I take it all back - Jarod Goff is a California wimp!

The Senator

Goff looked just about how I expected him to look like against the Pats, and this was the main reason I really wanted Brees/Payton/the Saints going up against the Pats in the Super Bowl. Brees wouldve won that game 21-10. Cant send kids to play men who have been doing this for practically 20 years already.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GRHater69 said:

I kept wondering how many times Josh Allen would have scrambled out or bought time to make a play. Goff was a statue in the headlights.

I was thinking the same thing...put Allen on that team, and they win.  Or at least score.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Jared Goff is still a great QB.  He ran into a great defense and a HC who owns young QBs.  Give credit where it's due instead of blaming the young QB.

This was a battle between Belichick and Wade Phillips.  Belichick won.

Hardly a great quarterback but I agree that he should get a small break for age, lack of experience, and the fact he was playing Bellichek.   He still sucked though. 

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I didn't say Wade lost it for the Rams.  I said it was Wade vs. Belichick and Belichick won.

Wade and the Rams' D did a phenomenal job.  Belichick and the Pats' D simply did better.

Bellichek had Brady.  Wade had Goff.  Not a fair playing field.   

The Rams offense looked like one of the least qualified ever to be in a super bowl.  The defense did do a superb job of keeping the Pats* off the scoreboard though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Jared Goff is still a great QB.  He ran into a great defense and a HC who owns young QBs.  Give credit where it's due instead of blaming the young QB.

Goff has much to prove before he can claim "greatness"...he looked absolutely lost in the moment.

Hate to say it but this year was really the Rams' greatest window of opportunity.  IF Goff ever gets back I hope he learned a lot from such a humbling experience.

18 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

I would have preferred the Saints vs. Patriots, at least Brees would have put up some points,  but the NFL made that decision for me.

The NFL missed one call.  Sean Payton ran the clock like an idiot.  The Saints' D allowed the Rams to drive for the tying FG.  Drew Brees threw while being hit, resulting in an INT.  And then the Rams' kicker made a monster FG.

Stop being a victim.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, eball said:

Goff has much to prove before he can claim "greatness"...he looked absolutely lost in the moment.

Hate to say it but this year was really the Rams' greatest window of opportunity.  IF Goff ever gets back I hope he learned a lot from such a humbling experience.

The NFL missed one call.  Sean Payton ran the clock like an idiot.  The Saints' D allowed the Rams to drive for the tying FG.  Drew Brees threw while being hit, resulting in an INT.  And then the Rams' kicker made a monster FG.

Stop being a victim.

Yep.  I agree it's too early to call him "great."  He did, however, have a great season AND a very bad game last night.

I could not agree more with your sentiment re: the Saints and the missed call.  It's a 60 minute game.  One play does not make or break a game.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

And to think Wades D held the Pats to only 13 points. I don’t care what team you are, if your D can hold an opponent to 13 points you have a shot to win. Unless of course, you are the Bills. Oh well. 

Maybe BB won, but Wade did a HELL of a job. 

Edited by Idandria

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Wade and the Rams' D did a phenomenal job.  Belichick and the Pats' D simply did better.

This point is unassailable and should obvious to even a casual nfl observer. 

The Patriots defense should have been runner up in MVP voting.

They played at an elite level, even after Chung left.

Pass rush, coverage and run defense were top notch 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Idandria said:

And to think Wades D held the Pats to only 13 points. I don’t care what team you are, if your D can hold an opponent to 13 points you have a shot to win. Unless of course, you are the Bills. Oh well. 

Maybe BB won, but Wade did a HELL of a job. 

Could not agree more!

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

https://sportswire.app.link/2P4p64bp2T

pretty much says it all.  He was the worst player on the field yesterday 

To be fair I would add Goff's O-line to that list to - they didn't exactly do their jobs given that the LA QB was hit on 40% of his drop-backs!  Ditto for the LA O coaches who didn't exactly adjust to what NE was doing to them.