All jokes aside, you have to admire the Kraft Brady relationship*

11 hours ago, White Linen said:

Admire Kraft for giving Brady ridiculously less money than his peers and Brady seemingly so happy about it they kiss each other?

There's something against the rules going on and I don't admire a thing about that. 

9 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I admire how Kraft filters Brady money through shell companies to make up for his "selfless pay cuts"...

It has always been easy for Brady to turn down more money to increase his chances of winning another Super Bowl because he is not the primary bread winner in his household.  His wife and super model Gisele has always made more money than him.  His pay checks are just a little extra coin to them.

Lifetime Earnings

Tom Brady;  $197 MM 

Gisele Bundchen  $386 MM. 

Simply put, Tom is a kept man and doesn't have to worry about bringing home a lot of money, Gisele pays the bills.     ?

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It has always been easy for Brady to turn down more money to increase his chances of winning another Super Bowl because he is not the primary bread winner in his household.  His wife and super model Gisele has always made more money than him.  His pay checks are just a little extra coin to them.

Lifetime Earnings

Tom Brady;  $197 MM 

Gisele Bundchen  $386 MM. 

Simply put, Tom is a kept man and doesn't have to worry about bringing home a lot of money, Gisele pays the bills.     ?

He gets money from Kraft outside league play. They just cover it up well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No.  Each is nice to the other because it is in their own economic best interest.  It is reciprocal greed.  I can't blame them.  It works, and there are other situations where owners have had personal relationships with leaders in the team's locker room,  But there is nothing noble or altruistic about it.

Edited by TigerJ

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

No.  Each is nice to the other because it is in their own economic best interest.  It is reciprocal greed.  I can't blame them.  It works, and there are other situations where owners have had personal relationships with leader's in the team's locker room,  But there is nothing noble or altruistic about it.

Reciprocal greed with or without tongue.  Fielders choice.  

• thunderingsquid changed the title to All jokes aside, you have to admire the Kraft Brady relationship*

Hey, you have to give credit to the winners because you value the prize

When the Bills win it all I want to hear everyone saying how great they are and will listen to/watch everything that praises their greatness.

NE dynasty has just been something to get through. It sets up well for us that we will become great once they are ancient and running on fumes. They won't be around to stop us from getting to Super Bowls. Mahomes might, but we'll deal with that in time.

TB12 seems like a fake made up company to me. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kraft was paying Brady in some other form to circumvent the salary cap. However, I blame the NFL for allowing these types of business dealings to even take place to begin with.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/19/patriots-pay-business-owned-tom-brady-and-partner-with-dubious-past/C4zMzcPDgU62WMMg10qeBL/story.html