The future of the AFC is KC, Cleveland... and Buffalo!

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

I love this board. Its like taking a stroll through a real life Candy Land. All gum drops and lollipops.

Most teams have ceilings and floors going into a season.  And most fans tend to focus on the ceiling.  It’s not unrealistic given the money they have to spend, the draft picks they have, and the fact that it looks like they finally have a franchise QB after 2 decades, to think the Bills might be able to compete for the division.

It always cracks me up that you think we should just be wallowing in misery, without hope and doing nothing but praising the mighty Pats.  This is a Bills board - most here are excited for the season to begin.

Crazy, right?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chris66 said:

I love this board. Its like taking a stroll through a real life Candy Land. All gum drops and lollipops.

You need to update your avatar

Gumdrops have their place when it's gumdrop season. And it's about to be gumdrop season around here.

5 hours ago, Rico said:

KC has a chump for a HC though, a dynasty with Andy Reid is not happening.

Dan Marino also set records in his 2nd year. He ended up being a HOF’er who never got the job done in the post-season. Time will tell if Mahomes is even as good as he was.

Reid isn't a chump, he just hasn't been able to get over Belichick when it matters. 

Until he does. 

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Augie - you always bring up a good point on Haslam.  Unless he does a 180 and let the football people make the decisions, and give coaching and Mgmt at least three years to improve.  He hasn’t shown to do that, but maybe he’s learned his lesson and they do have a lot of talent.

i’m very Pleased with the OP, who is positive about this team.  I only disagree it will be probably at least 2 years before the Pats start going down.  Brady probably by 43 should feel it enough plus pressure from his wife to retire.  By then Belicheck will be 68 and at some point will want to get to his next step in life.  Unless they find another Garropolo which is not easy, they will go down.

i agree about the future tough teams in the playoffs.  It is tough to predict, but I believe the Pegulas learned their lesson with Rex, and have made very good decisions since that time.

Thanks again for the optimistic attitude.  I hope you’re right.

....realistically though bud, can Haslam afford NOT to do so?.....Dorsey is a pretty astute football guy who landed in Rebate Jimmy's lap....he should stay the hell out of Dorsey's way unless he wants to lose him...and then what?.....

2 hours ago, Success said:

Most teams have ceilings and floors going into a season.  And most fans tend to focus on the ceiling.  It’s not unrealistic given the money they have to spend, the draft picks they have, and the fact that it looks like they finally have a franchise QB after 2 decades, to think the Bills might be able to compete for the division.

It always cracks me up that you think we should just be wallowing in misery, without hope and doing nothing but praising the mighty Pats.  This is a Bills board - most here are excited for the season to begin.

Crazy, right?

With that coaching staff. Very crazy. Im sorry but overall mcdermott sucks.

50 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

With that coaching staff. Very crazy. Im sorry but overall mcdermott sucks.

He’s alright - he’s had good games and bad games.  Your opinion on it is meaningless.

Regardless, it’s not pure fantasy to think the Bills could contend. 

Just now, Success said:

He’s alright - he’s had good games and bad games.  Your opinion on it is meaningless.

Regardless, it’s not pure fantasy to think the Bills could contend. 

No definitely not. Get the right pieces. Allen takes a step. Bills should be in the hunt for a wildcard.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

You need to update your avatar

Gumdrops have their place when it's gumdrop season. And it's about to be gumdrop season around here.

Reid isn't a chump, he just hasn't been able to get over Belichick when it matters. 

Until he does. 

Couldn’t get over Mike Tomlin, Chuck Pagano, or Meathead Mularkey either. 

This is so far from the truth lol. Bills still have one of the worst offenses in football. No true #1 or #2 WR, No RB, No TE, 1 quality starting offensive lineman, and a lessen McCoy that’s seen better days. 

Robert Foster has shown promise but has yet to play a full season. Could fall flat on his face in year 2. Zay Jones is just mehhh. We passed on juju. 

0 chance this team makes playoffs next year. 

Im expecting them to draft defense and ruin Allen at this point. Bills made playoffs 1 time in twenty years. They have no idea what they’re doing

i will change my mind if rounds 1-4 are all offensive selections to help Allen. Otherwise this regime is as clueless as the last.