Charles Clay impressions?

Zerovoltz

16 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

It's no secret I'm a Chiefs fan.....KC will be in the TE2 market.  I know from being around this board a while, Charles Clay has fallen out of favor here.  Wondering what your evaluation of him is?  I am curious if he'd be a good fit as our TE2 in KC....how is he as a blocker?  route runner?  etc?  I know you all are pissed he didn't catch that dying duck Allen threw in Miami...but as objectively as you can...what and who is Charles Clay at this point in his career?

He'd probably be a good #2 for you. He has battled injuries, including chronically injured knees, but he can get open and is a pretty good blocker. As you can see from this thread, he may be available for a reasonable price.

Edited by vincec

16 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

It's no secret I'm a Chiefs fan.....KC will be in the TE2 market.  I know from being around this board a while, Charles Clay has fallen out of favor here.  Wondering what your evaluation of him is?  I am curious if he'd be a good fit as our TE2 in KC....how is he as a blocker?  route runner?  etc?  I know you all are pissed he didn't catch that dying duck Allen threw in Miami...but as objectively as you can...what and who is Charles Clay at this point in his career?

A very good TE when healthy, but that has been his downfall.  A risk signing imo.  If for #2 role I think he is a great addition 

9 hours ago, Mat68 said:

As a number 2 he would be very effective.  He is more a h-back than a guy you flex out.  He is a reliable blocker.  He is the opposite of Kelce. Clay doesn't threaten the defense vertically and doesnt make the above the rim type plays.  The issue here is that he is paid as a top 10 to 15 te and he is not that guy.  What Clay is owed, it's a real stretch envisioning a scenerio where he is retained on his current contract.

This is kind of what I am wondering about....KC has Kelce....KC doesn't have a good 2nd TE at all...in fact, there is a thread here about you guys asking about our FA TE Demetrrious Harris. (You don' want him.)  ....I think, based on the overall responses here, I'd welcome Clay at the right price to be a 2.  Thanks for all your input.