Adam Schefter: Julian Edelman Is a Hall Of Fame candidate

Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

TD had one phenomenal season and a couple very good seasons.  That's a nice career, but it's not a HOF career, in my opinion.  Without the 2K yard season, he wouldn't even sniff Canton.  I think it was a horrible move to vote him in.  But, then again, Joe Namath shouldn't be in, either, so I guess Canton's been watered down for a long time.

8 playoff games and 1,140 rushing yards and 12 TDs (plus a SB MVP). That's not a small sample size, and the numbers are staggering. Those games were against the best competition too.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

TD had a stretch where he was a borderline top 5 rb of all time.  I do get that it was a short career but he was a dominant, game changer.  That’s what a HOF should be in my mind.  Not this generation’s Wayne Chrebet playing with the best qb ever.

I don't recall ever thinking TD was a top 5 all-time RB.  I think top 20 might even be a stretch.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Zach Thomas 5 time first team all pro and he isn’t talked about for the HOF. Screw Edelman

Zach Thomas would be a HOF player had he played for the Patriots.  It's Edelmans postseason stats that will get him in someday.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

TD had one phenomenal season and a couple very good seasons.  That's a nice career, but it's not a HOF career, in my opinion.  Without the 2K yard season, he wouldn't even sniff Canton.  I think it was a horrible move to vote him in.  But, then again, Joe Namath shouldn't be in, either, so I guess Canton's been watered down for a long time.

As erudite as you are, your opinion of Namath is surprising. I could go on about why he is in the HOF,  but I’ll just sum it up in ome sentence: Joe Namath is in the HOF because voters of that era understood the difference between being a passer and being a quarterback especially in an era where QBs called their own plays. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Top 5 during that stretch?  Of course.  But he's never been close to top 5 of all time.

Barry Sanders, the best rb I ever say play, never had that good of a stretch.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandBa00.htm

personally, I think the HOF is for guys that dominate like TD instead of guys like JE (product of a great situation where many other players would excel) or a guy who plays forever and pass stats.  JMO though. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If this were the NBA he’d be a shoe in.

McGrady

Mourning

Dino ***** Radja

Grant Hill

Drazen Petrovic

Sarunis Marciulionis

The All American Redheads

Julian Edelman.

Image result for white mamba meme

THE white mamba?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

As erudite as you are, your opinion of Namath is surprising. I could go on about why he is in the HOF,  but I’ll just sum it up in ome sentence: Joe Namath is in the HOF because voters of that era understood the difference between being a passer and being a quarterback especially in an era where QBs called their own plays. 

You can’t compare eras in football, so much has changed over each decade.

rules and QB protection and medical advances to make a major 1968 knee injury seem like nothing 

the men competed on the field in their era under their rules and conditions and it can’t be translated into 40 years later by stats

• Like (+1) 1