Great Job by Wade Phillips

3 minutes ago, 947 said:

I was really disappointed that Wade didn't make any adjustments on Edelman. He continued to allow Edelman to stay open in the short zone without spying him. Brady's arm isn't what it used to be, make him throw downfield more & it's a different ballgame.

Dude, Wade was trying to cover Edelman.  Edelman was juking defenders out of their jocks.  Triple him up and you leave someone else open.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's one where you gotta wonder if Wade didn't want a time out to reset his guys and McVay wanted to save 'em.

Overall, I think you're right, they held up pretty stout given the big TOP disparity but in the end they wore down.

Is MvVay from the Andy Reid coaching shrub?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, Wade was trying to cover Edelman.  Edelman was juking defenders out of their jocks.  Triple him up and you leave someone else open.

Edelman ruined Talib .  Bilateral air casts...

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is still not evidence the defense played bad.  That is what good defenses do...especially in the "era of offense" 

They have to get off the field. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

His original point was that the Rams defense didn't play well this game.  That seems like a wild take. 

Oh, he's wrong then.  The Rams D did not get pushed around despite being on the field way too much.

Their O had what, One first down? two? in the entire first half?  That's a stunning display of offensive impotence, but the Rams D held tough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Edelman ruined Talib .  Bilateral air casts...

They have to get off the field. 

No defense is history gets 3 and outs on every drive.  They literally did get off the field.  

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, he's wrong then.  The Rams D did not get pushed around despite being on the field way too much.

Their O had what, One first down? two? in the entire first half?  That's a stunning display of offensive impotence, but the Rams D held tough.

I think he expects that every drive should end in a 3 and out or the defense is getting pushed around. 

36 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 1st td attempt to Cooks in the back of the end zone waVall Goffs fault. Way to late getting it off. The 2nd one to Cooks was Gilmore's arm bar ignored. McVay and his offense were terrible. Wade did his job.

Still. Cooks should come down with it both times. On first It was as much Goff’s fault as cooks. Same as dolphins clay Allen play more or less. 

On second, NFL WRs need to make those contested catches. 

My my conclusion is is Edelman was mvp, cooks was LVP

These nfl WRs that wait for the ball instead of coming to it and attacking it perplex me. 

Yes Wade did a good job, Billy just did a better one. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, that's not what we are talking about.  It's not even worth mentioning actually. 

But thats the standard you have created for yourself.  I mean, you are dissatisfied with the Pats being held to FOUR field goal attempts and a touchdown.  That is a stellar outing for any defense in the modern NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 947 said:

I was really disappointed that Wade didn't make any adjustments on Edelman. He continued to allow Edelman to stay open in the short zone without spying him. Brady's arm isn't what it used to be, make him throw downfield more & it's a different ballgame.

there is no way to cover Edelman's routes, it's been years of this

what is scary is that they are scripted, because Brady doesn't throw to the left when his Brownian Motion jukes fade to the right

and you can't triple-team him

Rams defense played very well. That DL was setting up shop in the Pats' backfield from the start. The only thing they weren't able to do was shorten more of those NE drives. They did more than enough to give their team a chance to win. All the blame goes on the offense for not adjusting and making too many mistakes. On the one drive where they looked like they were gonna maybe tie it up, Goff gets rattled way too easy and tosses up a wobbler that Gilmore comes down with. Goff was uncomfortable all night and McVay did him no favors by keeping Gurley on the sidelines. McVay has already owned the loss, as he should, he was completely dismantled and out-coached. 

7 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

But thats the standard you have created for yourself.  I mean, you are dissatisfied with the Pats being held to FOUR field goal attempts and a touchdown.  That is a stellar outing for any defense in the modern NFL. 

It's not at all.

I'm saying that the Rams D wasn't that great last night.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not at all.

I'm saying that the Rams D wasn't that great last night.

it was a good game, the better prepped and executing team won, as usual, intangibles didn't drag them down

not the best D I've seen in my 47 or so watched ones, but a good effort to hold Brady to only 13 points

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

At least two Rams TDs dropped, but Pats defense as always this time of year was brutal and suffocating 

Suffocating?

Yes and no.

There was good coverage but I saw a young QB (and team) who looked tentative and in over their heads.

As mentioned there was at least 1 dropped TD . I also saw Goff waiting to see his guys open at times, thus allowing the DB to make the play.

Coaching??? A hand off on 3-22 in the 4 th with about 10 minutes left? SERIOUSLY???

I know I’m not the only one who saw this Coming. You shouldn’t play to not lose in the SB. The Rams did...... and lost in the Worst SB I’ve seen.

Also, can ANY team learn to play Edelman “ man to zone” so when he runs that effing pick play the nearest DB jumps the route?!

Edited by Buffalo Boy

32 minutes ago, 947 said:

Did you see Edelman's moves?  Unbelievable.  I'm not sure how you cover that guy.  I thought they'd put Barron on him.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Suffocating?

Yes and no.

There was good coverage but I saw a young QB (and team) who looked tentative and in over their heads.

As mentioned there was at least 1 dropped TD . I also saw Goff waiting to see his guys open at times, thus allowing the DB to make the play.

Coaching??? A hand off on 3-22 in the 4 th with about 10 minutes left? SERIOUSLY???

I know I’m not the only one who saw this Coming. You shouldn’t play to not lose in the SB. The Rams did...... and lost in the Worst SB I’ve seen.

Pats D came hard at him and he flinched

I have never seen a hit like Van Noy delivered open field, not a QB going down in that kind of posture before