Sign in to follow this  
Special K

My Hypothetical Julio Jones Trade....Yes or No?

On 2/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Special K said:

If the Bills could find a trade down partner, such as the Redskins or Steelers, and net a 2nd round pick this year and a 2020 1st round pick, then send those two picks to Atlanta for Julio Jones(assuming he would be willing to stay long term with the Bills), would you be willing to do this.

Essentially, the Bills would be getting Jones in return for moving down 10-15 spots in the first round of this years draft.

Do you think a move like this would be possible?

Would you do it if it was?

I would do it in a heartbeat. We would still have a first and a second for this year for Julio Jones. But I dont think we will get a 2nd and next year's first for moving down 10-15 spots.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:59 AM, NoSaint said:

I put the close of his window at 39-40 with that. It’s not like I stretched it wildly. He’s still a young guy by an standards. 

You didn't stretch it. But when I think of young QBs, Ryan does not come to mind.

I am not interested in trading high draft picks on a young team for a 30 year old WR, no matter how good he’s been.  Now, if the trade is for a 3rd round pick, (as I think Pittsburgh got for Antonio Brown) then maybe OK.  I am looking for long term contributors on small contracts, not a fading star who will be here for 2 years at a high salary.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, Special K said:

If the Bills could find a trade down partner, such as the Redskins or Steelers, and net a 2nd round pick this year and a 2020 1st round pick, then send those two picks to Atlanta for Julio Jones(assuming he would be willing to stay long term with the Bills), would you be willing to do this.

Essentially, the Bills would be getting Jones in return for moving down 10-15 spots in the first round of this years draft.

Do you think a move like this would be possible?

Would you do it if it was?

Absolutely not.

The 26 year old Julio? Yeah. Now? Doesn't have a long future.