WAY too much Patriot* love around here (my analogy)

3 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

OK, I've been perusing this great website for about a dozen years now, but never created an account, until now.  Born in raised in Buffalo, live overseas now, but still watch every game online with my son.    I'm 48 and lived through the horrible early/mid '80s, then all the great 90s Super Bowl years.  It seems to me a lot of people on this site are a good bit younge than me; some in their early 20s?  It's crazy that this age group has NO concept of the time when the Patriots sucked.  They did make it into a superbowl once in the 80s but got KILLED by the big bad Bears.  But Mostly they sucked.  For about 10 years during out run of glory in late 80s/90s we beat them all the time.  They were an easy win and we were the mighty Buffalo Bills.  We were feared.   Watch a replay of the Bills 1990 AFC championship game against the Raiders. 

Well said and thanks for officially joining! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

Nothing I said should be misconstrued as attempting to seem tough by anyone with a moderate grasp of the English language and average comprehension ability.

Buddy, 

Really? this wasn't bowing up to the OP in any way shape or form? Questioning his IQ and/or sexual preferences is A-OK?

"I tend to get defensive when insecure people tell me how to think/act, especially when said people seem less than intelligent.

You’re issue is with fans being objective, but you can’t seem to reconcile that you belief that a fan should be a one dimensional lemming. If you are that confident in the Bills we can wager on who wins the AFC East next year.

Lastly, I find it more than coincidental that you couldn’t find a club in ATL that only has women dancing..."

In the immortal words of James Conway (DeNiro)...you insulted him a little bit ?.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Seriously...it’s a game, seasons over.  I’m gonna suggest some hobbies to help deflect and release some of this self inflicted pain and misery.  It’s Tuesday, I already could care less about the Super Bowl, the Pats, whose talking about what...it’s over.  Pats won, who really cares anymore.  

Bring on FA, the combine, and the draft.

GO BILLS.  

On this, we agree! Go Bills!

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Faux dynasty?  Please.

I sat in the Rockpile for the first ever home game in 1960 when I was a little kid.  I was there for the AFL championships and the Hit Heard Round the World.  I agonized through the 70's when we lost to the Fish the entire decade.  I put up with the stench of the early 80's and celebrated (And cried) during the Super Bowl run.  And I've had to watch and suffer through the 2000's, and the terrible decision making by the organization coupled with the rise and dominance of the Pats.

I say this all to give some perspective, when I say that I have no love for the Patriots.  While the Fish will always be my most hate rival, the Pats are right behind them.  I can't stand that they have dominated for so long, and I hate the smugness of Brady and the aloofness of Belichick.

But having said that, they are the best coach and QB of all time.  You can be a huge Bills fan, you can hate the Patriots, and still acknowledge the obvious; that they are the best that have ever done their jobs in the history of the league, and that they deserve whatever kudos come their way.  For me it's like the Yankees of my youth, couldn't stand them, but had to acknowledge they were the best.

To not acknowledge the greatness of Brady and Belichick is simply rooted in envy.

Right on oldmanfan, great post but you will get hate from the "new" NFL fans!

There was a BIG argument in my family because I rooted FOR the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  Beyond thinking that we Bills fans spend way to much time & energy hating on a team that we don't follow here's my reasoning for rooting for the pats on Sunday:

*  I admire excellence.  And the Pats are a great football team with a great coach & great QB.  Yea it hurts to say that at some level but it is what it is.

*  I don't root for CARPETBAGGERS.  I won't root for a team that screwed over it's community and fans to chase LA gold.  It wasn't so long ago that we were facing this same calamity as evil folks were trying to move the Bills to LA or God forbid TORONTO!   So I don't "hate" the pats.  The only team I truly hate and will NEVER root for are the Baltimore Ravens.  And the reason - this is the ultimate low life trashy carpetbag franchise on Earth.  What they did to Cleveland who have the 2nd best NFL fans on earth (Bills fans are the BEST) can NEVER be forgiven.

*  And unlike others in my family and on 2BD I was hoping the Pats made it to the SB and won the game.  You want to know why?  How much sweeter will it be next year when we sweep the DEFENDING SB Pats and knock them from the top of the Eastern Division.    I don't want the 2019 Bills to be remembered as the team that stomped on the corpse of a NE franchise that had lost in the 1st round of the playoffs the previous year - I want to be known as the team that ENDED the Pats SB run. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Not enough Bills hate for their ineptitude against the Pats around here. 

THIS!

