Hogan will be gone?

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

?

Haha, I respect you not giving into your terrible take my friend.  If only Hogan could have had D’Rick Rogers’ natural talent.  

Hogan made a great career for himself.  Respect.  He played lacrosse in college too.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

The Hogan aspect of this is the least important takeaway. Brady’s arm is declining? Hmmmm....... Do say...... 

Can someone please bump the Pats are done mid season thread again???

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, I respect you not giving into your terrible take my friend.  If only Hogan could have had D’Rick Rogers’ natural talent.  

Honestly in a lot of ways I feel emboldened by that at the moment. Hogan has been the product of opportunity. He’s just like any other bottom of the roster scrub. He has averaged 2.2 catches per game in his career and less than 30 yards. I firmly believe, given the same opportunity, Rogers would have had a better career.

I don’t really want to head down that road again but I will take talent 100% of the time. You can throw a rock and find a Chris Hogan. Robert Foster is WAY better and he was an undrafted rookie. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Honestly in a lot of ways I feel emboldened by that at the moment. Hogan has been the product of opportunity. He’s just like any other bottom of the roster scrub. He has averaged 2.2 catches per game in his career and less than 30 yards. I firmly believe, given the same opportunity, Rogers would have had a better career.

I don’t really want to head down that road again but I will take talent 100% of the time. You can throw a rock and find a Chris Hogan. Robert Foster is WAY better and he was an undrafted rookie. 

This is the most wrong you have ever been here but I still respect your wrongness. ?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Thats where BB differs from a lot of coaches. He wants football iq over raw talent. He wants smart guys that can do multiple things. Thats what allows him to switch things up on the fly.

Look at the roster. I would bet talent wise it probably isnt top 10

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is the most wrong you have ever been here but I still respect your wrongness. ?

Is it though? The guy catches 35 balls a year. He’s firmly an NFL player at this point but he’s no different than a lot of guys (like Foster) that almost never got an opportunity. He was given an opportunity and end up being a functioning back of the depth chart WR. He’s the Trevor Siemian of wide receivers.

32 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Thats where BB differs from a lot of coaches. He wants football iq over raw talent. He wants smart guys that can do multiple things. Thats what allows him to switch things up on the fly.

Look at the roster. I would bet talent wise it probably isnt top 10

At the same time, Hogan produced the same in Buffalo as he did in New England. He is a smart guy and a good blocker. He gets no separation (at all) and is just okay because of it. He had 6 targets and as many catches as me on Sunday. He just isn’t any good. He’s Andre Holmes without the ST ability.

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it though? The guy catches 35 balls a year. He’s firmly an NFL player at this point but he’s no different than a lot of guys (like Foster) that almost never got an opportunity. He was given an opportunity and end up being a functioning back of the depth chart WR. He’s the Trevor Siemian of wide receivers.

At the same time, Hogan produced the same in Buffalo as he did in New England. He is a smart guy and a good blocker. He gets no separation (at all) and is just okay because of it. He had 6 targets and as many catches as me on Sunday. He just isn’t any good. He’s Andre Holmes without the ST ability.

He started on multiple SB teams. Come Kirby.  You’re wrong brother.  Like frozen, let it go! ☃️

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He started on multiple SB teams. Come Kirby.  You’re wrong brother.  Like frozen, let it go! ☃️

That does nothing for me. My buddy started on multiple Super Bowl teams and he sits in a cubicle now. He’s not good. Hogan’s heroes will take him to the grave. The reality is he an absolute JAG that catches 2 balls a game. He’s a product of opportunity (and intelligence). A lot of guys could have produced his career with his opportunity. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Augie said:

The Hogan aspect of this is the least important takeaway. Brady’s arm is declining? Hmmmm....... Do say...... 

Romo said the same during the SB. Aside from floating occasional jump balls outside to gronk I certainly can’t poont to a lot of eveidence to the contrary  

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That does nothing for me. My buddy started on multiple Super Bowl teams and he sits in a cubicle now. He’s not good. Hogan’s heroes will take him to the grave. The reality is he an absolute JAG that catches 2 balls a game. He’s a product of opportunity (and intelligence). A lot of guys could have produced his career with his opportunity. 

Only 2,500 more yards and 16 tds and D’Rick will be there!

personally, I’d struggle to bash a guy who started for the best team in nfl history for multiple seasons when I wanted him cut for a guy who had 3 career nfl catches.  You know you’re one of my favorite posters but this is kinda petty.  Hogan isn’t a star but he’s a better career than the vast majority of more talented receivers.  I’d love to have his resume. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Romo said the same during the SB. Aside from floating occasional jump balls outside to gronk I certainly can’t poont to a lot of eveidence to the contrary  

I saw a few Peterman-esque type throws during the year, but wasn’t sure how much I was hoping and praying it was the beginning of the end. The mind does funny things....

But the arm does NOT last forever. I remember when Kelly lost it, and it was not pretty there for a while. I can’t wait for it to be obvious for Tommy, and hope it’s early in a season so I can watch the rest of the year. ? 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I saw a few Peterman-esque type throws during the year, but wasn’t sure how much I was hoping and praying it was the beginning of the end. The mind does funny things....

But the arm does NOT last forever. I remember when Kelly lost it, and it was not pretty there for a while. I can’t wait for it to be obvious for Tommy, and hope it’s early in a season so I can watch the rest of the year. ? 

Yeah, I know he gets type cast, but Hogan is a pretty good vertical threat.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Only 2,500 more yards and 16 tds and D’Rick will be there!

personally, I’d struggle to bash a guy who started for the best team in nfl history for multiple seasons when I wanted him cut for a guy who had 3 career nfl catches.  You know you’re one of my favorite posters but this is kinda petty.  Hogan isn’t a star but he’s a better career than the vast majority of more talented receivers.  I’d love to have his resume. 

I’d rather have his bank account!!!

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

True, but Brady has never had a serious arm injury. Kelly did - he ruptured the bursa sac in the elbow of his throwing arm 2/3 of the way through the 1992 season, and he was never the same afterward. 

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d rather have his bank account!!!

I don't think Hogan will need to demean himself by "sitting in a cubicle" like some of us other poor saps!!

Actually.. what am I saying.. I would love to sit in a cubicle... I have to hot desk in an open plan these days..

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

True, but Brady has never had a serious arm injury. Kelly did - he ruptured the bursa sac in the elbow of his throwing arm 2/3 of the way through the 1992 season, and he was never the same afterward. 

I have no idea when Brady will start to visibly decline, but I know things fall apart more in your 40’s than they do in your 20’s or 30’s. I learned that the hard way! I also know he’ll get by longer than most because he’s just so smart out there.