Does Brady finally hang it up now?

blacklabel

21 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

If he didn’t still care, he wouldn’t still be playing.  He hasn’t had anything to prove in what, 5 years?  He was a first ballot HOFer if he retired in 2014.  So why play the last few seasons?  He wants to keep adding to his legacy.  

...or maybe he doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to his super model wife and just be a stay at home dad.  LOL

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

...or maybe he doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to his super model wife and just be a stay at home dad.  LOL

Fair enough.  It’s not like I know the guy but I just assume as a competitor, if I can see certain milestones staring him in the face, he sees those same milestones.  If you think you can play, and you have something big in front of you, you go for it.  That’s all I’m saying.  

So many of us have already brought up 4 straight Super Bowls.  It’s frequently been said that it’ll never happen again.  He has a shot to prove everyone wrong.  If I were him, I’d go for it

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Also, I’m sure he’s second fiddle anyways, but I’m sure he’ll get paid in retirement all the backpay he is entitled to for circumventing the salary cap with his “team friendly” deals!

Just now, youngjebrey said:

He sucked last night. If he plays like that at the start of next season it’ll be fun. 

No he didn't. He had a rough start (he was fooled by the coverage scheme on the pass to Hogan, who he clearly thought would be wide open), but he got it done in the 4th quarter during crunch time. It wasn't his best game, but then again the Rams' defense played well. People forget that early in the season Talib was out for something like ten games. He's an elite cover corner.  Once he came back, the Rams D suddenly got a whole lot better.

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

He obviously doesnt care about his kids.

...I'd say that's a bit unfair and over the top...at the same time, you have SIX rings all with ONE team....NEVER happens again.....worth mega millions and still healthy.....think Stingley ever envisioned the Tatum hit and the consequences?.....think Seau ever contemplated taking his own life while playing a game he loved due to CTE?......why the hell NOT go out on top?......ego?....rubbing it in a bit more?.......post playing days, be assured Kraft would give him a job for life in some capacity...............

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

If I’m Brady I go for ring #7. Now it’s on the Bills to get #1.

Yeah, it's a fool's game to wait and hope that you can have the division championship, conference championship and Super Bowl title just handed to you.  If the Bills want it, they will have to go get it.  It's always been that way.  I long for the day when we don't see Brady or Belichick in the league anymore, but if Buffalo doesn't work their collective butt off, somebody else will take Bradichik's spot as king of the hill when they're gone anyway.

You'll know when he's about to retire when the Patriots start formulating and placing a succession plan into effect for QB.  Brian Hoyer aint that.  Brady would never leave Kraft, Bellichick and his teammates in the lurch to just up and decide in the off-season to not come back.  He's back next season for sure.

2 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

If the Bills make the right decisions in the off season and JA keep progressing, then it wouldn't matter if Brady played or retire. 

Then we will flap our arms and fly to the moon

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ha! Great reference 33 to the old ST pilot episode and certainly feels that way at times. Without googling it, I think that was The Menagerie?

Oh yeah, the two part use of the pilot!!!

one beep for Edelman and two beeps to hand it off to one of three nobody RBs

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Change the rules for passers back to the fairly recent time when Brett Farve got repeatedly mugged in the NFC championship game. Brady will be out the door, pronto.......

It was okay for two men to go right at Favre’s knees that game a few times

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Farve got the crap kicked out of him. The NFL should 'help' Tom by reinstating those relaxed rules about hitting the passer. Brady will be permanently at the beach in the blink of an eye.

I wasn’t cheering for anyone that game but geez they went right at his knees and the announcers must have been told not to mention it

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

I was pulling for the old b*stard.

Announcers want to keep their jobs. They mostly sweep the truth under the rug for most NFL games, and have for years......

That was iconic for knee attacking