Charles Clay impressions?

Zerovoltz

7 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

It's no secret I'm a Chiefs fan.....KC will be in the TE2 market.  I know from being around this board a while, Charles Clay has fallen out of favor here.  Wondering what your evaluation of him is?  I am curious if he'd be a good fit as our TE2 in KC....how is he as a blocker?  route runner?  etc?  I know you all are pissed he didn't catch that dying duck Allen threw in Miami...but as objectively as you can...what and who is Charles Clay at this point in his career?

very easy to immediately dislike a fan of another team when they lead in with something like this..... and what I think you meant to say was "didn't catch that ball he should have caught"..... amongst a handful of other large drops and not being available over the years.

hindsight being what it is. that DROP in Miami saved us 7 draft slots. it was arguably the most helpful play he's ever "made" as a bill.

all that being said, I think he'd be a real nice #2 option.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

27 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

very easy to immediately dislike a fan of another team when they lead in with something like this..... and what I think you meant to say was "didn't catch that ball he should have caught"..... amongst a handful of other large drops and not being available over the years.

hindsight being what it is. that DROP in Miami saved us 7 draft slots. it was arguably the most helpful play he's ever "made" as a bill.

all that being said, I think he'd be a real nice #2 option.

❄️ 

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Except in the past two years his hands have been horrible. A good number 1 tight end in today’s NFL has much better hands. We aren’t taking about 1 big drop here. Numerous. How many would-be touchdowns has he had bounce off of his hands? Far to many to be a number 1 tight end. 

Good tight ends are are game changers in today’s game and he is nowhere near that. 

This year Id agree.  I know youre not correct about  2017 because Tyrod doesnt throw thw ball to wide open WR.  Furthermore, you dont just forget how to catch a football.  Its either a result of a drastic change at QB or a mental thing. 

image.jpg

Sadly my impressions are:

• Can't stay healthy
  • Misses too many catches he should make (like the one above)

But also:

• Prior QB unable to correctly utilize his talents
  • Even so, led team in receptions and/or yards for prior 2 years

Also, a good dude who appreciates fans (personally seen during camp and on-field pre-game)

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

It's no secret I'm a Chiefs fan.....KC will be in the TE2 market.  I know from being around this board a while, Charles Clay has fallen out of favor here.  Wondering what your evaluation of him is?  I am curious if he'd be a good fit as our TE2 in KC....how is he as a blocker?  route runner?  etc?  I know you all are pissed he didn't catch that dying duck Allen threw in Miami...but as objectively as you can...what and who is Charles Clay at this point in his career?

As a number 2 he would be very effective.  He is more a h-back than a guy you flex out.  He is a reliable blocker.  He is the opposite of Kelce. Clay doesn't threaten the defense vertically and doesnt make the above the rim type plays.  The issue here is that he is paid as a top 10 to 15 te and he is not that guy.  What Clay is owed, it's a real stretch envisioning a scenerio where he is retained on his current contract.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Wait What????      

Clay has fallen out of favor with the fans.   Not sure what the FO thinks 

He was put on a snap count diet from 62% of the snaps Wk 13 to 47% of the snaps Wk 17, with a healthy scratch in there.

That's usually not a good sign that the front office thinks you're wonderful. 

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

This year Id agree.  I know youre not correct about  2017 because Tyrod doesnt throw thw ball to wide open WR.  Furthermore, you dont just forget how to catch a football.  Its either a result of a drastic change at QB or a mental thing. 

Whatever excuse you want to throw out there, the man has been bad for two years. Yes he did drop a lot of passes the year before too. He’s no longer a reliable option, time to move on. 

I'm probably wrong as usual, but I think OBD floated the tender, fully expecting Fins to match and eat up cap space....BUT...it back fired.......so we got Charles for a hefty sum and suspect knee.....at least he tried to make it work.....and I agree with "time to move on"..................