Super Bowl Ratings Hit 10-Year Low

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

It was the first SB in 17 years that I didn't watch. It was due to the Patriots, and I know other people felt the same way. 

Amen! The NFL owners are to blame for this though, they control Goodell.

This includes Pegulas too!

First super bowl I have missed since 1983, the first i ever saw.  The gap

between NE and every other team in the league makes me sick to my stomach.

The NO call has me convinced the nfl is being run somewhat like wrestling, 

I like these forums and all,  but i have had enough of the nfl.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The only hope we really have for fellow Buffalo Fans to snap them out of this Defense Matters Crutch...is for Josh Allen to light it up in 2019.  Only when Buffalo has an offense for the first time in the 21st Century...hopefully the old guard of defense defense defense will fade away and we can start enjoying football in the 21st Century.

Hmmm, ok interesting take. So why is it that I can’t have both? Seems to me like the Pats can turn it on and off on either side of the ball at will, and in fact rode their D to the W last night. How about instead of aspiring to become one dimensionally great, we go nuts and are good on both sides of the ball? That’s my vote OP. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think it's more "Rams! Rams!" than "Defense! Defense!" The Rams-Cowboys game in LA was for all intents and purposes a Cowboys home game, and the ratings for the Pats-KC game blew away the Rams-NO game. If the Saints had been in the SB, the ratings would have been a lot higher. It's hilarious to me that the league thinks that a team in LA improves their ratings. It very clearly doesn't as of yet because people in LA largely don't care about the Rams - at least not enough to regularly watch them. Just wait until the Chargers make the SB - then you'll see the lowest ratings of all time!!

So are ratings meaningless then?  What is the financial benefit of an LA team if this is the case?  I'm assuming that there is a reason.

9 minutes ago, Jobot said:

So are ratings meaningless then?  What is the financial benefit of an LA team if this is the case?  I'm assuming that there is a reason.

I beleive Kronke is the richest owner in the nfl right now. Plus he paid the other owners half a billion to move.

10 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I think the league made overly rosy assumptions about fan enthusiasm for the Rams/Chargers in that market.  Those teams don't really help ratings nationally. 

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I even live in Atlanta and didn't check out any of the week's activities. No desire to wade into the sea of #12 and #87 jerseys. 

Can't wait to see how many of their die hard fans bail after Belichick's retirement.

You shoulda gone down there.  It was fun.

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The only hope we really have for fellow Buffalo Fans to snap them out of this Defense Matters Crutch...is for Josh Allen to light it up in 2019.  Only when Buffalo has an offense for the first time in the 21st Century...hopefully the old guard of defense defense defense will fade away and we can start enjoying football in the 21st Century.

Maybe we should just remove the defense altogether and just have the offenses play against air. There would be so many points scored for fans like you!

So folks tuned out because there was not enough scoring?

And here I thought it was because most everyone outside of Boston is sick of seeing NE in the post season and the Rams shafted what fan base they had by moving to LA?

Go figure.

• Like (+1) 1

A team that everyone is sick of that gets plenty of help throughout the year to get there, and a team that doesn't have a fan base and doesn't deserve to be there to begin with. Also, the most boring game in Superbowl history played between a team that was (admirably so) playing so far above their talent level that they won but couldn't do much in the process, and a team that was revealed to be super vanilla... 

Yeah... This isn't surprising. 

And the commercials are ***** now. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

A team that everyone is sick of that gets plenty of help throughout the year to get there, and a team that doesn't have a fan base and doesn't deserve to be there to begin with. Also, the most boring game in Superbowl history played between a team that was (admirably so) playing so far above their talent level that they won but couldn't do much in the process, and a team that was revealed to be super vanilla... 

Yeah... This isn't surprising. 

And the commercials are ***** now. 

Couldn't have said it better. 

Especially the commercials.  Other than the movie spots and Anthony Lynn it was basically we sell beer and we sell cars. 

I really wonder how much revenue they generate from these commercials because it's the super bowl vs their normal TV spot on a Wednesday afternoon. 

I didn't watch for the 3rd straight year, the patriots just don't interest me. It wasn't a boycott or anything, it was that I just didn't care, I didn't even know the outcome until about 10 this morning. ... I Watched something else all day yesterday.

About 8:30 I took my garbage to the curb and on a street where there are usually a few Super Bowl parties going on and tons of cars on the street, it was empty, crickets if you will.

A friend of mine went up to a bar that we've watched a few other Super Bowls at,  a place that's always busy during a game, and he said it was dead. No one there.

Seems that people weren't thrilled with the NFL's selection for this game.