Super Bowl Ratings Hit 10-Year Low

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

I thought they already had their victory parade Saturday.

I think it only counts if somebody burns a couch. 

We had a couch in college that needed a good burning, but that’s another story....

6 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

People are tired of the same old Patriots script. You had to know after the neutral zone call to save them in the AFC Championship game that the NFL wasn’t going to let them lose the Super Bowl. I didn’t bother to watch as I’m sure millions of others felt the same way.

Some truth there.  After the "what holding?" call and a PI non-call I shut off the game and went over to the neighbor's hot tub.

I do think the fact that the Rams have yet to attract a strong fan following in LA had something to do with the low ratings, as well as the fact that the Pats*** were essentially playing a home game.

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think it's more "Rams! Rams!" than "Defense! Defense!" The Rams-Cowboys game in LA was for all intents and purposes a Cowboys home game, and the ratings for the Pats-KC game blew away the Rams-NO game. If the Saints had been in the SB, the ratings would have been a lot higher. It's hilarious to me that the league thinks that a team in LA improves their ratings. It very clearly doesn't as of yet because people in LA largely don't care about the Rams - at least not enough to regularly watch them. Just wait until the Chargers make the SB - then you'll see the lowest ratings of all time!!

I dont think its rams or defense.  Its Patriots fatigue. 

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some truth there.  After the "what holding?" call and a PI non-call I shut off the game and went over to the neighbor's hot tub.

I do think the fact that the Rams have yet to attract a strong fan following in LA had something to do with the low ratings, as well as the fact that the Pats*** were essentially playing a home game.

'

I think it's partly Patriots Fatigue and also a lack of understanding/appreciation for a defensive chess match between two great coaching staffs.  I loved the game.  But, then again, I love a pitchers' duel.

Casual fans like scoring.   They love TDs and HRs.  

I love good football and I thought last night was good football.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

'

I think it's partly Patriots Fatigue and also a lack of understanding/appreciation for a defensive chess match between two great coaching staffs.  I loved the game.  But, then again, I love a pitchers' duel.

Casual fans like scoring.   They love TDs and HRs.  

I love good football and I thought last night was good football.

I’ve actually come to appreciate defensive slug fests even more now that they are anomalous.... I’m sure the casual fan doesn’t. 

That being said I had a hard time enjoying anything about another pats W. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lousy ratings is what you can get when horrendous officiating and a d- lineman's inexcusable brainfart causes you to field a couple of backup teams in the championship game. I get that the Wade-BB matchup delivered something worthwhile for the football purist but Brees vs Mahomes would have been more fun to watch.

57 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Total viewership on all platforms was 100.7 million, down 2.7 million from last year.    The boycott by New Orleans fans (as well as butt hurt Kansas City fans) could account for most of that, all by itself.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/super-bowl-retains-nine-figure-audience-barely/

Well, plus fans in St Louis had at best, erm, mixed feelings

7 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Bills are the third most important reason the Pats have had this 16 year run , after HC and QB.   Of course we are interested. 

There is more truth to this than most would acknowledge.

Their divisional games account for at least 4 wins right off the bat, if not 5 or 6 per season.  The AFC East has been the most consistently poor division in the entire NFL over the last 20 years.  The other three teams have 2 "guaranteed" losses each season and the Patriots* have 4, 5, or 6 easy wins.

If they actually had some decent competition, it'd be interesting to see if they would have won as many division titles as they have.

22 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

There is more truth to this than most would acknowledge.

Their divisional games account for at least 4 wins right off the bat, if not 5 or 6 per season.  The AFC East has been the most consistently poor division in the entire NFL over the last 20 years.  The other three teams have 2 "guaranteed" losses each season and the Patriots* have 4, 5, or 6 easy wins.

If they actually had some decent competition, it'd be interesting to see if they would have won as many division titles as they have.

even 1 more loss per year can be the difference between home field advantage throughout and playing on wild card weekend. 

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The only hope we really have for fellow Buffalo Fans to snap them out of this Defense Matters Crutch...is for Josh Allen to light it up in 2019.  Only when Buffalo has an offense for the first time in the 21st Century...hopefully the old guard of defense defense defense will fade away and we can start enjoying football in the 21st Century.

Boy asshats are asshats to the core aren't they?

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

football fans don't boycott the Super Bowl....

[or they don't realize they are acting like they don't care about the trophy girlfriend that just dumped them, so they are drinking to black out the last 21 nights, but they are over her totally]

nobody watches the Stanley Cup or World Series unless the Yankees or their team is playing....

BS.  I'm a die hard football fan since 1963 and I didn't watch a second of the game. Didn't find out the outcome till the next day. The Rams didn't belong there and I hate the Pats. Why waste a good Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

BS.  I'm a die hard football fan since 1963 and I didn't watch a second of the game. Didn't find out the outcome till the next day. The Rams didn't belong there and I hate the Pats. Why waste a good Sunday.

Agreed.  I did the same last year with the Patriots* in the super bowl.  We were in Hawaii and just relaxed poolside at the house we rented on the Big Island.