My Hypothetical Julio Jones Trade....Yes or No?

Special K

If the Bills could find a trade down partner, such as the Redskins or Steelers, and net a 2nd round pick this year and a 2020 1st round pick, then send those two picks to Atlanta for Julio Jones(assuming he would be willing to stay long term with the Bills), would you be willing to do this.

Essentially, the Bills would be getting Jones in return for moving down 10-15 spots in the first round of this years draft.

Do you think a move like this would be possible?

Would you do it if it was?

1 minute ago, Special K said:

If the Bills could find a trade down partner, such as the Redskins or Steelers, and net a 2nd round pick this year and a 2020 1st round pick, then send those two picks to Atlanta for Julio Jones(assuming he would be willing to stay long term with the Bills), would you be willing to do this.

Essentially, the Bills would be getting Jones in return for moving down 10-15 spots in the first round of this years draft.

Not at Jones age

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Special K said:

So you think the Redskins are going to trade their second round pick this year and next year’s first round pick to move from 16 to 9?  You are dreaming.  I’m not even sure they would trade just their second round pick to make that move.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

Yeah but I don't think Atlanta wants 2020 draft picks.

Clearly they haven't wanted to re-work Julio's contract so I agree that they may shop him.....and he's a "process" guy for sure....but the Falcons want to win NOW.

I'm of the belief that the cap-strapped Falcons might look at the Saints model...........one that lead to them trading super-targets Jimmy Graham and Brandin Cooks..............and think Ridley could be their Michael Thomas and that they don't need a $17M/yr WR to pair with their veteran QB.    

You can get intermediate route runners on the cheap who play right into Ryan's ability.

Currently Julio runs a ton of those routes and puts up huge numbers doing it.........Julio is great, he can do a lot.........but in some respects his deep ability is wasted on Ryan's arm..........though he has gotten pretty good at coming back for Ryan's under thrown bombs and turning into a DB.?    

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

So you think the Redskins are going to trade their second round pick this year and next year’s first round pick to move from 16 to 9?  You are dreaming.  I’m not even sure they would trade just their second round pick to make that move.  

You might be right, but if they are trading up for a QB, teams tend to overpay to do so.

I have posted about this before. I personally don't think we will have to give up a first to get Julio at his age and I think that the Falcons could give him up for a few reasons

1. Julio held out for more money last training camp and failed to show up until they reworked his deal. I really don't think the Falcons are gonna want to deal with this again especially since this will be their last chance to get something reasonable for him considering he's 30

2. The Falcons don't really have a whole lot of cap space. And having Julio on their roster really hasn't made much of a difference the last couple of years for them even with paying him all that money

3. They drafted Calvin Ridley last year who caught 6 or 7 TDs as a rookie. They might be willing to move on from Julio to see what they have in Ridley

4. the Falcons need major defensive help and will need a ton of draft capital to build it back up and will probably be willing to accumulate some picks to do so

Julio is the guy I want Beane to go after the most

Edited by Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I have posted about this before. I personally don't think we will have to give up a first to get Julio at his age and I think that the Falcons could give him up for a few reasons

1. Julio held out for more money last training camp and failed to show up until they reworked his deal. I really don't think the Falcons are gonna want to deal with this again especially since this will be their last chance to get something reasonable for him considering he's 30

2. The Falcons don't really have a whole lot of cap space. And having Julio on their roster really hasn't made much of a difference the last couple of years for them even with paying him all that money

3. They drafted Calvin Ridley last year who caught 6 or 7 TDs as a rookie. They might be willing to move on from Julio to see what they have in Ridley

4. the Falcons need major defensive help and will need a ton of draft capital to build it back up and will probably be willing to accumulate some picks to do so

Julio is the guy I want Beane to go after the most

You want him the most because he is so good...

The Falcons still have Jones under contract another two years at reasonable money..

They also probably think they are in Matt Ryan's Superbowl window...

I think having Jones on the team actually helps Ridley develop as he goes up against the No 2 CB each week...

Like I said.. I would expect them to trade Sanu first, but even that would be unlikely IMO

I would be gobsmacked if they traded Jones..

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Special K said:

Problem with your scenario is if the Bills do a trade down with Washington the draft value chart would be adding their 2nd round pick.

Would I deal maybe our 2nd round pick and a 3rd in 2020 for Julio Jones.  Hmmmmm, depends on what receivers are left when the 40th pick.  Let's assume the value for Antonio Brown is the 49ers 2nd and a conditional 2020 pick, that would set the market.

If the Bills trade down to 15, right now based on getting a RT and G in FA, I would select TJ Hockenson.  Let's further assume that Titans, Ravens and Raiders go WR, let's say Metcalf, Harry, and Harmon go in the first, then Cardinals and Jets go Samuels and Butler.  Then I would absolutely Pursue a Julio Jones deal

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Were going to get the 15th pick, a 2nd rd pick AND future 1st to trade down 9 spots......so the redskins can select who?  Drew Lock?  Daniel Jones?  Kyler is our only chance and I don’t think he’s the apple of that grudens eye

Edited by NewEra

22 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Just my opinion but I think Julio may be an indoor cat. The Bills need an outdoor cat.

One of Julio’s best games came in Green Bay in a cold setting. Julio is a gamer. He is dinged up a lot but he plays. I also don’t think Julio will be traded, Julio is one of Arthur Blanks guys. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why are Atlanta going to give him up?

More hope that they trade Sanu but even that to me seems unlikely..

They used a #1 on a WR last year, plus have Sanu.  I can tell you I'm ready to give up on him as he's my keeper on my fantasy team and his numbers have been pretty low.  He'll have a couple of monster games, but overall  too many people to throw the ball to down there.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but I don't think Atlanta wants 2020 draft picks.

Clearly they haven't wanted to re-work Julio's contract so I agree that they may shop him.....and he's a "process" guy for sure....but the Falcons want to win NOW.

I'm of the belief that the cap-strapped Falcons might look at the Saints model...........one that lead to them trading super-targets Jimmy Graham and Brandin Cooks..............and think Ridley could be their Michael Thomas and that they don't need a $17M/yr WR to pair with their veteran QB.    

You can get intermediate route runners on the cheap who play right into Ryan's ability.

Currently Julio runs a ton of those routes and puts up huge numbers doing it.........Julio is great, he can do a lot.........but in some respects his deep ability is wasted on Ryan's arm..........though he has gotten pretty good at coming back for Ryan's under thrown bombs and turning into a DB.?    

To be fair the saints model included cooks and graham being locker room distractions.

graham was allegedly 110% checked out after the tag arguments and the receivers were insulting each other on Twitter 

that aside- I think jones is available at the right price. I think beane would covet him. He would be a fantastic fit. I don’t know if stars will align though.