Adam Schefter: Julian Edelman Is a Hall Of Fame candidate

Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Is Julian Edleman a Hall of Fame WR?

Again a lot of this returns to the genius of belichek. Brady gets lost in the shuffle if he isnt miraculously picked at 6 by NE.Perfect storm there--nerdy unathletic perfectionist guy becomes a great QB in conjunction w the perfectionist and genius Belichek. Edelman is a stocky little guy with a real quick 1st move and sure hands perfectly suited to the rules of the nfl and to belicheks taking advantage of the rules as well as seeing the weaknesses in all the defenses. Better for belicheks system than Randy Moss.

Tasker would have been just as good in Belicheks system as a WR as edelman is. Same quick first move(he was uncoverable on STs) and same sure hands and same short stocky build. Levy while a good coach wasnt in the same universe as Belichek and didnt figure out how to use Taskers receiving skills.When he finally saw WR time he was too old and kelly was too broken down(bad shoulder).

That said its hard to knock Edelman--He did brilliantly what was asked of him. Hall of Fame?? who knows anymore about that??? His stats say no.But in fairness he wasnt featured til late in his career.

33 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

If performance enhancement gets you out of the HOF, Jerry Rice is out as well. I'm very much good with that.

Its not much of an advantage when pretty much everyone is using them.  The only thing I would consider is that may not be the case anymore.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

One of the best slot receivers of the last four decades, the playoff triumphs help his cause

they don’t let in pass catchers without a lot of thinking first 

Thought we were talking about Edelman not Welker.  At the moment his numbers dont cut it.

I stated it in another thread, but at 499 grabs, 5,390 yards and 30 tds we shouldn’t even be having this conversation, especially at 32 years old.  He is the Welker replacement.

That said, and I can’t believe I am saying this, but I believe part of the reason why this is coming up....honestly, is because Edelman is white.

i don’t care that black reporters and black former athletes are also bringing this up. I think this is part of the underlying reason, along with the desire to make the Patriots overall success about someone other than Brady and Bill.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This is a joke right? Welker was better ,and isn't even deserving of the Hall of Fame. Don't give my the rings argument because that is just a feeble argument. If you combined Welker's and Edelman's numbers you get almost the equivalent of one Andre Reed :lol: 

Wes Welker's Career numbers: 

G     GS      REC    YDS      YPR    LG    TD

Career 175 102 903 9,924 11.0 99 50

Julian PEDelman

Total 122 71 499 5,390 10.8 77 30

Andre Reed 

Total 234 951 13,198 13.9 83 87

And we all recall how long it took Reed to get in.

• Like (+1) 1

this was a topic on sirius nfl yesterday.  the announcer, (i think it was bob papa) was furious at the idea itself.  as great as he has been in the playoffs, edelman will not see the HOF, nor should he.  He'd have to play another decade, and maybe his numbers would start to stack up.