Luka Doncic

NewEra

Just thought I’d see if there were any Big nba fans out there that have comprehended how good this kid is.  Zion Williamson is the future talk of the nba but I believe it’ll be Doncic taking home the titles and MVPs.  He’s really that good.  He’s a generational player when it’s said and done

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just thought I’d see if there were any Big nba fans out there that have comprehended how good this kid is.  Zion Williamson is the future talk of the nba but I believe it’ll be Doncic taking home the titles and MVPs.  He’s really that good.  He’s a generational player when it’s said and done

He is that good.  I agree.  Pair him with the Unicorn and you have a really, really good team. 

He made a lights out shot against the Blazers this year to send a game to OT:

The Blazers led by as many as 10 points in the fourth quarter but went cold down the stretch, allowing the Mavericks to climb back in and tie the game with a ridiculous corner three-pointer from rookie Luka Doncic as time expired to force overtime.

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Mavs should be tanking this season to the best PG in the draft to pair with them.  Ja Morant.

Mavs traded away their 1st rounder next year to attain Luka.  

Luka is already the man.    It’s a shame Harrison Barnes, Wes Matthews, or any of the other Mavericks can’t make a play.   

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

He made a lights out shot against the Blazers this year to send a game to OT:

The Blazers led by as many as 10 points in the fourth quarter but went cold down the stretch, allowing the Mavericks to climb back in and tie the game with a ridiculous corner three-pointer from rookie Luka Doncic as time expired to force overtime.

I was at that game.  My wife’s family is from Portland and we went up there for Christmas.  Fun stadium.  

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Mavs should be tanking this season to the best PG in the draft to pair with them.  Ja Morant.

Mavs need to end up with a top 5 or they ship their pick to Atlanta for tradin up for Doncic last year.  Not much of a chance of getting into the top 5 unless lottery balls fall in their place. 

I dont think Morant is a good fit for Doncic at all.  They need a guy that can play d and hit 3s at pg.  Doncic is going to be playing the james harden role going forward.  Morant needs the ball and is limited from 3 imo.  He plays vs terrible competition which makes his J look better than it is.  They need to load up on 3 point shooters that play D.  That’s the nba today.  Doncic and KP are the foundation of the offense while kicking out for 3 when the defense forces you to. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Luka is already the man.    It’s a shame Harrison Barnes, Wes Matthews, or any of the other Mavericks can’t make a play.   

Matthews is gone:

The New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks trade for Kristaps Porzingis last week has the potential to go down as one of the most complex and far-reaching deals in recent NBA history.

The trade saw the Mavericks acquire the 23-year-old Porzingis, along with Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, and Trey Burke in exchange for Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, and two future first-round picks.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Barnes is a great fit with him.  He’s played fine this year.  Hitting 40% from 3 now that he has an actual playmaker in dallas.  He plays d and can switch and play d on 1-5 against many teams.  That’s what Doncic needs.  Defense and 3s

doncics ability to get to the hoop at will is just unbelievable, especially for a 19 year old.  Surround him with bombers

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Barnes is a great fit with him.  He’s played fine this year.  Hitting 40% from 3 now that he has an actual playmaker in dallas.  He plays d and can switch and play d on 1-5 against many teams.  That’s what Doncic needs.  Defense and 3s

doncics ability to get to the hoop at will is just unbelievable, especially for a 19 year old.  Surround him with bombers

I try to root for Barnes but he misses some wide open looks once that 4th quarter is around.  

42 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I try to root for Barnes but he misses some wide open looks once that 4th quarter is around.  

And there’s time he’s the only one that can hit a shot in the 4th, like this past Saturday vs Cleveland.  He’s way overpaid and at best a 3rd option but his iso game is among the best in the league.  He can really do it all.  Just has issues finishing through contact at the rim and can sometimes “Josh Allen” shots that require touch

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

It's a protected 1st though.  That's why they should be tanking.  It's the last time they have potential to get a high pick for a while IMO.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I was at that game.  My wife’s family is from Portland and we went up there for Christmas.  Fun stadium.  

Mavs need to end up with a top 5 or they ship their pick to Atlanta for tradin up for Doncic last year.  Not much of a chance of getting into the top 5 unless lottery balls fall in their place. 

I dont think Morant is a good fit for Doncic at all.  They need a guy that can play d and hit 3s at pg.  Doncic is going to be playing the james harden role going forward.  Morant needs the ball and is limited from 3 imo.  He plays vs terrible competition which makes his J look better than it is.  They need to load up on 3 point shooters that play D.  That’s the nba today.  Doncic and KP are the foundation of the offense while kicking out for 3 when the defense forces you to. 

I disagree.  I think a play making PG with good passing skills and excellent play making / driving skills would be a great fit to open up things for both Doncic and Porzingis. 

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

It's a protected 1st though.  That's why they should be tanking.  It's the last time they have potential to get a high pick for a while IMO.

I disagree.  I think a play making PG with good passing skills and excellent play making / driving skills would be a great fit to open up things for both Doncic and Porzingis. 

But it too late.  Look at the standings

4 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Atlanta has to be kicking themselves for trading Luka for Trey Burke, I thought it was a terrible decision to trade him at the draft

Trae Young. The Hawks are actually playing pretty well the latter half of the season, but that may go down as a passing on Michael Jordan kind of move.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Trae Young. The Hawks are actually playing pretty well the latter half of the season, but that may go down as a passing on Michael Jordan kind of move.

Trae Young is playing really well too though.  He has won rookie of the month twice.

I like Luca but comparing that to passing on Jordan is a stretch.  Maybe compare it to trading Tractor Traylor for Dirk?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Teddy KGB said:

On 2/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, NewEra said:

Barnes now gone in addition to Matthews:

DALLAS -- Harrison Barnes watched the fourth quarter of the Dallas Mavericks' 99-93 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday from the bench after learning that he was being traded to the Sacramento Kings.

EDITOR'S PICKS

The Kings sent second-year forward Justin Jackson and veteran forward/center Zach Randolph to the Mavs for Barnes.

The official announcement of the trade came after the game, but news of the agreement broke early in the fourth quarter of the Mavs' win. Barnes, who scored 10 points through the third quarter, chose to remain on the bench and support his soon-to-be-former teammates.