WAY too much Patriot* love around here (my analogy)

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I did have a disturbing dream last night involving Tom Brady and Bill Belichick dancing around poles in the BadaBing wearing nothing but thongs. I'd completely forgotten about it until reading this post. I tried to slip a dollar into Brady's pouch but one of the bouncers, who turned out to be Teddy Bruschi, grabbed my arm and said, "it costs a LOT more than that to buy Tom." And then I looked up and saw he was walking towards the VIP booth with Roger Goodell.

I Googled this to see what it means and apparently I'm worried about failing an exam. Weird, I left college twenty years ago. 

...you need some Melatonin and Bourbon quick bro......Brady & Belichick pole dancing?.....maybe call Dr Ruth..........

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Not me either.  But you can hate them and still acknowledge the greatness of their coach and QB.

It's also part envy.  If their jerseys said Buffalo I'd be the happiest man ever.  You can absolutely hate someone and respect them.  I also went to Michigan so my Brady RESPECT has a different layer.  Love the Wolverine in him but hate the Patriot.  

2 hours ago, Mark92 said:

It's also part envy.  If their jerseys said Buffalo I'd be the happiest man ever.  You can absolutely hate someone and respect them.  I also went to Michigan so my Brady RESPECT has a different layer.  Love the Wolverine in him but hate the Patriot.  

Absolutely

13 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It is really annoying how many posts there have been here this year from the closet Patriot* fans on this board expressing their love for that organization and its players.

There used to be a strip club in Atlanta that had female strippers on one side of the room and male strippers on the other.  Men were not allowed to sit on the side with male strippers, but the bouncers had to constantly remove the men that would sit on the side with the female strippers to pretend they were interested in them, but they would really be watching the male strippers across the room.  They could have easily just gone to the  gay strip club down the road, where they were free to ogle the male strippers all they wanted, but for some reason they chose to pretend to be interested in women and secretly admired the men.

That is what this place is becoming. A bunch of closet Patriot* fans, still pretending to like the Bills but constantly peeking across the room at the Patriots* instead of just going to a Patriot* fan site and admitting they wish they were there instead. Time to admit who you are and stop blocking my view of the Bills on center stage. This is a BILLS fan site. Take your Patriot* love to that other site where you will be accepted for who you are.

Which pole were you riding?    ?

I respect the achievements, but I’d rather express my thoughts after the collapse. That can’t come soon enough! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Yeh...anyone who sticks up for the *pats is an automatic dbag...and no, im not kidding. They will be known as cheaters to anyone who is not a fan.  So they can win 30 SBowls and it is pretty much irrelevant to the majority of informed fans. 

The sour grapes is strong with this one.

20 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Buddy, 

Really? this wasn't bowing up to the OP in any way shape or form? Questioning his IQ and/or sexual preferences is A-OK?

"I tend to get defensive when insecure people tell me how to think/act, especially when said people seem less than intelligent.

You’re issue is with fans being objective, but you can’t seem to reconcile that you belief that a fan should be a one dimensional lemming. If you are that confident in the Bills we can wager on who wins the AFC East next year.

Lastly, I find it more than coincidental that you couldn’t find a club in ATL that only has women dancing..."

In the immortal words of James Conway (DeNiro)...you insulted him a little bit ?.

TS compares objective fans with closeted homosexuals and goes on to command how posters should act, he deserved to have his sexuality and intelligence questioned, it was a natural progression. While I did insult him, deservedly, I don’t think I was acting tough, more reciprocating the disrespect TS showed. 

16 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

TS compares objective fans with closeted homosexuals and goes on to command how posters should act, he deserved to have his sexuality and intelligence questioned, it was a natural progression. While I did insult him, deservedly, I don’t think I was acting tough, more reciprocating the disrespect TS showed. 

I did not insult anyone. I made an analogy calling out wanna be patriot* fans. If anyone took offense to that, maybe it is because the comparison hit too close to home.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

For me it comes down to the fact that the Patriots have inflicted a ton of misery on we the fans of the Buffalo Bills over the last 15+ years.  When I see the Patriots make it to another Super Bowl I think to myself; "why should LA Rams fans not have to share in our misery"?  I'm not rooting for the Pats but misery does love company.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, oldmanfan said:

Faux dynasty?  Please.

I sat in the Rockpile for the first ever home game in 1960 when I was a little kid.  I was there for the AFL championships and the Hit Heard Round the World.  I agonized through the 70's when we lost to the Fish the entire decade.  I put up with the stench of the early 80's and celebrated (And cried) during the Super Bowl run.  And I've had to watch and suffer through the 2000's, and the terrible decision making by the organization coupled with the rise and dominance of the Pats.

I say this all to give some perspective, when I say that I have no love for the Patriots.  While the Fish will always be my most hate rival, the Pats are right behind them.  I can't stand that they have dominated for so long, and I hate the smugness of Brady and the aloofness of Belichick.

But having said that, they are the best coach and QB of all time.  You can be a huge Bills fan, you can hate the Patriots, and still acknowledge the obvious; that they are the best that have ever done their jobs in the history of the league, and that they deserve whatever kudos come their way.  For me it's like the Yankees of my youth, couldn't stand them, but had to acknowledge they were the best.

To not acknowledge the greatness of Brady and Belichick is simply rooted in envy.

Pats Yankees.....??

They are both cheaters.

Pats in a literal sense. I can never respect a cheater. Ever.

Yankees. Cheating the system. They have always had way more money to spend and would, and still, get all the talent they want. Never having to make any decision on keeping or dumping players due to money other teams must do.. Have been doing this since the beginning of time and predictably have had the best teams vast majority of years. Back in the true Yankee dynasty days many teams owners only had the team as their income and livelihood so they could not spend at a deficit to try and keep up. Grifffih of Twins was last owner with this problem.

Since the advent of the luxury tax the Yankee dynasty has taken a hit, but not too bad as they just pay the luxury tax if they feel like it and no big deal. When you are the richest team with unlimited cash and you build a dynasty on that fact, that is unfair advantage and has ruined MLB as they have driven up FA salaries and ticket prices.  They have made all the small market teams MLB.2 with an occasional WS nugget found by teams like Royals or Rays every now and then but very little chance to compete over the long haul.

Edited by cba fan

On 2/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, Mark92 said:

I would never be happy if Bills shared Pats history of cheating and all the drama that has come with it. Never.

I would be looking forward to when those involved retired or moved on and the new guys could go to work removing the stench of that era and restoring Bills integrity. Like Bills fans have done for many groups of FO/coaching administrations, with minus the cheating of course.

Edited by cba fan