CBS.com 2018 Re-Draft: Allen to Jets, Bills take Rosen; Robert Foster, Levi Wallace go in 1st round

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the Bills were interested in Rosen at all, for whatever reason.  I think the same about Mayfield and Jackson.

If they couldn't have taken Allen or Darnold I believe they would have traded down and gone after Mason Rudolph.

Note that this does NOT represent my personal opinion or ranking of last year's draft class, but rather what I think the Bills would have done based on various things Beane has said.

I agree. Mayfield and Rosen just didn't seem like they had the personality traits that McDermott and Beane were looking for. I will personally always believe that their board was:

1. Darnold
2. Allen
3. Rudolph

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

In this re-draft they take Jessie Bates because Derwin James is gone and they play the same position. But in reality, the Chargers said after the draft that they were going to take Edmunds at 17 if he was there. 

Is that true, we snagged him one ahead.

I get Edmunds had some very bad games, esp early n but people should realize when we drafted him he was 19, 19 years old.  What did people expect, Brian Urlacher as a rookie"  Give me a break. There were a few plays where his range and athletic ability were extraordinary, on the one interception and the QB sack where he also tackled the RB in the process.  The guy is just like Allen, an athletic freak that needs a lot of work & experience, both have incredibly high ceilings.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is that true, we snagged him one ahead.

I get Edmunds had some very bad games, esp early n but people should realize when we drafted him he was 19, 19 years old.  What did people expect, Brian Urlacher as a rookie"  Give me a break. There were a few plays where his range and athletic ability were extraordinary, on the one interception and the QB sack where he also tackled the RB in the process.  The guy is just like Allen, an athletic freak that needs a lot of work & experience, both have incredibly high ceilings.

I tend to think that the Bills somehow knew the Chargers wanted him and that’s why they traded up to Baltimore’s spot. 

28 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

True but he did come on in the end, did show flashes and of course we all know how young/raw he is/was.  He was dreadful in a handful of games early on and in mid-season.

He had a strong game at the end against a Dolphins team with a dead coach walking and one foot on the bus.

The week before he was terrible against the Patriots..........so it's not like there was some kind of measurable linear progress.

Though it's fun to try to project strong end of season production into the following year...........if you went by that than you'd have thought Tyrod was bound for huge things following his final performances of 2015 and 2016 where he and Watkins sank Revis Island and then set the franchise single game offensive yardage record against the Dolphins.

It's fun to go out on a high note but brief flashes at the end rarely indicate anything about the following year. 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Keep it coming with the predictions eball. 

That Super Bowl prediction was spot on as usual with your takes.?

You are setting records on here with the incredibly inaccurate takes. Doing good man.??

Just print out a bunch of my posts and bring them. It clearly angers you. ?

And late. Like I said, he was dreadful against NE in week 16. 

The talent is there. Just need a lot more consistency. 

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c5b1936574d6e6f55

59 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That Super Bowl prediction was spot on as usual with your takes.?

What prediction was that?  My tongue-in-cheek post about wanting the Pats*** dynasty to end?

You've been outed, dude.  You're a downer, plain and simple.  Carry on.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Foster and Wallace in the first round??

Wonder where Trapazoid has his No 1 QB pre draft Mason Rudolph going?

He was my number 3.  Still think he will be good.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I tend to think that the Bills somehow knew the Chargers wanted him and that’s why they traded up to Baltimore’s spot. 

They also had him rated much higher than where they took him.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He was my number 3.  Still think he will be good.

They also had him rated much higher than where they took him.

Yep I think the Bills didn’t expect him to fall out of the top 15, and when they saw the LAC at 17 and knowing they wanted him too and he likely wouldn’t be there at 22 where they sat, they pulled the trigger. Thanks Tyrod/Browns! 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He had a strong game at the end against a Dolphins team with a dead coach walking and one foot on the bus.

The week before he was terrible against the Patriots..........so it's not like there was some kind of measurable linear progress.

Though it's fun to try to project strong end of season production into the following year...........if you went by that than you'd have thought Tyrod was bound for huge things following his final performances of 2015 and 2016 where he and Watkins sank Revis Island and then set the franchise single game offensive yardage record against the Dolphins.

