Adam Schefter: Julian Edelman Is a Hall Of Fame candidate

Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

are you even like .01% serious with that statement?

Only the Shady Shadow knows

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Then you'd be getting rid of most of the league because I assure you that HGH use is rampant. There's a reason the league doesn't test for it -- it's unparalleled at accelerating the healing of muscle tears, and countless NFL players suffer such tears (relatively minor but still debilitating) every week. Without it, tons more players would be injured every week of the season. 

Let me expound ....   

If prescribed by an NFL doctor in the correct dosages then I have leniency.   Roidragers like Romanowski do not deserve to be in the HOF.  

Roidelman is in the abuser group. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Only the Shady Shadow knows

Let me expound ....   

If prescribed by an NFL doctor in the correct dosages then I have leniency.   Roidragers like Romanowski do not deserve to be in the HOF.  

Roidelman is in the abuser group. 

I don't know what he took. I'm guessing it was something to help him come back from the fallow/lying low period that accompanies an ACL tear. 

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't know what he took. I'm guessing it was something to help him come back from the fallow/lying low period that accompanies an ACL tear. 

Seeing how the NFL suspended him... I'd say it wasn't NFL sanctioned. 

I am well aware the uses of roids to help heal but it shouldn't be abused

This is ridiculous!  A three time super bowl champion and an MVP of one of them.  He is the best slot receiver in the game and almost everyone here is saying he is not a HOF player?  Look past the Jersey and watch the film.  He is an all day HOF player.  You can hate someone and respect them at the same time.  

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This is ridiculous!  A three time super bowl champion and an MVP of one of them.  He is the best slot receiver in the game and almost everyone here is saying he is not a HOF player?  Look past the Jersey and watch the film.  He is an all day HOF player.  You can hate someone and respect them at the same time.  

he's not at all.  HOFers are made during the regular season year after year, capped off by good playoff runs.  they guy doesn't have close to hall of fame numbers, and as mentioned before, he could play another 10 years and may not.  as good as he is, he doesn't deserve to be in this conversation.  if the wasn't on the pats, he wouldn't even be in this conversation.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, MJS said:

He doesn't have anywhere near the required stats. No possible chance he ever sniffs the HOF. Plus, once Brady retires he'll fade into obscurity.

So the second highest leading receiving yards in post season NFL history, 3 SB titles and one SB MVP isn't good enough?  If he was a Bill you would think different.  Once again it's OK to hate someone and respect them as well.  

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

So the second highest leading receiving yards in post season NFL history, 3 SB titles and one SB MVP isn't good enough?  If he was a Bill you would think different.  Once again it's OK to hate someone and respect them as well.  

he's on the pats.  they go on the regular.  the mvp is great, but his entire body of work isn't hof material.  maybe you just don't understand what it takes to get in.  

4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

No I wouldn't think differently if he was a Bill.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

he's on the pats.  they go on the regular.  the mvp is great, but his entire body of work isn't hof material.  maybe you just don't understand what it takes to get in.  

LOL........ you're right, I clearly have no idea what I am talking about.  My bad thinking a New England Patriot can make the hall of fame.  Look past the f***ing Jersey and your hang up on regular season numbers.  His numbers during the season are respectable but it's his consistent playoff and big game numbers that will get him in. 

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

LOL........ you're right, I clearly have no idea what I am talking about.  My bad thinking a New England Patriot can make the hall of fame.  Look past the f***ing Jersey and your hang up on regular season numbers.  His numbers during the season are respectable but it's his consistent playoff and big game numbers that will get him in. 

Why should you have to look past regular season numbers? If you have to look past that, you don't deserve the HOF. That's the point.

Now, if in 4-5 seasons he has doubled his stats, then we can talk. He's not anywhere close.

20 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Super Bowl MVP honors are not always given to the right person or group of men.   

The INT that saved the game or the RB that scored the only TD.  

18 minutes ago, teef said:

he's not at all.  HOFers are made during the regular season year after year, capped off by good playoff runs.  they guy doesn't have close to hall of fame numbers, and as mentioned before, he could play another 10 years and may not.  as good as he is, he doesn't deserve to be in this conversation.  if the wasn't on the pats, he wouldn't even be in this conversation.  

Hogan would be a HoFer because of last season's performance when PEdelman was out 

yeah I'm biased, but I see the muscle bulges and think  Steroids 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why should you have to look past regular season numbers? If you have to look past that, you don't deserve the HOF. That's the point.

Now, if in 4-5 seasons he has doubled his stats, then we can talk. He's not anywhere close.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Super Bowl MVP honors are not always given to the right person or group of men.   

The INT that saved the game or the RB that scored the only TD.  

The Patriots hate is strong in here..... As it should be.  I never said to look past his regular season numbers.  Truth is most players only have regular season numbers.  Edelman has both and his post season numbers will get him in.  There will come a point where a lot of these Patriots are going to make their way in because of the postseason accomplishments.  

10 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

How does he compare vs Green, Brown, Jones, etc?  Is his production that much above his peers?

The regular season is what gets you in the HOF conversation.  The playoffs are a bonus.

6 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

The Patriots hate is strong in here..... As it should be.  I never said to look past his regular season numbers.  Truth is most players only have regular season numbers.  Edelman has both and his post season numbers will get him in.  There will come a point where a lot of these Patriots are going to make their way in because of the postseason accomplishments.  

You literally said to look past his regular season numbers. That's why I said that.

It has nothing to do with Patriots hate. Should Gronk be a hall of famer? Absolutely! Should Brady be a hall of famer? Yes he should. I have no problem with putting great players with great stats in the hall, regardless of their team. Edelman is not one of those players that deserve it.

18 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

it has zero to do with the jersey.  it's you who wants to push that nonsense narrative.  again, it's what you do again and again in the regular season.  he's numbers aren't even in the ball park.  this isn't my opinion.  there was a talk on just this on sirius nfl.   the men who actually vote on the hof inductions thought it was absurd that this was even being brought up.  look at his entire body of work.  it's not a hof career, even if he has been great in the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

You literally said to look past his regular season numbers. That's why I said that.

It has nothing to do with Patriots hate. Should Gronk be a hall of famer? Absolutely! Should Brady be a hall of famer? Yes he should. I have no problem with putting great players with great stats in the hall, regardless of their team. Edelman is not one of those players that deserve it

I literally said to get past your hang up on them not to completely toss them out.  He's a HOF player in my book and in a lot of people's book.  We can agree to disagree.  

13 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

no he doesn't.  post season accomplishment won't get you in on their own.  the only reason his numbers are so good in the post season is because the pats go constantly.  i'm willing to bet hogan's numbers aren't terrible in the post season either.  

Just now, Mark92 said:

I literally said to get past your hang up on them not to completely toss them out.  He's a HOF player in my book and in a lot of people's book.  We can agree to disagree.  

it's easier for most of us to know you're wrong, and just accept it.

Just now, teef said:

no he doesn't.  post season accomplishment won't get you in on their own.  the only reason his numbers are so good in the post season is because the pats go constantly.  i'm willing to bet hogan's numbers aren't terrible in the post season either.  

Julie needs another 4-5 years to qualify.

But then again baseball let Harold Baines in, so anything might get you in in five years.  

Hoops lets anybody in.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

it's easier for most of us to know you're wrong, and just accept it.

I forgot it's impossible to have an opinion on this board.  Either drink the cool aid or be ridiculed.