Does Brady finally hang it up now?

blacklabel

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

After trudging off to bed last night I half expected to hear some sort of announcement that either Brady or BB would announce their retirement postgame and I would awake this morning with some sort of renewed hope. I hope it happens soon. There is literally nothing left for either to play for. Nobody is even in the same stratosphere as they are. Please just walk away!

Quit crying like a little girl , this is embarrassing     ( please walk away , geez man ) 

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

I hope not, I want the Bills to be the ones to knock them off. Give us one more chance.

This ^^^^^^

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They would be foolish to not look for the next Jimmy G. But it doesn't mean much. Kraft is in Brady's corner. 

I'm not expecting them to draft a QB (at least with a high pick), but I wonder if they will concentrate on building an offense geared towards running the ball, maybe even drafting a RB high. I know Michel was good, but I don't consider him "elite".

3 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I'm not expecting them to draft a QB (at least with a high pick), but I wonder if they will concentrate on building an offense geared towards running the ball, maybe even drafting a RB high. I know Michel was good, but I don't consider him "elite".

I think that they so something.  Perhaps trade for Foles.  Foles comes in knowing Brady is top dog until his body says otherwise.  Foles gets an assurance that Bill B will be around for at least 5-6 more years to have some of that magic come Foles' direction and win a couple rings.  Depending on Brady's mood he reworks his contract down to league minimum to make that happen.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope- he’s going to have be dragged off the field

Unfortunately, most great players don't willingly leave the sport as a player.  They stop when nobody will play them anymore.  In some ways, that could be something to look forward to.  Kraft finally decides to give in to Belichick.   Belichick, trying to prove he's the GOAT coach, decides he's going to make Brian Hoyer (or some other scrub) the centerpiece of his offense and cans Brady.  Brady gets mad and publishes a tell all book revealing there is spite and pettiness all through the organization from owner on down.  I might even read that book!

• Haha (+1) 2

Apart from the TD drive, I felt like Brady did a lot of un-Bradylike QB'ing last night...did BB purposely minimize the load on his shoulders? I know he'll always have sneaky old man game, and you can't show him anything he hasn't seen before, but I also can't remember a Pats SB where he was that ineffective when looking at the whole, which is unusual for him. That said, I'm out of the business of prognosticating when he will leave, when his physical prowess is leaving him, etc. I am left with simply hope that it will be sooner rather than later, and faith that Allen will be the single greatest factor in vaulting the Bills over top the Pats in the division in the very near future.  

15 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

At least one more year to tie/ better record for 4 straight sb appearances. 

Let us at least have that small crumb...:(

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

OK, first off, yes I'm aware he's said there's "zero" chance of him walking away. I'm also aware that he's said he wants to play into his mid-40's...

However, I picked up on a few interesting things yesterday. During the 347 hours of pre-game stuff, there was an interview with Romo and Brady. Romo asked him if he still plans on playing after this season and Brady said something to the effect of he feels kind of "stuck" to playing in his mid-40s because that's what he's said but in the same breath he alluded to the fact that he's probably going to wait and see. Then, Nantz mentioned that when they spoke to Brady on Saturday night he stated that he's had so much support from family and friends that he can't wait for the day when he has more time to devote to his family and reciprocate all the support they've shown him throughout his career. Finally, during the post-game interview, he kinda stopped himself from saying what seemed like he was gonna go home, spend time with family and see where he was at. He caught himself though, and just said he can't wait to be around his family more.

There was also a persistent rumor from early in the season that people close to him were saying he would likely retire if he won another Super Bowl. Welp, mission accomplished. And for the longest time I really couldn't figure out what else he had left to achieve. He's done it all. I know he's hit a stage in his career where he's being told he can't do it anymore because age is catching up to him and his motivation has always been the "tell me I can't" thing that's kept him going. But in terms of achievements I really thought there was nothing left... then during the game they mentioned how Brady was tied with Charles Haley for the player with the most Super Bowl wins, each with five. Well, now Brady stands alone with six SB victories, the most ever for any player. So maybe that was his final motivation? I'm just spit-ballin' on that one but out of all the things he's done, that was one he didn't have until now. 

So given some of his answers and the way he talked after the post-game, I got the vibe that at the very least, he's going to contemplate retirement and talk it over with family. The Patriots are also set to endure quite a bit of turnover heading into next season as they have 18 pending free agents right now. They have a truckload of picks as well but either way, there'll be some familiar faces ending their time in New England. I've also heard that Kraft is set to hand over day to day operations to his kid in the very near future and from what I've read, neither Brady or Belichick wanna be around for that. Could be all hearsay, who knows. Just some food for thought.

So what's everyone think? Does the GOAT finally ride off into the sunset (on a goat)?

So lets tell him he cant retire.

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Unfortunately, most great players don't willingly leave the sport as a player.  They stop when nobody will play them anymore.  In some ways, that could be something to look forward to.  Kraft finally decides to give in to Belichick.   Belichick, trying to prove he's the GOAT coach, decides he's going to make Brian Hoyer (or some other scrub) the centerpiece of his offense and cans Brady.  Brady gets mad and publishes a tell all book revealing there is spite and pettiness all through the organization from owner on down.  I might even read that book!

He is the GOAT Coach and guess who has more Rings than Brady.

1 hour ago, LittleSammy said:

Show Brady the tape of Alex Smith's and Joe Theisman's leg injuries and maybe that will help him make his decision to retire. Get out while your body is in one piece!

Maybe playing Theisman's career ending broken leg tape on a continuous loop while the Pats*** are doing warmups at New Era Field would do the trick.

1 hour ago, OJ Tom said:

They already ran the ball well this year. I believe they finished 5th in rushing yards which is the highest ranking of any Brady lead Patriot team I believe. I'm not sure how much improvement they need in that area.  Michel is just the kind of back they need. And Burkhead is a good compliment. They will need to look for a replacement for Gronk and upgrades at the #2 and #3 WR position. Hogan doesn't seem to be cutting it.