CBS.com 2018 Re-Draft: Allen to Jets, Bills take Rosen; Robert Foster, Levi Wallace go in 1st round

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

#21.

I'm not sure what any of this means, and I seriously question some of these assumptions, but I think the Bill did a lot better with Allen and Edmunds that if they had gotten Rosen and Smith.

Man I’m really asleep 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Foster is the classic case of showing patience with young talent. Putting him on the opening day 53 was a roulette wheel bet on a specific number.

Through training camp I know I was questioning his hands, his routes, his work ethic, his ball tracking skills -- just about everything. Then he makes one catch in the Chicago preseason game that shows some really good ability and he's on the roster.

I was upset when he made the opening day 53 and was glad when they cut him in October.  Thank goodness no one signed him off the waiver wire. The cut was an instant dose of maturity.  Hopefully, he continues to work hard.  It means a lot of he and Isiah develop further in years 2 and 3 respectively.

Levi just needed field time...he has to work on his tackling in the run game but he has really good shadow, defend and read skills. 

The Bills lucked out...Bama has NFL like talent in droves on that roster...I wouldn't be surprised if Daboll has given the scouts a few more diamonds in the rough to scout..

Edited by JoeF

The thing I love about Foster the most is his size and body relative to his speed.   He looks like he can take hits and be durable, and we all know how much it sucks having an injury prone stud WR.

I've said this here before but one afternoon on the radio Tasker kept harping on how there are a million speed guys in college that can stretch the field, but they're relatively useless in the pro's because they can't go from a dead sprint to a stop for an out route or a stop-n-go.   

Said it's the rarest thing to be able to look like you're doing another fly route but then stop quickly.   Puts a ton of strain on your legs and NFL corners will eat you up unless you do it well AND have the deep speed in the first place.   He was raving about Foster having this quality, and this was like week 11 when he was just starting to gel with Josh.

This is very exciting.  He could be the next Moulds.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Barkley would have gone at 7 to the Bucs.

I also think that reality has Allen going before Darnold. It was close enough during the real draft, and then Allen showed plenty of growth in his weak spots. People praise Darnold cause he was so bad to begin the year that his decent play towards the end made him look super. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wow they wanted the Bills to take the disaster known as Rosen... I thought he would have dropped out of the first round easily.

Worse situation for Rosen than Josh put up with. Much worse line. 

Like it or not, he's got a chance, still, to be a very good one.

No way to know, with any of them, but there's a chance.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Oh, and one more thing: Saquon Barkley dropping all the way to 23rd or whatever is just silly. He had 2000 all purpose yards as a rookie, right? And now he drops 21 spots in the re-draft? Nonsense.

I’d have gone QB over RB, but so goofy on the re-draft. How does he fall THAT far? 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He seems to think he was put in a bad situation (is Buffalo’s offense much better?) and that he still has the chops to be a franchize QB. I mean, maybe. 

I think it's the combination of the Giants taking Darnold and the Jets taking Allen. The Bills were clearly positioned to get and in serious need of a QB and Rosen was kind of the leftovers.

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Wallace and Foster saved that draft along with Teller and T Johnson. It's Edmunds and Allen that worry me. I can't imagine Allen at #3. I can also see Edmunds going on day 2 or even day 3.

In this re-draft they take Jessie Bates because Derwin James is gone and they play the same position. But in reality, the Chargers said after the draft that they were going to take Edmunds at 17 if he was there. 

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Two UDFAs in a mock 1st round redraft? not bad. Not bad at all.

Let’s hope this years draftbis as good as last years... don’t forget Harrison Philips, Taron Johnson and Wayat Teller all bigtime contributers.

• Like (+1) 1

Still based off potential Edmund's gets re drafted in the top 20.  Late in the year he showed his ability to be elite vs pass.  At the POA in the run that will come with experience and growth.  He still is not physically mature yet. Once he plays consistently with leverage and power look out.  

3 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

ummmm.... and here's literally the most important part of the article, that op for some reason left out:

3. New York Jets: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming. Allen's opening handful of games in Buffalo were brutal at best, and strangely, the injury that shelved him for a month proved to be a godsend. He looked like a different, considerably more confident quarterback in November and December than he did in September and October. The Jets moved up before the draft to guarantee themselves a top signal-caller, and they get one in this re-draft.

Why is that the most important part? The Giants took Darnold #2 in the redraft... Darnold wasn’t available for the Jets to take

in that scenario they still would’ve taken Darnold over Allen if available

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

The thing I love about Foster the most is his size and body relative to his speed.   He looks like he can take hits and be durable, and we all know how much it sucks having an injury prone stud WR.

I've said this here before but one afternoon on the radio Tasker kept harping on how there are a million speed guys in college that can stretch the field, but they're relatively useless in the pro's because they can't go from a dead sprint to a stop for an out route or a stop-n-go.   

Said it's the rarest thing to be able to look like you're doing another fly route but then stop quickly.   Puts a ton of strain on your legs and NFL corners will eat you up unless you do it well AND have the deep speed in the first place.   He was raving about Foster having this quality, and this was like week 11 when he was just starting to gel with Josh.

This is very exciting.  He could be the next Moulds.

I don't think Moulds is the right comparison. He was 6'2, listed at various times as 210 - 225 back when that was really unusually big. Foster's the same height but not such a bruiser, and these days 6' 2" isn't all that unusual.

And Moulds ran a 4.5 40. They were different types.

Like the rest of the post about Foster, though. Interesting to hear what Tasker said. Thanks.

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I am more confident in Allen than I am Edmunds. 

I'm on the other side of that.

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Still based off potential Edmund's gets re drafted in the top 20.  Late in the year he showed his ability to be elite vs pass.  At the POA in the run that will come with experience and growth.  He still is not physically mature yet. Once he plays consistently with leverage and power look out.  

The draft he posits here isn't based off potential. It's based off what they did last year and positions of need.

With his mock draft rules, I think Edmunds doesn't make the first, though I think he's going to be a really good one. In the real world, I like the Edmunds pick a lot for the Bills.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Edmunds struggled last season.

I still have no idea why people have praised his play so much.

Yeah, 80 solo tackles, 2 INT, 2 FF in 15 games as a rookie sucks.  You still don't get it.  In a year everyone knew the Bills wouldn't contend they got the chance to mold a 19-year-old kid with stupendous talent and give him a year of experience in their defense.  Was he an instant All-Pro?  No, but I guess that's your measuring stick for a rookie 1st rounder.

Edmunds not being on this list given both the way he played and his potential is a little ridiculous -- even with the growing pains.

• Like (+1) 3