Do you agree with Kornheiser? Brady NEEDED 6 wins to be compared to Jordan?

BigDingus

Brady & Jordan Shoulder to Shoulder?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Did Brady NEED a 6th Super Bowl win to be considered "shoulder to shoulder" with Jordan?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You'll have to forgive me for thinking for myself and not bowing before a washed up has been.  Tony Gonzalez was the best pass catching TE.  Not the best all around TE.

Now we are the ones having the convo her and all you did was give a name and some elses opinion.  Im not debating Brandt Im talking to you.  

Judging by his list he is overly impressed with the recieving stats.

Hey I disagree with a lot Brandt has to say as well but I'm sure you'd find a lot of analysts that would agree with his list. Me personally would only have Gonzalez, Winslow and Witten ahead of Gronk. I didn't see Mackey but understand he was great as well. 

Edited by billsbackto81

19 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Hey I disagree with a lot Brandt has to say as well but I'm sure you'd find a lot of analysts that would agree with his list. Me personally would only have Gonzalez, Winslow and Witten ahead of Gronk. I didn't see Mackey but understand he was great as well. 

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Are we debating coaches or players? 

I'm saying Belicheck was a far better coach than Jackson.

As far as TEs go.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816049/gil-brandt's-14-greatest-nfl-tight-ends-of-all-time

Maybe you'll agree with someone who knows a little more about football than me and you.

I think Belichick is a better coach to And we are pretty close on the TEs other than Gronk.

The only thing that stops Gronk is the game plan BB uses.  We saw that in the SB.  He might choose to retire but he can still play.

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You do realize he was drafted out of HS into the MLB right?

he may not look like your typical athlete... but after all he’s done... he’s obviously a phenomenal athlete ... tremendously gifted 

I'm sorry but Tom Brady and athlete should never be in the same sentence. He has a good arm and is extremely intelligent and has mastered a offensive system that Belicheat has used for the past 20 years. Brady is like a great pitcher in baseball that you bring a DH in for because it would take him 20 seconds to get to 1st base if he even ever hit the ball in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm sorry but Tom Brady and athlete should never be in the same sentence. He has a good arm and is extremely intelligent and has mastered a offensive system that Belicheat has used for the past 20 years. Brady is like a great pitcher in baseball that you bring a DH in for because it would take him 20 seconds to get to 1st base if he even ever hit the ball in the first place.

You cannot pick and chose what is an athlete 

every player on that field is a tremendous athlete and Brady has been at the top

great speed and jumping abilities isn’t the only thing that makes an athlete 

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Jordan, Gretzky, Brady, Woods, Ruth...

You can argue if they're the GOAT, but it doesn't matter. In the end, they're just THE NAME everyone knows.

The GNOAT.

Soft G.

Only 1 goat in my opinion.  Gretzky.  The rest have 1a/1b comparisons all the time.  There is no one who was even in gretzkys league. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You cannot pick and chose what is an athlete 

every player on that field is a tremendous athlete and Brady has been at the top

great speed and jumping abilities isn’t the only thing that makes an athlete 

I'm not going to look up the definition of athlete but I'm fairly certain there is not a picture of Tom Brady after it. I'm looking into the pro bowling HOF to see if I can find a athlete in there somewhere.

I will go on record as saying MJ would win the jumping portion of this competition. 

Oh....and it’s dumb because the sports are very different, but Tony has to say something every night. 

Edited by Augie

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm not going to look up the definition of athlete but I'm fairly certain there is not a picture of Tom Brady after it. I'm looking into the pro bowling HOF to see if I can find a athlete in there somewhere.

We are talking about the NFL and they are all athletes at the top of Their profession 

Brady shouldn’t be considered shoulder to shoulder with Jordan. Yes he won six rings but how many were with him as one of the best players in the league or even on his own team? By my count it’s three though if you want to say four I wouldn’t argue.

Everyone forgets that Brady wasn’t really Tom F’ing Brady until 2007. By that time he already had three rings. He’s more like Tim Duncan.

Edited by VW82

I always considered Rice, Gretzky, Jordan, and Ruth as the GOAT in the four major sports.  Brady didn't dominate his position the way these guys did.

I'd rank them:

1.) Gretzky 

2.) Ruth 

3.)  Jordan

4.)  Rice

18 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Gronk, Moss Welker, Bruschi... He had plenti.   But I dont necessary disagree.  The only player Belichick has had thats the GOAT as his position was Gronk. Maybe Viniteri.

Please enlighten us to which QB is better than Brady.

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Please enlighten us to which QB is better than Brady.

Marino, Is my choice, you know from back when they played real football and the QB was just as much fair game as everyone else and you could drill the WR to try and make him drop the ball.  Since youre challenging me though how about instead of laughing you put up or shut up.  Ive been through this debate a million times.  There is a reason the Lombardi doesnt go home with Brady.  Its not his accomplishment.

BYW.  Brees is a better QB when you get the ring nonsense out of it.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Marino, Is my choice, you know from back when they played real football and the QB was just as much fair game as everyone else and you could drill the WR to try and make him drop the ball.  Since youre challenging me though how about instead of laughing you put up or shut up.  Ive been through this debate a million times.  There is a reason the Lombardi doesnt go home with Brady.  Its not his accomplishment.

"The ring nonsense." ?

Brees was garbage the 1st 3 years of his career. So bad they drafted Philip Rivers to replace him. He has been great since, but isn't close to Brady. The Saints went 3 years sub 500 recently.

The next closest QB has 4 rings. Brady has 6. And I know it's a team sport, but the entire team has changed 3 times over and they still win. The only lasting piece is Brady. 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Pops your reference to 30 years ago is nice

that was like old timers telling me about Nagurski and how he was tougher than the Steel Curtain D-line in the 70s.  

Sports were best when we were 11, that was 1977-78 for me, worthy champs but not worth mentioning except to people my age

we need a nap....?

Edited by row_33