Predict the 1st WR drafted

Logic

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Blokes

Just out of curiosity who do you think we draft?  Trade down?   I value your opinion

For the first time in a few years, I've not really got a solid feeling about who's in play. The biggest weaknesses on the roster are offensive but it looks so much like a really strong defensive class, especially in the early picks. I've got to think that we'll see some kind of pass rusher.

I think the early FA spending will start to narrow things down. FA to plug holes and what's left is the positions that the organisation value the most, fill those with home-grown talent.

Edited by Blokestradamus

22 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I like Deebo. 

I hate to disappoint you but I think we have a philosophical difference on the mighty Deebo. I refuse to accept a WR with a RB body as a matter of principle.

He's also not physical/nuanced enough to play outside in the NFL and his value is capped as a 'slot only' with ST upside. 4th round grade, sorry pal.

21 hours ago, Spielman said:

Hands and route running are excellent.  Some actually compare him to Tyreek Hill.  Hill is 5"10", 185 with similar speed.   I'd take anything close to Hill. 

I'd take anything close to Tyler Lockett too, who is one of my favorite receivers in the league. A quickness/speed combo is so huge now given the passing game rules. The situation has changed greatly since Desmond Howard came into the league. 

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

For the first time in a few years, I've not really got a solid feeling about who's in play. The biggest weaknesses on the roster are offensive but it looks so much like a really strong defensive class, especially in the early picks. I've got to think that we'll see some kind of pass rusher.

I think the early FA spending will start to narrow things down. FA to plug holes and what's left is the positions that the organisation value the most, fill those with home-grown talent.

Just curious - where did you stand on Tyler Lockett? I loved him coming out of college, but I didn't feel confident enough to know where he would/should be drafted. I think he's an elite player now.

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes there is.  St Brown, a 6’5” burner who was hamstring by a terrible throwing qb in college, should have been the pick.  There is no upside with a guy like Ray Ray, who wasn’t even as good as Renfrow.  It was a bad pick.

We threw 3pks straight in the trash last draft.

5th S Neal

6th Ray Ray

6th Proel

These 3 guys all were un drafted free agent caliber. 

Edited by BillsFan1988

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

I hate to disappoint you but I think we have a philosophical difference on the mighty Deebo. I refuse to accept a WR with a RB body as a matter of principle.

He's also not physical/nuanced enough to play outside in the NFL and his value is capped as a 'slot only' with ST upside. 4th round grade, sorry pal.

S’ok. Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder. 

And I hope you get around to accepting Tyreek Hill someday.

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Just curious - where did you stand on Tyler Lockett? I loved him coming out of college, but I didn't feel confident enough to know where he would/should be drafted. I think he's an elite player now.

Lockett was a guy that I enjoyed more than I liked. I had him as a 3rd rounder. Worried about his size out on the boundary, figured he was a pure slot guy. Obviously, the KR/PR skills were added value and it's been no shock that he's been such a consistent ST weapon. If you can get a Day 2 WR that's going to give you 4 years of production like he has, you take that value all day.

Also, thanks for making me look at my draft grades from that year. I pretty much whiffed on 8 of my top 10 WR's that year :D

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:43 PM, Da webster guy said:

Yeah i wonder if Cinci fans talk about how much worse it was to pick Ross over Mahomes.

At least we got a 1st round pick for our oversight, they got a receiver who has about 400 combined yards in 2 years.  That's gotta hurt.

It was a bad decision at the time for Cincy. 

I like Metcalf and Harry. Both similar players.

I would say Harry would be the first off the boards because of his ability after the catch (which is special for a man his size) not to mention dude returned some punts as well. 

Of course, as the PAC-12 guru I’m biased. With my luck, Harry will probably go in the third round like my favorite receiver in the 2013 draft did...Keenan Allen. But what do I know.

• Like (+1) 1