Adam Schefter: Julian Edelman Is a Hall Of Fame candidate

Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Donald Driver, Keenan McCardell, Jimmy Smith, etc.  

jimmy had an awesome career. I think he very well might be the most underrated wr of all time. averaged over 1,000 yds a season in the age right before this passing era.

henry Ellard is another name i'd bring up. Over 13,700 yds in 15 season.... way before the league was throwing the ball like it is now.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:28 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He would go to Cole Beasley if he was in the role.  Same with average solid to decent slot receiver in the nfl.  JE runs good option routes and has good chemistry with Brady.  He could easily be replaced and they won’t miss a beat.  Just like the Pats did with Welker, a much better player than JE who will not get in the HOF.

and I agree about the character.  I just want to point out that he is a cheating scumbag who takes cheap shots.

i just looked up the stats between Welker and Little Julian.  Welker has almost double JE’s yards and Tds and he isn’t sniffing the HOF.  Some people are just prisoners of the moments. Is Brandon Stokley making the HOF?

You don’t see the problem with comparing Rice and JE?  You can’t be in the HOF if teams don’t game plan to stop you.  

JE is not getting in, at least he shouldn’t. 

I think Welker will and should. 

Edited by Mango

This is the Hall of FAME, and stats in-and-of-themselves do not make you famous. No one outside of their team’s fan bases remembers Henry Ellard or Mushin Muhammad, but everyone remembers Joe Willie Namath. Despite marginal stats, you can’t write the history of the game without him. If Edelman has a couple more big post-seasons, especially with rings, I say he is in the HOF discussion because he will be well known and acknowledged as a historically great player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

This is the Hall of FAME, and stats in-and-of-themselves do not make you famous. No one outside of their team’s fan bases remembers Henry Ellard or Mushin Muhammad, but everyone remembers Joe Willie Namath. Despite marginal stats, you can’t write the history of the game without him. If Edelman has a couple more big post-seasons, especially with rings, I say he is in the HOF discussion because he will be well known and acknowledged as a historically great player.

I didn’t read all of this....is there a separate HOF for the postseason? 

Tommy has a way of making people look better than they are. Not saying he’s not talented, but I AM saying he’s not HOF talented. 

On a related note, Rex hopes to make the HOF on the offseason wins he racked up.....

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Rico said:

What a ridiculous thing to say!

You think Julian Edelman will be remembered 25 years from now, outside of Massachusetts?

He couldn't carry Henry Ellard's jockstrap!  How old are you?

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

What a ridiculous thing to say!

You think Julian Edelman will be remembered 25 years from now, outside of Massachusetts?

He couldn't carry Henry Ellard's jockstrap!  How old are you?

You can play could’ve/would’ve/should’ve with Henry Ellard all you want, but the bottom line is that he didn’t. That’s why no one remembers him. This thread was the first time in many many years that I’ve seen anyone anywhere even mention him.

Deion Branch is another WR from the Patriots who was SB MVP for a great game, just like Edelman. No one remembers Branch now, but I do believe that if Edelman puts up a couple more big playoff performances, including rings, that he will be in the conversation, that’s all. Right now, I would rate him above Branch but not there yet.

He's got great postseason numbers but that's as much to do with just being on a great team and having opportunity. Is Wes Welker a HOFer? They basically played the same position in the same offense. Welker's numbers are basically double Edeleman's. At 32, Edleman probably only has two really good years left in him. So I don't think he'll come close to even matching what Welker did in the regular season.

I'd say no with the caveat that if the Patriots continue to win and go deep in the playoffs, then his postseason resume might be too much to ignore. He already has three rings. If he finishes his career with 4 rings, one super bowl mvp and the all time leader in postseason receptions and yards then I don't see how you can keep him out even if his regular season numbers are not even in the top 100 all time.

19 hours ago, Augie said:

I didn’t read all of this....is there a separate HOF for the postseason? 

Tommy has a way of making people look better than they are. Not saying he’s not talented, but I AM saying he’s not HOF talented. 

On a related note, Rex hopes to make the HOF on the offseason wins he racked up.....

Well, winning the offseason did require his brother to sleep on a futon at the OBD coaches offices...unfortunately, maybe Rob should've been working instead of sleeping, and Mario would've actually understood where he was supposed to play in that Ryan Defense?

Funny Winning Quotes. QuotesGram

• Like (+1) 1