WAY too much Patriot* love around here (my analogy)

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It was veiled as that, but basically just a "let's cheer for them because they're awesome" thread. There were plenty of detractors there too, like me.  

If memory serves, there was also a thread started that said in effect, they "deserved" to win another SB because they'd gone about things the right way, etc. etc. Classic. 

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If memory serves, there was also a thread started that said in effect, they "deserved" to win another SB because they'd gone about things the right way, etc. etc. Classic. 

I believe that particular thread was started by someone whose tongue needed surgical removal from  in-cheek.  It had a relatively short lifetime.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I just choose to acknowledge it by hating them more.  :)

My point is, there are designated places to extoll their virtues, I just don't want this to be one of them.

I think the problem here is that acknowledging their skill is equivalent to being a fan/extolling them in the minds of some.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the problem here is that acknowledging their skill is equivalent to being a fan/extolling them in the minds of some.

Similar to people who think, when we are critical of the Bills, we must not be a real fan?

• Like (+1) 1

As a Buffalo sports and Bills fan specifically, I'm 98% scar tissue at this point. I just don't feel the outrage burn quite as hot as I used to. And while that's true, The cheating cheaters cheated and cheated us and everyone else. They've had multiple first round picks taken away and been fined (I'm too lazy to look it up, so I might be off a bit) millions of dollars by the League FOR CHEATING.

Now, I'm much less angry than I used to be. I've gotten older, I care about the NFL less and the scar tissue helps. So, now I only want to see Brady, Belichik and Kraft convicted of Fraud and sentenced to 20 years in Federal Prison, The Patriots Franchise revoked and all wins since 2000 vacated and the State of Massachusetts returned to Wampanoag tribe. 

I used to be really angry and wanted them punished much more severely.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trust me, I get plenty enough of their skill being acknowledged elsewhere, I just want this place to be a safe haven for my hatred of that organization. ;)  In reality, I am not bothered by the occasional kudos thrown in their direction but in my opinion, there has been way to much of that here lately. I have heard people say "I don't even consider them a rival anymore because they beat us too much". Screw that, it just makes me like them less.

We had a band play in my brother's lot during the tailgate for the Patriots game. I had them paraphrase the Ohio state fight song that is reserved for when they play Michigan, replacing "Michigan" with "Massachusetts" and "Ohio" with "Buffalo." For those of you unfamiliar with this classic, here it is:

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It is really annoying how many posts there have been here this year from the closet Patriot* fans on this board expressing their love for that organization and its players.

There used to be a strip club in Atlanta that had female strippers on one side of the room and male strippers on the other.  Men were not allowed to sit on the side with male strippers, but the bouncers had to constantly remove the men that would sit on the side with the female strippers to pretend they were interested in them, but they would really be watching the male strippers across the room.  They could have easily just gone to the  gay strip club down the road, where they were free to ogle the male strippers all they wanted, but for some reason they chose to pretend to be interested in women and secretly admired the men.

That is what this place is becoming. A bunch of closet Patriot* fans, still pretending to like the Bills but constantly peeking across the room at the Patriots* instead of just going to a Patriot* fan site and admitting they wish they were there instead. Time to admit who you are and stop blocking my view of the Bills on center stage. This is a BILLS fan site. Take your Patriot* love to that other site where you will be accepted for who you are.

Feel free to express your fandom however you choose. But don’t project your insecurities (both about the Bills and your “club”) on me....

• Like (+1) 2

Ha Ha

How many members here are "Fans by birth" rather than "Fans by choice"?

By that I mean that they are fans because of dad, mom, uncle, etc. If someone "inherited" a team, they might secretly envy other fans right to choose. ;)

All that said, it is kind of sick that there are so many "closet Pat Fans" here.