Beane should put a claim in for Vallejo LB

CaptnCoke11

I guess I just don't understand the reason people reply in a message thread just to criticize the thread.  If you don't like the thread, move on to another thread.  No one put a gun to your head and made you read the thread against your will. 

NEWS FLASH!  This is the dead time in the NFL year.  Nothing will happen between now and the Combine on the 26th except for a handful of player arrests in the offseason (hopefully no Bills).  That means that most threads that are started now will be heavy on opinion, speculation , conjecture,  and projections that you may not be interested in or that you may disagree with.  Go ahead and discuss your difference of opinion if you care to, or don't.  But why post that the thread shouldn't have even been started, like you have been deputized as the TBD Thread Police.  This won't be much of a message board if people don't start threads. 

In this instance, I don't see anything wrong with someone stating that the Bills should look at picking up Vallejo. I think it's a reasonable thread topic.  I personally don't know enough about Vallejo to add anything meaningful to the discussion.  If people want to offer some facts about Vallejo and their opinion on the matter I'll read them and hopefully by the end of the thread I'll have more of an informed opinion on Vallejo based on what people have contributed to the discussion.  That's how this whole message board thing is supposed to work.

If you like a thread, jump in.  if you don't like a thread, move on.  But what's the point of jumping into a thread just to say you don't like the thread???  I have just never understood why people feel the need to do that...

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

To think,  people on facebook are being robbed the chance to discuss this bc it was posted here instead...

...Fisher Price Wi-Fi Club approves of this message.....:thumbsup:...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

I thought he did decent in Cleveland last year. I'm pretty sure he started a couple games towards the end of the year because of injuries and he wasn't spectacular but he was solid.  I thought we'd keep him as depth. 

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I guess I just don't understand the reason people reply in a message thread just to criticize the thread.  If you don't like the thread, move on to another thread.  No one put a gun to your head and made you read the thread against your will. 

NEWS FLASH!  This is the dead time in the NFL year.  Nothing will happen between now and the Combine on the 26th except for a handful of player arrests in the offseason (hopefully no Bills).  That means that most threads that are started now will be heavy on opinion, speculation , conjecture,  and projections that you may not be interested in or that you may disagree with.  Go ahead and discuss your difference of opinion if you care to, or don't.  But why post that the thread shouldn't have even been started, like you have been deputized as the TBD Thread Police.  This won't be much of a message board if people don't start threads. 

In this instance, I don't see anything wrong with someone stating that the Bills should look at picking up Vallejo. I think it's a reasonable thread topic.  I personally don't know enough about Vallejo to add anything meaningful to the discussion.  If people want to offer some facts about Vallejo and their opinion on the matter I'll read them and hopefully by the end of the thread I'll have more of an informed opinion on Vallejo based on what people have contributed to the discussion.  That's how this whole message board thing is supposed to work.

If you like a thread, jump in.  if you don't like a thread, move on.  But what's the point of jumping into a thread just to say you don't like the thread???  I have just never understood why people feel the need to do that...

Simple - accountability.

To a degree its about knowing your audience as well. It might sound silly, but this was the primo place to discuss Bills stuff for a decade. People who already didnt know (beginners per se) would google buffalo bills message board and would litterally get the BBMB and have at it. TWDSW was a little more advanced perhaps. Im sure this reeks of ignorance,  but the convo really was a bit more advanced or next level. There were no threads about how Josh Allen looks in shorts or silly threads about bad hires due to Carolina connections.  If there was, it was snuffed out real quick. If you didnt have to ignore stupid threads before and now you do, some could find it annoying. Some say something mean, some poke fun, and some simply ignore.

Some simply move on, some dont. In the grand scheme of things are you really that much better complaining about the people who complain? Policing the police as it were? Prob not. Not to mention,  its also how people learn. All you have here is your handle. If you wanna gunk it up by publicly posting stupid things you are entitled to - but people remember that and next time you post something you will also be remembered as the person who thought Matt Vallejo was the answer.

Rough, maybe... but if we are being honest in general this isnt the best beginner board out there. It may even be a small reason why newbie posting rules were just put into play. 

It is what it is man...it is what it is

Edited by gobills1212

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Claimed off waivers by Arizona 

...in high demand?..........

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2019, 5:12 AM EST

"The Cardinals claimed linebacker Tanner Vallejo off waivers on Tuesday, getting a player that several other teams wanted — and showing the value of having the first pick in the waiver order."

21 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Simple - accountability.

To a degree its about knowing your audience as well. It might sound silly, but this was the primo place to discuss Bills stuff for a decade. People who already didnt know (beginners per se) would google buffalo bills message board and would litterally get the BBMB and have at it. TWDSW was a little more advanced perhaps. Im sure this reeks of ignorance,  but the convo really was a bit more advanced or next level. There were no threads about how Josh Allen looks in shorts or silly threads about bad hires due to Carolina connections.  If there was, it was snuffed out real quick. If you didnt have to ignore stupid threads before and now you do, some could find it annoying. Some say something mean, some poke fun, and some simply ignore.

Some simply move on, some dont. In the grand scheme of things are you really that much better complaining about the people who complain? Policing the police as it were? Prob not. Not to mention,  its also how people learn. All you have here is your handle. If you wanna gunk it up by publicly posting stupid things you are entitled to - but people remember that and next time you post something you will also be remembered as the person who thought Matt Vallejo was the answer.

Rough, maybe... but if we are being honest in general this isnt the best beginner board out there. It may even be a small reason why newbie posting rules were just put into play. 

It is what it is man...it is what it is

If your going to be an arrogant maybe you should get players name right. 

3 hours ago, noacls said:

If your going to be an arrogant maybe you should get players name right. 

freudian slip as i went to school with a matt.

Someone cant be right 100% of the time and when they arent, they should get called on it. 

Just as you did. 

That said

An arrogant what?

If your going to call someone out maybe you should at least get what you want to say right.

I didnt pussyfoot, neither should you!

And if you took that as arrogant then your arro-dar is off. That was simply being real and providing a truthful explination. If peoples feelings were getting hurt and it needed to be spelled out - there it is. It wasnt intended to offend, but yet inform.  Like it or not, its the nature of the interwebs 

Edited by gobills1212