Important Offseason Dates 2019

ocemur

I did a couple of searches and didn't see this info I was looking for on the board. I thought maybe other folks might be looking for some of this at some point. If it's similar to another post, please delete or combine.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-19-important-nfl-dates/

Feb. 12 Beginning at 12:00 noon, New York time, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2019 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2019 season or who have an option for the 2019 season are not eligible to be signed.

Feb. 19 First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players. 

Feb. 26 -March 4NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

MARCH

March 5 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 11 -13Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2018 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

March 13 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2019 on all players who have option clauses in their 2018 contracts.

March 13 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 13 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2018 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

March 13 Top 51 Rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2019 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 13 All 2018 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 13 The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time. 

The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

March 13 Trading period for 2019 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2018 contracts.

March 24-27 Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.

APRIL

April 1 Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 15 Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 19 Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 25-272019 NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee.

MAY

May 3-6 Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 7 Deadline for prior club to send “May 7 Tender” to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents.  If the player has not signed a player contract with a club by July 22 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a player contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his prior club.

May 10-13 Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 13 Rookie Football Development Programs begin.

May 16-19 NFLPA Rookie Premiere. Invited rookies (typically, first and/or second-round selections) must be permitted by their respective clubs to attend. Such players are unavailable for offseason workouts, OTA days, and minicamps during this period.

May 20-22 Spring League Meeting, Key Biscayne, Florida.

JUNE

June 2 For any player removed from the club’s roster or whose contract is assigned via waivers or trade on or after June 2, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be included fully in team salary at the start of the 2020 league year.

June 3 Deadline for prior club to send “June 1 Tender” to its unsigned Restricted Free Agents who received a qualifying offer for a right of first refusal only in order for such player to be subject to the CBA’s “June 15 Tender” provision.

June 15 Deadline for club to withdraw qualifying offer to Restricted Free Agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting “June 15 Tender” of one-year contract at 110 percent of the player’s prior-year Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior-year contract carried forward unchanged).

Late June Rookie Transition Program to be held at individual clubs. Attendance is mandatory for all 2019 rookies.

JULY

July 15 At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension.  After this date, the player may sign only a one- year contract with his prior club for the 2019 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 16

Great job

The NFL is shrewd, they have managed to stretch out the season where there is always something just around the corner.  I  never thought people would actually sit and watch the combine but they do.  I walked into a sports bar last week and guys were actually watching practice, practice I tell you at the Senior Bowl and analyzing it.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Great job

The NFL is shrewd, they have managed to stretch out the season where there is always something just around the corner.  I  never thought people would actually sit and watch the combine but they day.  I walked into a sports bar last week and guys were actually watching practice, practice I tell you at the Senior Bowl and analyzing it.

Guilty as charged. Watched the senior bowl practice recap on NFLN every day. Will watch every second of the WR,RB, QB combines. Will watch every second of the draft. My name is bills2ref and I’m an addict. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Guilty as charged. Watched the senior bowl practice recap on NFLN every day. Will watch every second of the WR,RB, QB combines. Will watch every second of the draft. My name is bills2ref and I’m an addict. 

Thanks for sharing Bill......

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Now is the long offseason for the NFL.  Not much going on for us until Combine, and then March 11

True, but those dates and events will be here sooner than you think.

Bring on the off season!

And thank you, OP for the calendar!

On 2/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, Bills2ref said:

<Wall responds in unison>

“HI BILL!”

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:53 PM, ScottLaw said:

The offseason, where anything is possible for a Bills season... until they play the games.?

The Stadium Wall, where even an innocuous "offseason dates" thread incurs the wrath of ScottLaw...so angry!

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1