CBS.com 2018 Re-Draft: Allen to Jets, Bills take Rosen; Robert Foster, Levi Wallace go in 1st round

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, 80 solo tackles, 2 INT, 2 FF in 15 games as a rookie sucks.  You still don't get it.  In a year everyone knew the Bills wouldn't contend they got the chance to mold a 19-year-old kid with stupendous talent and give him a year of experience in their defense.  Was he an instant All-Pro?  No, but I guess that's your measuring stick for a rookie 1st rounder.

Edmunds not being on this list given both the way he played and his potential is a little ridiculous -- even with the growing pains.

When I saw Scott’s post all I could do was chuckle. Somebody that far gone isn’t even worth your time. 

Edmunds was an individual in the middle of the 2nd ranked yardage D in the Nfl and 2nd overall defense in the NFL according to football outsiders DVOA. He EARNED conference defensive rookie of the month to close out the year and was the only player in the NFL with 120 tackles, 2 int, 2FF, and 10 passes defended. 

.... but he struggled all year and Scottlaw is quite worried. cool story, Bruh.....Foolishness. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Worse situation for Rosen than Josh put up with. Much worse line. 

Like it or not, he's got a chance, still, to be a very good one.

No way to know, with any of them, but there's a chance.

He isn't good, he had better players around him than Josh did.

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Philips? Guy was nonexistent.

He had 35 combined tackles, more than Michael Bennett, Everson Griffen and Brandon Williams to name a few.  He didn't make a ton of big splash plays but as a 3rd round pick that shouldn't be expected.  He produced well for being in a heavy rotation.  

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s my opinion as well. Where were the Cards worse than the Bills? 

I dont get how people use this argument.  They say Arizona lost so much of their oline due to injuries, we just lost all ours before the season started. We also didnt have Kirk, Fitz, or DJ so im not buying it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He seems to think he was put in a bad situation (is Buffalo’s offense much better?) and that he still has the chops to be a franchize QB. I mean, maybe. 

Yeah. It's kind of bold to claim Rosen had the worst situation. Pretty clear to me that Allen had just as bad of a situation. There's no way you can claim that their offensive line was worse, and certainly the Bills had a worse WR group. Rosen had a future hall of famer to throw to.

Anyway, that's why Allen went 3rd and Rosen 12th. He showed more with a similar situation. But Rosen should have dropped out of the first.

I also think Taron Johnson should have gone in the first. He dropped off people's radar after he was shut down later in the season, but he was consistently rated as one of the best rookie CB's in the league.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would never happen as he says, he thinks gettleman would take him all over again. He’s going by what he would do if he were these teams, and doesn’t put a lot of value on the RB position. 

If he was there at 22 i would have sprinted to the podium and hoped he didnt die behind our terrible line

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Wallace and Foster saved that draft along with Teller and T Johnson. It's Edmunds and Allen that worry me. I can't imagine Allen at #3. I can also see Edmunds going on day 2 or even day 3.

The defensive rookie of the month for December with incredible physical traits going on day 3?  You can't really believe that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

When I saw Scott’s post all I could do was chuckle. Somebody that far gone isn’t even worth your time. 

Edmunds was an individual in the middle of the 2nd ranked yardage D in the Nfl and 2nd overall defense in the NFL according to football outsiders DVOA. He EARNED conference defensive rookie of the month to close out the year and was the only player in the NFL with 120 tackles, 2 int, 2FF, and 10 passes defended. 

.... but he struggled all year and Scottlaw is quite worried. cool story, Bruh.....Foolishness. 

He had a rough year........there were a number of games when he was the worst player on the defense.

You can sum up his issues as a lack of instinctive play.

There  have been rare cases where guys who struggled at the position early have made big strides but it's not the norm.........typically they hit the ground running.

I still like the pick because I think he could be very good edge player if MLB doesn't pan out but it's fair to say he didn't look like a first rounder last year.........and there were LB's picked later who DID.........it's certainly noteworthy.

2 hours ago, teef said:

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c5ad68c4557626a73

First three rounds of Bills 2018 draft according to @ScottLaw:

Allen -- BADOLBILZ seems to like him so I guess I do too.

Edmunds -- running around like a Keystone Kop out there.

Phillips -- did he even play?

ScottLaw gonna ScottLaw...

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, eball said:

First three rounds of Bills 2018 draft according to @ScottLaw:

Allen -- BADOLBILZ seems to like him so I guess I do too.

Edmunds -- running around like a Keystone Kop out there.

Phillips -- did he even play?

ScottLaw gonna ScottLaw...

i'm going to meet him someday, and it will be glorious.    i'm going to make up a list of things i hate and anger me, so we have something to talk about.

I thought Edmunds had a great first year.  He led the team in tackles, made the defensive calls, and shows tremendous speed and hitting ability.  Maybe I'm just a guy watching football and not breaking down every play in slo-mo.  I'm thrilled he's on our team, and I think he's a fixture.  Can't wait to see what happens when Milano, Taron Johnson, the free agent signings, and people like Levi Wallace continue to improve.  

I also think Josh is going to be a superstar.  Foster is a stud, Zay will get better, and they'll find Josh some new targets.  Clay will be gone and replaced by a person who runs routes and catches footballs.  

Let's go.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don't think the Bills were interested in Rosen at all, for whatever reason.  I think the same about Mayfield and Jackson.

If they couldn't have taken Allen or Darnold I believe they would have traded down and gone after Mason Rudolph.

Note that this does NOT represent my personal opinion or ranking of last year's draft class, but rather what I think the Bills would have done based on various things Beane has said.

• Like (+1) 2