Anyone get a stadium focused group invite.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

So fellas like Mead ,who is a season ticket holder and a NYS taxpayer doesn't get a invite, but people that are not season ticket holders do???????

Talk about back-assed.

They want a good mix of input, obviously.

Is that not reasonable?

I'm sure they're also trying to control attendance as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Are you talking about the 3 billion dollars Plus Mario and Andy owe the Workers Comp Fund??? I guess there will be more than one meeting of the Fans Stadium Focus group. I think Bills season ticket invoices we be sent out within a week.

Talking about the huge sum promised in the future such as state pensions. Promises made to get votes but where will that come from? Not sure if the state will be in shape to help with a new stadium that isn’t down state where the votes are!

On 2/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, Guffalo said:

No invite here, but I said no to any suggestions for PSL or new stadium suggestions. I suspect they will hand pick a group that supported PSL and new stadium initiatives, then claim that they worked with the community and this is what "the community" is begging for. Politically, it is a shrewd move. They will be able to say with a straight face that they listened to the fans, the fans want it, but the taxpayers are opposed, they have no choice but to Move, sell, or both.

If the consultant stacks the deck in this way, they are being very short sighted and actually doing a huge disservice to the Pegulas.  Imposing big increases on the fans needs to be SUSTAINABLE in order to succeed.  If you pull a fast one and overprice the market, it will be a lose-lose scenario for all.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, wagon127 said:

I guess I should have answered yes to the question about paying $2,000 for corner end zone seats. Maybe then I would have gotten an invite.

that's all?

oh happy day!!

..can see where PSL's will be a major issue........median household incomes for Buffalo and Rochester are around $31,500/yr....US average is $53,480.....so $5K for two seats is 16% of median WNY income or roughly 9% of US average.....how many households could afford the extra tariff to keep season tix base in the 45,000-50,000+ range?......OR....how many could afford to forfeit those extra dollars as outlined below?......

"This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1]However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue. "

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..can see where PSL's will be a major issue........median household incomes for Buffalo and Rochester are around $31,500/yr....US average is $53,480.....so $5K for two seats is 16% of median WNY income or roughly 9% of US average.....how many households could afford the extra tariff to keep season tix base in the 45,000-50,000+ range?......OR....how many could afford to forfeit those extra dollars as outlined below?......

"This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1]However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue. "

PSLs for non-luxury seats is an abomination in a small-market city like Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The PSLs will be with the best locations and amenities. There will be many, many more tiers in the future (they already started on that). The Bills will know what the market can support. It’s going to be a public/private partnership like they all are. The Bills are just doing their due dilligence on the private part.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

exactly...but I doubt the masses understand that a new stadium with a partial Pegula investment as well as financing equates to debt service which ticket sales alone would never come close to covering...hence PSL's become a reality......Pegula paid $.4 bil cash for the club.....think about the lost opportunity ROI if he invested that money elsewhere....I'd bet franchise value appreciation significantly lags....without boring people to death, a new stadium is a far more complex undertaking than people think.....

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The PSLs will be with the best locations and amenities. There will be many, many more tiers in the future (they already started on that). The Bills will know what the market can support. It’s going to be a public/private partnership like they all are. The Bills are just doing their due dilligence on the private part.

the Leafs/Raptors sought a big one on upper tier seating, their little survey on how people would react caused them to drop that idea...

• Like (+1) 1

I’m very torn on this idea. 

On one hand I can’t in good conscience support anything that the taxpayer is responsible for. its bad enough we have Gov Moonbat creating huge budget deficits and pushing for free healthcare, college, and a slew of other ego initiatives that will destroy NY State. Supporting any new stadium that’s funded with any taxpayer dollars would be hypocritical. 

On the other hand I’d love the experience and would love the team to stay for as long as possible. 

On 2/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, Guffalo said:

No invite here, but I said no to any suggestions for PSL or new stadium suggestions. I suspect they will hand pick a group that supported PSL and new stadium initiatives, then claim that they worked with the community and this is what "the community" is begging for. Politically, it is a shrewd move. They will be able to say with a straight face that they listened to the fans, the fans want it, but the taxpayers are opposed, they have no choice but to Move, sell, or both.

Or there was a limited amount of invites. So many people this emotional over something so mundane...

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

exactly...but I doubt the masses understand that a new stadium with a partial Pegula investment as well as financing equates to debt service which ticket sales alone would never come close to covering...hence PSL's become a reality......Pegula paid $.4 bil cash for the club.....think about the lost opportunity ROI if he invested that money elsewhere....I'd bet franchise value appreciation significantly lags....without boring people to death, a new stadium is a far more complex undertaking than people think.....

You can't have it both ways. You can't demand no tax money be used toward a stadium and then say no to PSL's which is essentially a user fee. In the end it will be a little bit of everything.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Right now it is $730. To go from $730 to $2000 by the year 2023 would be tough for me. Im assuming that would be the target date for a renovation or rebuild. 

We may be on different wavelengths here, which is fine....

A seating license would force you to pony up $2,000 (for life) and then you buy your $730 season ticket on top of that.

I haven't bothered with the Bills system since giving up my lower tier seats around 2007...

For college powerhouses they insist on "gifts" to the school annually in order to hold your good seats next year

at a Buckeyes game I was in the EZ and the man next to me said he started row 10 at the 50 around 1968 and they forced him into the endzone by 2005 because he couldn't get giving several thousands every single year to hold his seat moving towards the EZ gradually

that will probably happen in the pros someday...

Michigan put in place their "loyalty points" blackmail seating program right as RichRod started his epic failure of a regime, it was to laugh

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

at a Buckeyes game I was in the EZ and the man next to me said he started row 10 at the 50 around 1968 and they forced him into the endzone by 2005 because he couldn't get giving several thousands every single year to hold his seat moving towards the EZ gradually

that will probably happen in the pros someday...

Worst case scenario, Buffalo Bills:  The new stadium has been built and is in use downtown, you’re sitting in a lawn chair in Hammer’s Lot...