My Hypothetical Julio Jones Trade....Yes or No?

Special K

• 2 months later...

Thought I would bring this one back now that we are closer to the draft.

Since the Bills filled so many holes through FA, would this type of trade make more sense now?

If the Bills could move down in the first round, pick up an extra second rounder, and trade both 2nd round picks for Julio Jones, would you do it?

What are the trade scenarios that you think could land Julio?

Just now, Special K said:

Since the Bills filled so many holes through FA, would this type of trade make more sense now?

If the Bills could move down in the first round, pick up an extra second rounder, and trade both 2nd round picks for Julio Jones, would you do it?

There are none, Atl is going to extend hm.  He isnt going to be available.  Neither is AJ Green.  

Draft will be where we get a WR

On 2/4/2019 at 7:20 PM, Buffalo03 said:

I have posted about this before. I personally don't think we will have to give up a first to get Julio at his age and I think that the Falcons could give him up for a few reasons

1. Julio held out for more money last training camp and failed to show up until they reworked his deal. I really don't think the Falcons are gonna want to deal with this again especially since this will be their last chance to get something reasonable for him considering he's 30

2. The Falcons don't really have a whole lot of cap space. And having Julio on their roster really hasn't made much of a difference the last couple of years for them even with paying him all that money

3. They drafted Calvin Ridley last year who caught 6 or 7 TDs as a rookie. They might be willing to move on from Julio to see what they have in Ridley

4. the Falcons need major defensive help and will need a ton of draft capital to build it back up and will probably be willing to accumulate some picks to do so

Julio is the guy I want Beane to go after the most

This might be the most likely scenario. If Oliver drops to 9. You may see the Falcons try to trade up from 14. That may get your window. Give us #14 and Julio and we’ll package it with #9 and something else. Maybe nothing else. If you think Julio is worth only a 2nd. Then the math pretty much works out. 

Anyone that hat wants to call me crazy can go ahead. But more has been given up to move less. 

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are none, Atl is going to extend hm.  He isnt going to be available.  Neither is AJ Green.  

Draft will be where we get a WR

In Miller’s latest scouting notebook, Metcalf was mentioned as a favorite to land with the Packers or Buffalo Bills based on what he’s currently hearing.

Miller said no league sources he’s spoken with have disregarded the rumors.

“Metcalf’s landing spot is one of the most interesting questions regarding this (draft) class,” he later added.

Then there’s Kiper, who released his latest mock draft earlier this week. Kiper is known for projecting players to teams based on what he’s hearing from league sources rather than how he thinks the board should fall. He had the Packers selecting Metcalf at No. 12 overall in his latest mock, calling him an “out-of-this-world” athlete.

38 minutes ago, the skycap said:

In Miller’s latest scouting notebook, Metcalf was mentioned as a favorite to land with the Packers or Buffalo Bills based on what he’s currently hearing.

Miller said no league sources he’s spoken with have disregarded the rumors.

“Metcalf’s landing spot is one of the most interesting questions regarding this (draft) class,” he later added.

Then there’s Kiper, who released his latest mock draft earlier this week. Kiper is known for projecting players to teams based on what he’s hearing from league sources rather than how he thinks the board should fall. He had the Packers selecting Metcalf at No. 12 overall in his latest mock, calling him an “out-of-this-world” athlete.

Frankenstein like agility.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 2/5/2019 at 11:30 PM, Buffalo03 said:

This is actually an interesting scenario. A swap of 2019 firsts and a 2019 3rd and maybe in throw in a 2020 3rd for Julio. I would actually like that a lot

Of course you’d like that scenario a lot. It values Julio Jones at the 43rd pick of this draft, which is a total joke.  (It’s be just slightly better with the addition 3rd mentioned.)  No, Atlanta would laugh the Bills offer out of the room if they made that offer.  He’s a top 5 WR in the league.  

Given Matt Ryan's window and recent comments from Blank I'd be shocked if they traded Jones.  

If they were shopping him I'd absolutely take that hypothetical deal.  The problem is that's way too much for the Redskins or Steelers to give up even if it is for a quarterback.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:27 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Lets revisit the situation in 2025.. Its all speculation until then...

Wouldn't it be funny if Julio is still playing and Matty has retired.. Julio will only be as old as Larry Fitzgerald is now...

He has two pretty cheap years left.... That's part of the reason you trade for him right?

It is pretty much written he would only come with a new deal. He and others have seen how AB played the Steelers. Jones will not have all the drama of needing a new deal but he will likely get one as terms of a trade.

He would be financially not smart, and his agent a very poor talent, to not take advantage of this environment(him being traded) of getting a new deal. Especially considering if he just agrees to go to new team and play next two years on current deal his market value will be severely compromised in two years when he is approaching 33 years old. 

Edited by cba fan

On 4/13/2019 at 3:25 PM, Special K said:

1) Yes.   The best thing the Bills can do now is add a player who could make Josh Allen look great until the point where he can do it himself.   This is why so many teams that have been successful with young QB's recently have paid the price for star veteran WR to prop up young QB's.     Adding a great DT would be nice but the long term success of a franchise is all about the QB.    Defensive success is generally very fleeting.   Good QB play is how you stay consistently relevant for 15+ years.

2) Yes.

3) I've stopped considering trade scenarios since Arthur Blank has repeatedly and adamantly declared that Julio Jones and Grady Jarrett will be Falcons for LIFE.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Special K said:

If the Bills could find a trade down partner, such as the Redskins or Steelers, and net a 2nd round pick this year and a 2020 1st round pick, then send those two picks to Atlanta for Julio Jones(assuming he would be willing to stay long term with the Bills), would you be willing to do this.

Essentially, the Bills would be getting Jones in return for moving down 10-15 spots in the first round of this years draft.

Do you think a move like this would be possible?

Would you do it if it was?

I would do it in a heartbeat. We would still have a first and a second for this year for Julio Jones. But I dont think we will get a 2nd and next year's first for moving down 10-15 spots.

I am not interested in trading high draft picks on a young team for a 30 year old WR, no matter how good he’s been.  Now, if the trade is for a 3rd round pick, (as I think Pittsburgh got for Antonio Brown) then maybe OK.  I am looking for long term contributors on small contracts, not a fading star who will be here for 2 years at a high salary.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, Special K said:

If the Bills could find a trade down partner, such as the Redskins or Steelers, and net a 2nd round pick this year and a 2020 1st round pick, then send those two picks to Atlanta for Julio Jones(assuming he would be willing to stay long term with the Bills), would you be willing to do this.

Essentially, the Bills would be getting Jones in return for moving down 10-15 spots in the first round of this years draft.

Do you think a move like this would be possible?

Would you do it if it was?

Absolutely not.

The 26 year old Julio? Yeah. Now? Doesn't have a long future.