TE Thoughts

RPbillsfan

19 hours ago, wppete said:

I love the trade back and pick up an extra 2nd round pick.

I would love to see this:

#15 - JaWaan Taylor, OT - Florida

#40 - Hakeem Butler, WR - Iowa St.

#46 - Chris Lindstrom, G - Boston College

#75 - Deebo Samuel, WR - South Carolina

That would be quite a haul !

I’m all in for TJ Hockenson.

I bet he runs a 4.5 40 yard dash too.

Round 2- Deebo Samuels, Riley Ridley or Hakeem Butler 

OL in FA. Get a DT and OLB rounds 3 and 4

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I want Hockenson. Where does he ultimately go? Seen mostly late-1st to mid-2nd.

Pick 15-20

Dude is big, fluid, can catch, block and will put up big numbers at the combine.

OJ Howard went #19, this dude is better

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I'll take Hockenson and Fant or Irv Smith . Especially if we can get another 2nd in a trade bk.

Didn't we spend 11 mil on Star to add the beef. I do agree with more stunts and blitzes. 

Yeah if Risner is there I would love that.

apparently we need more than Star, the Pats trucked us with ease.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Tillery reportedly was locker room poison, to the point of trying to get his college coach, Brian Kelly fired.

Dang! Thats nuts!

Nope  not for us, take him off the board, i feel the same about Oliver.

9 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Shaq Lawson would love this draft.  And so would Allen.  

me too :D

i was going to do a full mock but i was too tired.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:10 AM, White Linen said:

I don't believe Harry will be available anywhere near 40.

We can do poll here of the top 5 Wrs on the board and there's no doubt hardly anyone will be able to have the same 5 let alone the top 3. 

I think 2 Wrs will be selected in the first rd. Another 3 in the first 10 pks of rd 2. Teams will see the value wrs in the 2nd rd . They will get pushed back due to other teams needs and what's available during the draft offensive lineman and all defense will be the majority taken in the first rd. 

If Harry goes before we make our pk in the 2nd there will be another WR that has the same type of skill set on the board. This draft is full of big catch radius type Wrs.

DK Metcalf

Marquise Brown

N'Keal Harry

Kelvin Harmon

Pj Brown

Hakeem Butler 

Deebo Samuel 

Parris Campbell 

Riley Ridley

These guys are all pretty much ranked all over the place. There will be at least 5 maybe 6 of them available when we pk at #40. There's no doubt the value is in the 2nd rd. I've seen mocks with all these guys going off the board before the other.

Edited by BillsFan1988

22 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’m all in for TJ Hockenson.

I bet he runs a 4.5 40 yard dash too.

Round 2- Deebo Samuels, Riley Ridley or Hakeem Butler 

OL in FA. Get a DT and OLB rounds 3 and 4

Pick 15-20

Dude is big, fluid, can catch, block and will put up big numbers at the combine.

OJ Howard went #19, this dude is better

TJ would be great to have but if the Bills leave Round 1 without having addressed OL or DL I am going to be pissed.  My preference is OL.  They may be able to plug a couple of immediate holes in the short term in FA, but they need to start committing some high end draft capital to the OL.  It is the only way to build.  They certainly have a need for a TE, but a first round TE is a luxury at the this stage of their development.  

On 2/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, Shaw66 said:

Figgy -

Very interesting you should say that about the Super Bowl.  I think it's the kind of D McD fully intends to bring.   My view of the Pats defense, every season and especially in the Super Bowl this year, is that they are always in position, they always are very physical, and they always tackle soundly.   My view of the Bills defense now is they are almost always in position (they know what they're supposed to do and they do it), and McDermott has said more than once that they intend to be known around the league as as physical as any team.   He's also said he expects better tackling.   So, yeah, I think we're looking at an elite defense, year after year, in the making. Imagine a defense as fundamentally sound as the Pats with Edmunds roaming the middle of the field!

I agree about Allen, too, except it's going to take him a few years to get there.   We could see the inexperience hurting Goff, and it will hurt Allen over the next few years, too.   He's going to see things where he just doesn't know what to do.  Only experience can solve that problem.   On the other hand, I think he's already ahead of Goff in a different sense.  Watching Gilmore's INT in the fourth quarter, I thought immediately  that Allen throws a touchdown or an incompletion on that play, because Allen has the arm to deliver that ball where it needed to be.   We've already seen it.   Not to mention the TD Goff missed because he was so late delivering the ball to the end zone.   I think Allen is already better than that - Allen could have been just as late throwing, but because of his arm strength the ball would have arrived before the defender.    Good enough to beat Belichick and Brady in the playoffs next season?  Almost certainly not, but time will tell.     

I think if things go well, we're looking ahead to a solid to spectacular defense every season and outstanding quarterbacking.   The Bills should be a real handful.  

Despite all the high scoring O's in the NFL this season in the end it was spectacular D from both teams that stole the show. Myself personally, Gilmore deserved Superbowl MVP honors. Not a player on a unit that only scored 13 points, regardless of how many catches he made, IMO.

I've grown accustomed to commenting year in and year out, " If only Buffalo could grow QB's like we grow CB's"

I'm not sure I can say that anymore ...

On 2/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I want Hockenson. Where does he ultimately go? Seen mostly late-1st to mid-2nd.

If we address the offensive line in free agency, I’d be perfectly content with taking Hockenson at 9 to be honest. Will be considered a reach, but there’s almost zero chance he will be there with our second pick.

I think Josh Allen would benefit more with a TE like Hock than a WR in round one. Plus I believe there’s very good value at the WR position in rounds 2-4.

3 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

If we address the offensive line in free agency, I’d be perfectly content with taking Hockenson at 9 to be honest. Will be considered a reach, but there’s almost zero chance he will be there with our second pick.

I think Josh Allen would benefit more with a TE like Hock than a WR in round one. Plus I believe there’s very good value at the WR position in rounds 2-4.

It's a tough choice.  I think the Bills can address two offensive linemen in FA and get a serviceable TE before the draft, and with a high number of solid veteran DT available make a pick-up in that area too.

I'm torn between the potential of a DK Metcalf and a TE like TJ Hockenson.  Obviously the goal would be to trade down in the 1st, pick-up amother second and even make a deal to trade our 1st in 2020 and the later pick in the 2nd to go back up and get whichever player we wanted.

Thats a dream scenario and would be dependent on a trade down and then a team willing to trade out of the 1st round and move into the 2nd in 2019, maybe a team like Oakland.

In that scenario I could see the Bills getting Metcalf early and then going back up for Hockenson.