Does Brady finally hang it up now?

blacklabel

Brady will retire or be traded when BB decides he has a better option at QB.  cf: Drew Bledsoe.  Everyone was shocked when BB dumped Bledsoe, but he knew what he had in Brady so … that was the end of that.  It was BB's decision, not Bledsoe's.

Really interested to see who NE drafts this year.  If they go high for a QB, or use multiple picks on QBs - we will know BB has made his decision.

3 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Brady will retire or be traded when BB decides he has a better option at QB.  cf: Drew Bledsoe.  Everyone was shocked when BB dumped Bledsoe, but he knew what he had in Brady so … that was the end of that.  It was BB's decision, not Bledsoe's.

Really interested to see who NE drafts this year.  If they go high for a QB, or use multiple picks on QBs - we will know BB has made his decision.

Kraft is going to let Brady play for however long he wants to. Belicheck was ready to hand the reigns over to Garoppolo but got overruled and was then forced into trading him.

Edited by billieve420

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Kraft is going to let Brady play for however long he wants to. Belicheck was ready to hand the reigns over to Garoppolo but got overruled and was then forced into trading him.

Thats not entirely true.

SF originally calledfor Garrapolo in the spring of 17. BB stated they werent trading him. Lynch then asked about a trade for Brady. BB laughed and said " you want me to trade the reinging mvp"?. So no deal was made.  At the start of traing camp. The pats offered Garrapolo 2 years 24 million guaranteed bridge deal. He turned it down.

Garrapolo was kept as long as they could. Since he didn't sign the extension they had no choice but to trade him.

Kraft never got involved and forced a trade. BB was not going into the season with 48 million in cap on 2 qbs.

26 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

and again the Pats win

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Thats not entirely true.

SF originally calledfor Garrapolo in the spring of 17. BB stated they werent trading him. Lynch then asked about a trade for Brady. BB laughed and said " you want me to trade the reinging mvp"?. So no deal was made.  At the start of traing camp. The pats offered Garrapolo 2 years 24 million guaranteed bridge deal. He turned it down.

Garrapolo was kept as long as they could. Since he didn't sign the extension they had no choice but to trade him.

Kraft never got involved and forced a trade. BB was not going into the season with 48 million in cap on 2 qbs.

No one will ever know truly what happened behind the scenes but there was there were definite issues within that group. I truly believe Belicheck would have kept Garrapolo and moved on from Brady which is something he has been known to do with his star players in the past. Move on from them before they start to trend downward.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/report-patriots-owner-kraft-forced-belichick-trade-garoppolo

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

2 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

I get that he doesn’t have anything else to prove, but there are always achievements to be had.

1: Most team SB wins- 6

He could beat the Steelers on his own.

2: Most consecutive SB appearances- 4

He could tie that next season.

3: He already has the record but he could appear in his 10th SB next season.

Really, we could go on and on.  Career passing yardage (though Brees would likely keep him from that).  

The only glimmer of hope is he has been to the SB over 50% of his career.  If he misses next year, he’d have to go the following year, and the year after that I think?

But I believe the ability to go to 4 would be more important than losing the going to the SB >50% stat.  

He is a sure fire unanimous first ballot HoF'er, is in the top 5 for most passing records all-time, and has won 6 Super Bowls.  Do you really believe he cares about the things listed above?  I still cling to the hope that last nights win will be enough to convince him to ride off into the sunset.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

No one will ever know truly what happened behind the scenes but there was there were definite issues within that group. I truly believe Belicheck would have kept Garrapolo and moved on from Brady which is something he has been known to do with his star players in the past. Move on from them before they start to trend downward.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/report-patriots-owner-kraft-forced-belichick-trade-garoppolo

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

Those are speculation from writers that have deadlines.

The issue was between Brady and BB. Brady wanted Guerro on the sideline. Basically Brady thought he was busting his balls. Bellichick has since givin in a bit on that.

35 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Those are speculation from writers that have deadlines.

The issue was between Brady and BB. Brady wanted Guerro on the sideline. Basically Brady thought he was busting his balls. Bellichick has since givin in a bit on that.

Kraft and Brady are extremely close. I doubt if Belicheck truly wanted to move on that Kraft would allow for it to happen. At this point doesn't matter much because they still win regardless. Brady is the starting QB until he is ready to hang up his cleats or gets injured.

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Kraft and Brady are extremely close. I doubt if Belichick truly wanted to move on that Kraft would allow for it to happen. At this point doesn't matter much because they still win regardless. Brady is the starting QB until he is ready to hang up his cleats or gets injured.

Pretty close?  How close?

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

He is a sure fire unanimous first ballot HoF'er, is in the top 5 for most passing records all-time, and has won 6 Super Bowls.  Do you really believe he cares about the things listed above?  I still cling to the hope that last nights win will be enough to convince him to ride off into the sunset.

If he didn’t still care, he wouldn’t still be playing.  He hasn’t had anything to prove in what, 5 years?  He was a first ballot HOFer if he retired in 2014.  So why play the last few seasons?  He wants to keep adding to his legacy.