Miami officially hires Brian Flores as HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Apparently Bowles was their interim HC for 3 games after they fired Sparano.  Don't forget about Wanny either.

Ok so last permanent Def head coach then would be Wanny

i did forget about Bowles. 

This division just loves to pass coaches back and forth 

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Interestingly re Belichick's proteges, I was actually impressed to an extent by Patricia this season despite the record. In that Lions/Rams game, the Lions ran a quarters-zone defense that the Rams couldn't solve until late in the game. It's basically the same plan Belichick used yesterday. Also, when the Pats played the Bills late in the season, they played them right after the Bills-Lions game. The Lions were the first team to really shut down Allen's running, and they did it by simply dropping their LBs into shallow zones all game to take away those huge run lanes that Allen was exploiting in pass rush situations against every other team. The next week, the Pats did the exact same thing, and it worked.

Scheme-wise, Patricia is clearly smart. Still, being a winning coach in the NFL requires so much more than simply being smart about game planning. That "leader of men" stuff really matters, and it's why Tomlin is an excellent coach despite what his detractors say. 

Which is why, despite some missteps, McDermott should inspire faith among Bills fans.  There is no question he fits the bill (ha) in this category.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, fl az fan said:

I was about to start a thread on this subject but with a twist. Instead I'll just add my thoughts here.Living in a Miami market I just heard the introductory presser for Mr. Flores. I'll start by saying that I am thrilled that the Phish made this hire. 

The presser started with Mr. Ross stating the Phish had found a great leader of men. Our search had nothing to do with offense or defense. We conducted our search to find the the best leader for our organization. Then the GM spoke about how Flores was a disciple of BB and he will coach in the ways he learned in New England. 

Let me restate, I am thrilled with this hire. We all know the track record of assistants and coordinators coming out of New England, it ain't good. Now for my reaction to the presser, it was painful. Flores stuttered and stammered his way through 15 minutes (or more) behind the mic. He spoke in cliches throughout the entire time and if I hear another UM or UH, somebody will get slapped. In 15 minutes, there must have been 200 of each. 

Good luck Miami, I don't see this being a fun ride 

To be fair Anthony Lynn wasn't 'all that' in press conferences and the Chargers looked pretty good this year.

I'm also probably a bit biased right now because the SB advertisement with Anthony Lynn thanking his first responders was pretty great.