This organization could do something about the Pats. They just never do.

It's stranger to me that the Bills seem to get a pass here for what the Patriots have done for so long. The teams in the AFC East essentially handing the Pats an automatic bye and at least 1 home game in the playoffs every year has been a big part of how many SB's they've won. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

i lived in buffalo when i went to grad school.  my friend lived right off hertel, and after a night of drinking, suggested we go to the colony.  i thought he was joking that there was a strip club around the corner.  he sure wasn't.

don't get kicked off this board like you did the other.  you remember what happened.

This board is a bit looser in that respect.  I’m kind of amazed he hasn’t been banned here.

That was a good day in the other board.  I come here as an escape and to talk about my favorite team.  I don’t mind if a Pats fan comes here and really wants to talk Bills football, but that isn’t his deal.

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

THIS!

This organization could do something about the Pats. They just never do.

It's stranger to me that the Bills seem to get a pass here for what the Patriots have done for so long. The teams in the AFC East essentially handing the Pats an automatic bye and at least 1 home game in the playoffs every year has been a big part of how many SB's they've won. 

‘We just gotta wait till Brady retires.’?

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

take a long walk off a short cliff.

talk about inciting. 

I really wish I could say more but you're not worth it. 

I thought this was a troll thread. I was just adding my 2 cents.

27 minutes ago, Success said:

This board is a bit looser in that respect.  I’m kind of amazed he hasn’t been banned here.

That was a good day in the other board.  I come here as an escape and to talk about my favorite team.  I don’t mind if a Pats fan comes here and really wants to talk Bills football, but that isn’t his deal.

unfortunately not.  i don't think anyone minds a bit of ball busting, but what happened on the bbmb was over the top.  besides...who has time like that on their hands?

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There was a BIG argument in my family because I rooted FOR the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  Beyond thinking that we Bills fans spend way to much time & energy hating on a team that we don't follow here's my reasoning for rooting for the pats on Sunday:

*  I admire excellence.  And the Pats are a great football team with a great coach & great QB.  Yea it hurts to say that at some level but it is what it is.

*  I don't root for CARPETBAGGERS.  I won't root for a team that screwed over it's community and fans to chase LA gold.  It wasn't so long ago that we were facing this same calamity as evil folks were trying to move the Bills to LA or God forbid TORONTO!   So I don't "hate" the pats.  The only team I truly hate and will NEVER root for are the Baltimore Ravens.  And the reason - this is the ultimate low life trashy carpetbag franchise on Earth.  What they did to Cleveland who have the 2nd best NFL fans on earth (Bills fans are the BEST) can NEVER be forgiven.

*  And unlike others in my family and on 2BD I was hoping the Pats made it to the SB and won the game.  You want to know why?  How much sweeter will it be next year when we sweep the DEFENDING SB Pats and knock them from the top of the Eastern Division.    I don't want the 2019 Bills to be remembered as the team that stomped on the corpse of a NE franchise that had lost in the 1st round of the playoffs the previous year - I want to be known as the team that ENDED the Pats SB run. 

gross.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't go for the male strippers, I go for the great conversations and classy beers. OK, some of the food too. 

Brady and Bellichick are the best ever. I still was rooting against them. I don't think I'm the only one surprised they won this year. If another team, we'd be calling them a surprise upset team. I still can't grasp how their D became so great and their D line suddenly one of the best. Great schemes or not, it makes no sense. Brady was very clutch but besides that a glamour game manager (this year, not all his career!). It disgusts me they won but they made it happen.

You can give them credit yet wish them a losing season. I just want the Allen led Bills to beat them twice (or thrice!) a year for a few years before Father Time does the job

The really sad thing is that we all hate the Patriots, but they could care less about the Bills

Kind of similar to the 70's when we lost to the Fins 20 straight times - for us a dolphins game was like a super bowl - for them just another game

Very degrading to be in  a one way rivalry

• Like (+1) 2

I did have a disturbing dream last night involving Tom Brady and Bill Belichick dancing around poles in the BadaBing wearing nothing but thongs. I'd completely forgotten about it until reading this post. I tried to slip a dollar into Brady's pouch but one of the bouncers, who turned out to be Teddy Bruschi, grabbed my arm and said, "it costs a LOT more than that to buy Tom." And then I looked up and saw he was walking towards the VIP booth with Roger Goodell.

I Googled this to see what it means and apparently I'm worried about failing an exam. Weird, I left college twenty years ago. 

• Haha (+1) 1