It's fun to go out on a high note but brief flashes at the end rarely indicate anything about the following year. 

I am not going to hold the PAts game against a rookie MLB, as much as I hate to admit it the PAts can isolate and humiliate a young and or rookie QB just like the can a rookie MLB but hey you have your standards and expectations, i have mine.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Foster and Wallace in the first round??

Wonder where Trapazoid has his No 1 QB pre draft Mason Rudolph going?

Boom..a few games when Foster actually ran proper routes,caught catchable balls and put numbers up and he becomes a number one flanker????

Bank on it,he'll be no higher than 4th on the flanker depth chart next year,if he is higher than #3,Beane didn't do his job.

This offense needs to load up this spring/summer...I want a team that is a threat to put 30 points on the scoreboard every week.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep I think the Bills didn’t expect him to fall out of the top 15, and when they saw the LAC at 17 and knowing they wanted him too and he likely wouldn’t be there at 22 where they sat, they pulled the trigger. Thanks Tyrod/Browns! 

So the Chargers were forced to settle for Derwin James, who as a rookie was probably the best safety in football....

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am not going to hold the PAts game against a rookie MLB, as much as I hate to admit it the PAts can isolate and humiliate a young and or rookie QB just like the can a rookie MLB but hey you have your standards and expectations, i have mine.

Yeah his worst games were pretty well distributed.........like I said.......no real linear improvement........but improvement isn't always like that.    Hopefully a light comes on for him by the start of next season.    McD and Frazier can't really take their defense to a higher level until he stops being a victim..........the MLB needs to be great in this D.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

So the Chargers were forced to settle for Derwin James, who as a rookie was probably the best safety in football....

Good on LAC  to go BPA there (James also was not expected to drop that far) when they really needed a LB more than a safety. They could have taken Vander Esch who went two picks after. Would have been a decent pick but nowhere near the difference maker Derwin James is for them. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, GreggTX said:

Wallace and Foster saved that draft along with Teller and T Johnson. It's Edmunds and Allen that worry me. I can't imagine Allen at #3. I can also see Edmunds going on day 2 or even day 3.

Teller was hot garbage at guard and no better than Ducasse. He just got the starts because Ducasse was terrible, expensive, and soon to be gone. But in no way was Teller better or even good.  His pass protection was awful and he really wasnt that good in the run game. 

He probably gets the start if they sign C in FA. But if they decide to go with Bodine and sign a FA guard, my guess is Teller goes back to the bench.

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah his worst games were pretty well distributed.........like I said.......no real linear improvement........but improvement isn't always like that.    Hopefully a light comes on for him by the start of next season.    McD and Frazier can't really take their defense to a higher level until he stops being a victim..........the MLB needs to be great in this D.

If Edmunds is more suited to be a pass rusher than a MLB, it occurs to me that if the Bills draft a good MLB, they would in essence be gaining a pass rusher (Edmunds) by doing so.

I don't know of any college MLBs other than Mack Wilson. Mack is a very good player, really solid but imo considerably less talented than Reuben Foster was but without the issues.

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

If Edmunds is more suited to be a pass rusher than a MLB, it occurs to me that if the Bills draft a good MLB, they would in essence be gaining a pass rusher (Edmunds) by doing so.

I don't know of any college MLBs other than Mack Wilson. Mack is a very good player, really solid but imo considerably less talented than Reuben Foster was but without the issues.

They just need to trade for Luke Kuechly. :flirt:   His base salary is jumping about $9M this season so maybe the Panthers would be open to moving him.

Lorenzo Alexander was onto an important point the other day when discussing whether the Bills should pursue Thomas Davis.........that the Bills need to be able to change their defense to adapt to opponents in the same manner the Patriots do..........or Wade/Cottrell used to do here.......or what Rex was supposed to be able to do.

While certainly *possible*.......it's hard to see that happening with any time soon with a MLB who we are just hoping will get to the point where he is always making the routine plays.

• Like (+1) 2