Brandon Beane letter to Season Ticket Holders

YoloinOhio

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/02/read-what-buffalo-bills-gm-brandon-beane-wrote-in-letter-to-season-ticket-holders.html

As I walked out of the stadium on December 30th, I had some different thoughts run through my head. Satisfaction from the win that day, yet disappointment with our final record. But mostly, I felt excitement with the opportunity that lies ahead.

The sole focus is to build the Buffalo Bills into a championship contender and help create a culture aimed at long-term success. That is what drives our entire staff here at One Bills Drive.

As we regroup from scouting trips to the East-West and Senior Bowl games, I wanted to take a moment to share with you the plan moving forward:

• We have work to do and we know it. Although we were very encouraged by our development and growth this year, we certainly have areas of need in all three phases.

• As I have stated since the day I arrived in Buffalo, we must continue to draftdevelop and sign our own players, We have 10 picks this year which gives us another great opportunity to add more talent to our foundation. Our scouts have been hard at work since last summer evaluating college players.

• Our salary cap situation has improved greatly. It was a strategic move to have so much dead cap space last year in order to put us in a better situation moving forward. We will use that to our advantage.

We intend to be active in the free agent market, but we will be calculated with those decisions.

• The previous two draft classes have begun a new foundation of young players on our roster. We are encouraged by the development thus far by players like Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Tre’Davious White and others. Each of them was given an individual plan of improvement at season’s end and they understand they have a lot of work in front of them.

We have opportunities to improve our team this offseason and the Pegulas, Sean (McDermott) and I are all on the same page and determined to bring winning football to the city of Buffalo.

Thank you for your loyal dedication to this franchise.

Sincerely,

Brandon Beane

General Manager

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I guess players who weren't given an individual action plan of improvement should be spicing up their resumes.

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

Why only address the season ticket holders? Why not send this letter to all fans?

I mean the letter is pretty pointless and nondescript but for a franchise as bad as the Bills you’d think they would reach out to their entire fan base.

postage just went up to $0.55...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

Why only address the season ticket holders? Why not send this letter to all fans?

I mean the letter is pretty pointless and nondescript but for a franchise as bad as the Bills you’d think they would reach out to their entire fan base.

Give me your address, email and credit card info and I’ll send you a letter if you feel left out.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

postage just went up to $0.55...

Ha, I just meant that the team could release a letter to all fans on their website, no need to rely on the US postal service....is the mail even being delivered with the rotating shutdowns?

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Give me your address, email and credit card info and I’ll send you a letter if you feel left out.

Not left out, under appreciated. And any fan who has stuck by this team shouldn’t feel under appreciated.

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

Ha, I just meant that the team could release a letter to all fans on their website, no need to rely on the US postal service....is the mail even being delivered with the rotating shutdowns?

You don't think season ticket holders deserve a little extra communication?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

not sure why the team makes such a big deal about 10 draft picks.

All of the extra picks are late round selections (I think 4, 6 and 7)

I suspect they will be, to some extent, used as ammo to move around a little if the opportunity arises. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, ticketssince61 said:

not sure why the team makes such a big deal about 10 draft picks.

All of the extra picks are late round selections (I think 4, 6 and 7)

Probably making note of it because draft picks are considered currency, no matter where they are. They can be used to trade for players from other teams, or package to move up into higher rounds. I personally do not think they will be adding 10 rookies with those 10 picks.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

You don't think season ticket holders deserve a little extra communication?

Sure, I understand the extra perks season ticket holders get in order secure their continued support. But despite it being a watered down strategic plan I think it should be released to all fans of the team.

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Season ticket sales were down last year. This is 30% beane being a good dude and 70% beane trying to get people to renew their season tickets and get new season ticket holders. 

Where’d you see that? I remember reading that the 2017 and 2018 figures weren’t released, just noted that both exceeded 50k.