Anyone get a stadium focused group invite.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Worst case scenario, Buffalo Bills:  The new stadium has been built and is in use downtown, you’re sitting in a lawn chair in Hammer’s Lot...

I'm content with my La-Z-Boy seat in Toronto...

the NFL doesn't have the corrupt legacy funding and endowment system of the NCAA, they can't play with sometimes billions of dollars with zero accountability because "think of the children's future"

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

We may be on different wavelengths here, which is fine....

A seating license would force you to pony up $2,000 (for life) and then you buy your $730 season ticket on top of that.

I haven't bothered with the Bills system since giving up my lower tier seats around 2007...

For college powerhouses they insist on "gifts" to the school annually in order to hold your good seats next year

at a Buckeyes game I was in the EZ and the man next to me said he started row 10 at the 50 around 1968 and they forced him into the endzone by 2005 because he couldn't get giving several thousands every single year to hold his seat moving towards the EZ gradually

that will probably happen in the pros someday...

Michigan put in place their "loyalty points" blackmail seating program right as RichRod started his epic failure of a regime, it was to laugh

Yeah the question on the survey, was $2,000 a YEAR for lower bowl corner endzone seats. There is going to be a significant different type of people in the stadium, if that's what they want to charge. To be fair, they then kept going down $250 with each subsequent question, until I said "Maybe." I was in the "Maybe" world when they were at $1250.

35 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Yeah the question on the survey, was $2,000 a YEAR for lower bowl corner endzone seats. There is going to be a significant different type of people in the stadium, if that's what they want to charge. To be fair, they then kept going down $250 with each subsequent question, until I said "Maybe." I was in the "Maybe" world when they were at $1250.

thanks, noted....

with talk of PSL's that would probably mean $10,000 for rights to buy seasons in the upper tier...

hard to keep up sometimes...

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..can see where PSL's will be a major issue........median household incomes for Buffalo and Rochester are around $31,500/yr....US average is $53,480.....so $5K for two seats is 16% of median WNY income or roughly 9% of US average.....how many households could afford the extra tariff to keep season tix base in the 45,000-50,000+ range?......OR....how many could afford to forfeit those extra dollars as outlined below?......

"This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1]However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue. "

There may be some discrepancy between your numbers and the facts. According to dataUSA, the median household income in Erie County NY stands at $54,246.PSL target market will be those at and well above that figure.  Your figure of $31,500 seems off the mark and quite low. 

19 hours ago, dubs said:

I’m very torn on this idea. 

On one hand I can’t in good conscience support anything that the taxpayer is responsible for. its bad enough we have Gov Moonbat creating huge budget deficits and pushing for free healthcare, college, and a slew of other ego initiatives that will destroy NY State. Supporting any new stadium that’s funded with any taxpayer dollars would be hypocritical. 

On the other hand I’d love the experience and would love the team to stay for as long as possible. 

So nothing that the taxpayer is responsible for is worthwhile ? 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, CBend said:

Vikings.jpg

New Vikings stadium had PSLs as low as $500 based on where in the stadium they were located. I imagine it would be a similar structure. 

This seems a logical presumption. As fans, we have too look at what is being done currently around the league. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

This seems a logical presumption. As fans, we have too look at what is being done currently around the league. 

...PSL's have to be based on the economy of scale in WNY......here is an article from 2015 about PSL's at Niners' Levi Stadium.............

SANTA CLARA (CBS SF) – 49er fans are angry. With Frank Gore, Patrick Willis and Jim Harbaugh (among others) gone, many of the “Niner Faithful” are venting frustrations on Twitter or posting their concerns on Facebook and YouTube.

Season ticket holders have begun putting their personal seat licenses – the price you have to pay for the right to buy season tickets – on sale on the secondary market, and many of the listings are actually below the original price paid before the 2014 season.

The 49ers call their PSLs “stadium builders’ licenses” for the role they played in financing Levi’s Stadium. Originally, they listed between $2,000 and $80,000, depending on the quality of the seat. Coming off of three deep playoff runs by the 49ers, the SBL’s sold out nearly two months before the 2014 season started. As of Thursday morning, 1,037 offers for 2,565 seats could be found on sale via the SBL Marketplace, the 49ers-sanctioned secondary market for their seats.  As of now, the cheapest seat – a single – is available for $1,250. The cheapest pair, in the upper deck, could be had for $1,413 per seat, more than $500 off the original price for each.  In all, there were 36 offers for seats cheaper than anything you could buy last year.

At the higher end, SBL’s near the sideline could be purchased for $9,000 in section 111, $3,000-per seat off the 49ers list price. In the ultra-pricey club section, where SBL’s cost between $20,000 and $80,000, seats in the “Red Traditional Club” section 238 could be found for $20,000 per seat, $10,000 less than a year ago, based on the stadium pricing map.

....OR....how about the Rams' new digs?......

LA Times-By Nathan Fenno and Sam Farmer

Aug 31, 2017

The $2.6-billion stadium Rams owner Stan Kroenke is building in Inglewood will be the world's costliest venue with a ticket pricing plan that would offer the most expensive seats in NFL history.

According to a document obtained by The Times, the highest priced personal seat licenses for Rams games could range from $175,000 to $225,000 per seat. It would far eclipse the $150,000 PSLs offered by the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

21 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

There may be some discrepancy between your numbers and the facts. According to dataUSA, the median household income in Erie County NY stands at $54,246.PSL target market will be those at and well above that figure.  Your figure of $31,500 seems off the mark and quite low. 

So nothing that the taxpayer is responsible for is worthwhile ? 

Sorry, let me clarify. I mean nothing related to building a new stadium.  I don’t think that’s really an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars. Especially in this state and this environment. 

I could possibly get behind tax breaks (ie forgoing future tax collections for a period of time). But subsidies seem like a non starter (actual deployment of tax receipts). 

Edited by dubs

20 minutes ago, boater said:

PSLs.. forget about it.

I've have three more kids to push through college (I tried to talk them out of it). Just the textbooks for one year are the price of the PSL.

life's phases make going to games basically impossible for a stretch, you can come back when the coast is more clear.

wait a minute, where are your priorities, what kind of a fan are you!!!???