of them.  There are a bunch of medium sized WRs too, and some more small, fast and/or quick receivers I'm of the opinion that Buffalo might pick up another receiver in free agency and then pick up a sleeper WR late in the draft.  My personal favorite is Jazz Ferguson out of Northwestern State (not the University of Northwestern).  He happens to be the younger brother of Jaylon Ferguson, an edge rusher who might end up in the first round.  It's really a very deep WR draft, just not a lot of confidence about the top.

Edited by TigerJ