Does Brady finally hang it up now?

blacklabel

10 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Right. Because people never say one thing and then change their minds later after things have transpired. Thanks for your contribution. 

Yeah he's answered the question over and over and over again.  So let's talk about if he really really really means it.  Great thread start - you are simply a wonder.  

15 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Change the rules for passers back to the fairly recent time when Brett Farve got repeatedly mugged in the NFC championship game. Brady will be out the door, pronto.......

Oh man, I remember that game. I truly felt like they were gonna be wheeling Favre out of the stadium. He got pummeled on almost every passing down.

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You could have just stopped here....

I could've. But I didn't. 

12 hours ago, White Linen said:

Yeah he's answered the question over and over and over again.  So let's talk about if he really really really means it.  Great thread start - you are simply a wonder.  

Aw man. I couldn't have done it without your support. 

....perhaps Mt. Rushmore Jim?...SMH............

Jim Harbaugh wants a Tom Brady statue at Michigan

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2019, 5:49 AM EST

Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh wants the university to recognize one of its own, Tom Brady.

Harbaugh said on his podcast that he thinks a Brady statue should be erected on campus.

“I think it’s time, don’t you, for a Tom Brady statue to be built right here,” Harbaugh said, via CFT. “Right in front of Schembechler Hall, or do you put it in the stadium? Where do you put the Tom Brady statue?”

When the greatest of all time played in your program, that’s something you celebrate, Harbaugh said.

I see no problem with this thread and I'm not sure why the OP is getting flamed so much.

It's a fair question and he backed it up with observations that he made.

That said, I don't think Brady will stop playing anymore until a) he can no longer play, or b) the Patriots have little/no shot at being among the best in the conference.

Barring some off-season disaster, I think he'll play next year and I think the Patriots will be one of the best teams in the AFC.

At this point, I'm just hoping next season is his last.

Tom Brady will have to be knocked out of the league. Teams should send all out blitzes and hit him on every pass on time or after its out. Watching the mic’d up of the Super Bowl it was apparent the zebras didn’t like Donald tossing Brady to the ground which was a routine play. Probably only got away with it because of his own star power. That said remember back in the day defenders were allowed to drive the QB into the ground and land on them? Oh how I miss the good ole days. 

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tom Brady will have to be knocked out of the league. Teams should send all out blitzes and hit him on every pass on time or after its out. Watching the mic’d up of the Super Bowl it was apparent the zebras didn’t like Donald tossing Brady to the ground which was a routine play. Probably only got away with it because of his own star power. That said remember back in the day defenders were allowed to drive the QB into the ground and land on them? Oh how I miss the good ole days. 

I know the league gives Brady preferrential treatment, but somebody explain to me how the hell the first one isn't a penalty as he throws him to the ground well after he got rid of the ball and the second one isn't.  Ridiculous.  The league has to fix this somehow.

kirk-cousins-clay-matthews-gif.gif

You wonder what's really going through his mind, I till got it lets go for #7 next year, or does he realize he just completed a season somewhat similar to Peyton Manning's last year.  Even in this years Super Bowl, he threw many bad passes and all regular season he was often shaky.  Granted in the 4th quarter both against KC and the Rams, he was vintage Brady (and vintage Gronk).

I'd think Brady would step down before going out like Manning, the question is does he truly think he's still got it or is he beginning to realize he's struggling.  Probably the best thing for him would be for Gronk to retire and use the $9 mil or so he was being paid on other younger WR's nd TE.

The one thing he does have going is it seems like his line has turned around and is much  improved.  Can recall a couple years back the line was very shaky.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:11 AM, Success said:

He won’t this year - but he won’t get to 45, imo.

I’m more interested in Scarnecchia.  Brady actually IS declining, and without the protection he is used to, will have a tough time getting through the season.

Sure he will make it to 45

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Routine? Try again

On February 4, 2019 at 8:25 AM, billsfan5121 said:

I get that he doesn’t have anything else to prove, but there are always achievements to be had.

1: Most team SB wins- 6

He could beat the Steelers on his own.

2: Most consecutive SB appearances- 4

He could tie that next season.

3: He already has the record but he could appear in his 10th SB next season.

Really, we could go on and on.  Career passing yardage (though Brees would likely keep him from that).  

The only glimmer of hope is he has been to the SB over 50% of his career.  If he misses next year, he’d have to go the following year, and the year after that I think?

But I believe the ability to go to 4 would be more important than losing the going to the SB >50% stat.  

Win 3 straight Super Bowls.  No team has done that.

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You wonder what's really going through his mind, I till got it lets go for #7 next year, or does he realize he just completed a season somewhat similar to Peyton Manning's last year.  Even in this years Super Bowl, he threw many bad passes and all regular season he was often shaky.  Granted in the 4th quarter both against KC and the Rams, he was vintage Brady (and vintage Gronk).

I'd think Brady would step down before going out like Manning, the question is does he truly think he's still got it or is he beginning to realize he's struggling.  Probably the best thing for him would be for Gronk to retire and use the $9 mil or so he was being paid on other younger WR's nd TE.

The one thing he does have going is it seems like his line has turned around and is much  improved.  Can recall a couple years back the line was very shaky.

He threw the ball 40+ yards no sweat to targets when he wanted to, why do you keep forgetting this?

if you let him win with a ground game and short/medium passes, why risk the long ball?

On 2/10/2019 at 9:37 AM, row_33 said:

He threw the ball 40+ yards no sweat to targets when he wanted to, why do you keep forgetting this?

if you let him win with a ground game and short/medium passes, why risk the long ball?

Well I guess then he must want to throw a bunch of bad passes too then that in prior years didn't seem to happen.  Granted when the chips were down the passes got completed, but sure saw many more bad passes than I did in prior years.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:38 AM, Bangarang said:

How many times does this need to be asked? 

How many vaginas does Tom have?   There'' your answer   ;)

On 2/4/2019 at 11:45 AM, teef said:

i have to imagine this is the case too.  why wouldn't he try?  they have a relatively easy time getting the superbowl.

He's got a LONG way to go to beat this    v 

yogi.jpg

18 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well I guess then he must want to throw a bunch of bad passes too then that in prior years didn't seem to happen.  Granted when the chips were down the passes got completed, but sure saw many more bad passes than I did in prior years.

He won....

next argument from bitterness?