Predict the 1st WR drafted

Logic

Contrary to popular belief, I feel that Marquise "Hollywood" Brown will be the first WR off the board. 

Players with his speed and explosiveness always tend to go earlier than analysts predict. 

I also don't believe the scuttlebutt that he's just a slot WR. I see him as another DeSean Jackson, with the ability to singlehandedly change on offense. Tyreek Hill lite.

Not only do I think Brown will be the first WR of the board, I'd also be thrilled if the Bills take him at 9. I realize they desperately need O-linemen and tight ends, but a player like Brown can really change an offense, as I said. With Brown on one side and Foster on the other, the Bills would be taking full advantage of Allen's arm strength, and defenses would have a HELL of a time stopping that much deep speed.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t think Brown going first goes against popular belief... I’ve seen many mocks with him as the first reciever. 

Fair enough. I seem to see a lot of DK Metcalf, and even Kelvin Harmon lately.

I also see Marquise Brown going in the 2nd round in a lot of mocks, which is just bananas.

11 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Provided that DeKaylin passes medicals, I think this is the right answer. It's an obvious one but there's logic to it.

Going to blast away the Combine, he'll really show off in the route running drills.

I read something yesterday that said Metcalf only ran three different routes in college. Is that true?

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

I read something yesterday that said Metcalf only ran three different routes in college. Is that true?

He was severely limited by the scheme that he played in, that much is true. He did predominently just run verts, slants, crossers but I think he's far more savvy than the limits placed upon him.

Guys that can separate like he does on his in-breaking routes tend to have the natural gift for route running. It might take some time for the skill to fully develop but I like his chances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

He was severely limited by the scheme that he played in, that much is true. He did predominently just run verts, slants, crossers but I think he's far more savvy than the limits placed upon him.

Guys that can separate like he does on his in-breaking routes tend to have the natural gift for route running. It might take some time for the skill to fully develop but I like his chances.

Thanks. He is the guy I want most but I’d be ok with Butler as well. 

I like Metcalf a lot. However, I can't shake the feeling that with the rules as they are now in the NFL, and with the offense Daboll likes to run, that speed/quickness WRs who can gain almost instant separation are the best weapons an offense can have. Tyreek Hill, for instance, was basically uncoverable this year. 

Add in having a quarterback with the arm strength that Josh Allen has, and a dominant deep threat becomes even MORE of an asset. Furthermore, Josh seemed to have better chemistry and success with WRs whose main asset was speed. 

I've been on the Hollywood train since I watched him vs. Texas.  With today's game and how you can hardly touch a WR off the line, I think he projects well to be a successful, high draft pick in the league.  If we could trade down to the mid/late teens, I would highly consider him if he's there.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Contrary to popular belief, I feel that Marquise "Hollywood" Brown will be the first WR off the board. 

Players with his speed and explosiveness always tend to go earlier than analysts predict. 

I also don't believe the scuttlebutt that he's just a slot WR. I see him as another DeSean Jackson, with the ability to singlehandedly change on offense. Tyreek Hill lite.

Not only do I think Brown will be the first WR of the board, I'd also be thrilled if the Bills take him at 9. I realize they desperately need O-linemen and tight ends, but a player like Brown can really change an offense, as I said. With Brown on one side and Foster on the other, the Bills would be taking full advantage of Allen's arm strength, and defenses would have a HELL of a time stopping that much deep speed.

Thoughts?

The only thing with that is if the QB is running for his life because of a porous O line then all that speed means nothing as we saw this year because Allen will be running it himself .

It all starts in the trenches O line i hope will be the top priority in this years draft ! What i don't understand is how with all the mocks coming out now they have the Bills taking defensive guys with the first pick ?