Predict the 1st WR drafted

Logic

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Contrary to popular belief, I feel that Marquise "Hollywood" Brown will be the first WR off the board. 

Players with his speed and explosiveness always tend to go earlier than analysts predict. 

I also don't believe the scuttlebutt that he's just a slot WR. I see him as another DeSean Jackson, with the ability to singlehandedly change on offense. Tyreek Hill lite.

Not only do I think Brown will be the first WR of the board, I'd also be thrilled if the Bills take him at 9. I realize they desperately need O-linemen and tight ends, but a player like Brown can really change an offense, as I said. With Brown on one side and Foster on the other, the Bills would be taking full advantage of Allen's arm strength, and defenses would have a HELL of a time stopping that much deep speed.

Thoughts?

Looks you read Daniel Jerimiah’s mock draft today.

Marquise-Brown-1.jpg

Marquise Brown, WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 
Brown is a DeSean Jackson clone. He has a similar build and the same explosive playmaking skills as the Bucs wide receiver. He lines up outside and in the slot. He easily defeats press coverage with his quickness -- and when corners elect to play off coverage, he eats up their cushion in a hurry. He is a blur on deep posts and go routes, showing both suddenness off the line and another gear once the ball is thrown to him

22 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Looks you read Daniel Jerimiah’s mock draft today.

Marquise-Brown-1.jpg

Marquise Brown, WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior 
Brown is a DeSean Jackson clone. He has a similar build and the same explosive playmaking skills as the Bucs wide receiver. He lines up outside and in the slot. He easily defeats press coverage with his quickness -- and when corners elect to play off coverage, he eats up their cushion in a hurry. He is a blur on deep posts and go routes, showing both suddenness off the line and another gear once the ball is thrown to him

To start with, I believe that's his big board, not a mock.

I did read it, yes. But the opinion that Brown is DeSean Jackson-like and can play outside has been around long before Jeremiah's big board. I do agree with the notion, though.

Upside usually sells so I go with Metcalf.  I believe Harmon is currently the best WR and has the highest floor.  

7 minutes ago, Spielman said:

Going out on a limb and will say Butler.  A great combine will boost his stock.

And Isabella will go late second round after he runs sub- 4.35

Is he really that fast?

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Upside usually sells so I go with Metcalf.  I believe Harmon is currently the best WR and has the highest floor.  

Is he really that fast?

Isabella was a track star in high school.  Ran the fastest 60 meter time in the country at 6.72 secs.  He said that he ran a 4.26 recently while training with Randy Moss in FL.  That 60 meter time is more impressive.....

I would love to see the bills draft Butler and Isabella...what a great mix of YOUNG wide-outs:

Butler - 6/'6" 219

Isabella - 5'8" 185

Foster

Jones

McKenzie

Williams

Edited by Spielman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

N’Keal Harry

If he runs a decent 40 time at the combine there is no reason he should not be drafted very high. I think he is faster than most assume and he'll raise his draft stock come combine.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

If he runs a decent 40 time at the combine there is no reason he should not be drafted very high. I think he is faster than most assume and he'll raise his draft stock come combine.

He's not a speed guy and that's okay. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin in his prime. Just a tough playmaker.

15 minutes ago, Spielman said:

Isabella was a track star in high school.  Ran the fastest 60 meter time in the country at 6.72 secs.  He said that he ran a 4.26 recently while training with Randy Moss in FL.  That 60 meter time is more impressive.....

I would love to see the bills draft Butler and Isabella...what a great mix of YOUNG wide-outs:

Butler - 6/'6" 219

Isabella - 5'8" 185

Foster

Jones

McKenzie

Williams

Dam.  If he’s that fast how would he not be a sure fire 1st rd pick?  Great hands and routes I assume?  I haven’t looked at his game tape yet, just highlights and watched the senior bowl.  Small, I get it, but the multiple time nfl champion just churns out those types and wins Super Bowls with them.  You’d think a GM would use a first on a kid with this skill set that runs a sub 4.3.  Cooks is probably the closest comparison I can come up with, although they a very different WRs 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Dam.  If he’s that fast how would he not be a sure fire 1st rd pick?  Great hands and routes I assume?  I haven’t looked at his game tape yet, just highlights and watched the senior bowl.  Small, I get it, but the multiple time nfl champion just churns out those types and wins Super Bowls with them.  You’d think a GM would use a first on a kid with this skill set that runs a sub 4.3.  Cooks is probably the closest comparison I can come up with, although they a very different WRs 

Hands and route running are excellent.  Some actually compare him to Tyreek Hill.  Hill is 5"10", 185 with similar speed.   I'd take anything close to Hill. 

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

He was severely limited by the scheme that he played in, that much is true. He did predominently just run verts, slants, crossers but I think he's far more savvy than the limits placed upon him.

Guys that can separate like he does on his in-breaking routes tend to have the natural gift for route running. It might take some time for the skill to fully develop but I like his chances.

Blokes

Just out of curiosity who do you think we draft?  Trade down?   I value your opinion

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d rather have Renfrow than Ray Ray.  What a bad pick. 

And ill I’ll go with Harry or Butler.  And as always with wrs, their success will depend who drafts them.

Bad pick? He was a late round draft pick. There is no such thing as a bad pick in the 6th round.

Edited by MJS

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Back pick? He was a late round draft pick. There is no such thing as a bad pick in the 6th round.

Yes there is.  St Brown, a 6’5” burner who was hamstring by a terrible throwing qb in college, should have been the pick.  There is no upside with a guy like Ray Ray, who wasn’t even as good as Renfrow.  It was a bad pick.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes there is.  St Brown, a 6’5” burner who was hamstring by a terrible throwing qb in college, should have been the pick.  There is no upside with a guy like Ray Ray, who wasn’t even as good as Renfrow.  It was a bad pick.

You are delusional. Complaining about 6th round picks is so asinine.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

You are delusional. Complaining about 6th round picks is so asinine.

Since I’m so delusional, let’s make a bet who has the better career:  the slow, undersized, 2nd best slot receiver on his college team or the 6’5” fast guy who was one of the best recruits in the country who played with a qb who got benched this year.  

PM and we can work out an arrangement.  Of course, I’m the guy who wanted Juju in his draft and won’t hsve traded up for Zay so I don’t know what I’m talking about.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Since I’m so delusional, let’s make a bet who has the better career:  the slow, undersized, 2nd best slot receiver on his college team or the 6’5” fast guy who was one of the best recruits in the country who played with a qb who got benched this year.  

PM and we can work out an arrangement.  Of course, I’m the guy who wanted Juju in his draft and won’t hsve traded up for Zay so I don’t know what I’m talking about.

My bet is neither of them will have good careers because they are 6th round draft picks.

Sounds like you should be a GM. Have you filled out an application?