WAY too much Patriot* love around here (my analogy)

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I'm glad I inspired your first post. Welcome!

no you're right. Personal insults that you would never have the balls to make face to face don't make you an internet tough guy. Oh wait, they do... Keep flexing those keyboard muscles. ?

so whats your point I'm only scared of God so what you said means nothing to me another Patriots fans on the Buffalo Bills social media site SMH

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Faux dynasty?  Please.

I sat in the Rockpile for the first ever home game in 1960 when I was a little kid.  I was there for the AFL championships and the Hit Heard Round the World.  I agonized through the 70's when we lost to the Fish the entire decade.  I put up with the stench of the early 80's and celebrated (And cried) during the Super Bowl run.  And I've had to watch and suffer through the 2000's, and the terrible decision making by the organization coupled with the rise and dominance of the Pats.

I say this all to give some perspective, when I say that I have no love for the Patriots.  While the Fish will always be my most hate rival, the Pats are right behind them.  I can't stand that they have dominated for so long, and I hate the smugness of Brady and the aloofness of Belichick.

But having said that, they are the best coach and QB of all time.  You can be a huge Bills fan, you can hate the Patriots, and still acknowledge the obvious; that they are the best that have ever done their jobs in the history of the league, and that they deserve whatever kudos come their way.  For me it's like the Yankees of my youth, couldn't stand them, but had to acknowledge they were the best.

To not acknowledge the greatness of Brady and Belichick is simply rooted in envy.

People said the same things about Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds. 

And Oh yeah by the way i was wearing my Buffalo Bills gear and my Brother-N-Law had on NY Giants Gear speaking our minds around Patriots on Saturday at the NFL experience for over 4 hours so what you said make no sense I'm real as they get so please go the Patriots website and make your comments cause this site is for real Bills and buddy i didn't hide from the Patriots fans i was talking and said nothing to me so the Patriots fans or you don't matter to me and talk with my mouth person and those who know me and you don't have already seen me in action so you comments are so irrelevant to me and i don't fear man at all only god- So GO Buffalo Bills and take your comments to the Patriots website 

28 minutes ago, doubledd67 said:

And Oh yeah by the way i was wearing my Buffalo Bills gear and my Brother-N-Law had on NY Giants Gear speaking our minds around Patriots on Saturday at the NFL experience for over 4 hours so what you said make no sense I'm real as they get so please go the Patriots website and make your comments cause this site is for real Bills and buddy i didn't hide from the Patriots fans i was talking and said nothing to me so the Patriots fans or you don't matter to me and talk with my mouth person and those who know me and you don't have already seen me in action so you comments are so irrelevant to me and i don't fear man at all only god- So GO Buffalo Bills and take your comments to the Patriots website 

I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. My comment above was not directed at you.(this site merges comments when you talk to 2 people at the same time)  All I said to you was welcome to the site and thanks for posting.

That being said, I'm glad you represented by wearing your Bills gear at the NFL experience this weekend. I wore my Bills gear downtown on Saturday too. From what I saw, the most gear down there was Patriots* gear by far, second most was Falcons, third at best was Rams gear. I had a feeling the crowd at the game would be Patriots* heavy and it turned out to be the case.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Ha!

Little known fact: there’s no such thing as a patriots fan above the age of 30. That city barely acknowledged its existence prior to the late 90s. You can’t be a fan of a team that’s been around since 1960 if you started following them in 1997, unless you were born around then. Plain as day in the true fan handbook. 

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

I want 4 in a row. I would also like to see the Pats win a Superbowl in the Bills new stadium if they get one.

Aren't there some Pats boards in need of piling on with play by play of the parade route happenings today? Definitely wouldn't want you to miss out on that while slumming here with us unwashed Bills masses.  ;)

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

There used to be a strip club in Atlanta that had female strippers on one side of the room and male strippers on the other.  Men were not allowed to sit on the side with male strippers, but the bouncers had to constantly remove the men that would sit on the side with the female strippers to pretend they were interested in them, but they would really be watching the male strippers across the room.  They could have easily just gone to the  gay strip club down the road, where they were free to ogle the male strippers all they wanted, but for some reason they chose to pretend to be interested in women and secretly admired the men.

So in this hypothetical analogy, Did you go down the road after getting removed or try to sneak back in?  

• Like (+1) 1

OK, I've been perusing this great website for about a dozen years now, but never created an account, until now.  Born in raised in Buffalo, live overseas now, but still watch every game online with my son.    I'm 48 and lived through the horrible early/mid '80s, then all the great 90s Super Bowl years.  It seems to me a lot of people on this site are a good bit younge than me; some in their early 20s?  It's crazy that this age group has NO concept of the time when the Patriots sucked.  They did make it into a superbowl once in the 80s but got KILLED by the big bad Bears.  But Mostly they sucked.  For about 10 years during out run of glory in late 80s/90s we beat them all the time.  They were an easy win and we were the mighty Buffalo Bills.  We were feared.   Watch a replay of the Bills 1990 AFC championship game against the Raiders. 

To see people posting here who have NEVER known a time when the Patriots weren't always winning the AFC and in every Conf Championship game ALL the time ... is so sad to me.   What makes it worse is that they have become this "dynasty" by way of being sneaky, steroid using, coniving, cheating manipulators of the game of football whom referees routinely give calls to on crucial 3rd downs in order to influence games.  The phantom roughing the passer flag in the Chiefs AFC championship game this year is the perfect example.  It's all so disheartening to think that some people actually think this team has been able to "win" so consisently on an even playing field......  

Edited by Irish Dave
Too Long
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Seriously...it’s a game, seasons over.  I’m gonna suggest some hobbies to help deflect and release some of this self inflicted pain and misery.  It’s Tuesday, I already could care less about the Super Bowl, the Pats, whose talking about what...it’s over.  Pats won, who really cares anymore.  

Bring on FA, the combine, and the draft.

GO BILLS.