Who's more overrated...goff or mcvay

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Agreed.    SDS should just change the name of this site to Two Hot Takes Drive and be done with it...

Dunno - I did not think it was going to be an offensive show down.

Brady with his noodle arm, and how heavily Belichick had been running the ball towards the season's end. That, and the respect I have for Wade's defensive planning, had me thinking this was going to be a low-scoring defensive game - enough so, that I convinced myself not to watch it. I can get into a good defensive game, but not one where there is a 50% chance (or better) that NE hoists the Lombardi trophy at the end.

I honestly did not think the Rams would only put 3 on the board, but I did think that Belichick would find a way to slow the game down a lot and make life miserable for Goff. 

I said it after the Chief's game and I will say it again to all those NFL fans that roast the Bills and Buffalo, "welcome to our world" noobs.

And we get to go up against that coach twice a year.

Edited by WideNine

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its both.  Doesn’t mean they won’t keep getting better, but it’s both.  Funny all year I got flamed by people for the following statements:

1.  McVay needs to win something before being crowned the next king.

2.  Goff isn’t as good as the stats suggest, he doesn’t handle pressure well at all.  

3.  Defense still matters.

4.  Pats demise is over exaggerated and they are still the Pats until proven otherwise. 

5.  Belichick is a defensive genius.  Still can’t believe how many people argued he’s an offensive HC now when they were trying to prove defense is dead.

All of that was served up on a platter yesterday for a lot of people.  Funny, I seriously doubt that any of them change their mind and probably still dispute all of the above even now.

This is more my point.  People were naming him the next great coach and I just haven't seen it. Calling a gimmick play or going for it on 4th or faking a punt are great when they work...but not necessarily the greatest decisions.  

And goff.  Hes bottom 10 starters in my opinion.  

I couldn’t figure out why the Rams waited to get to break the huddle with 15 seconds on the clock when they did the exact opposite all year.  Talk about over-thinking.  Maybe Goff really depends on the helmet-microphone coaching at the line. It looked like it messed up their pre-snap rhythm.  It looked like Goff wasn’t sure what to do, and didn’t have a lot of time to figure it out, and I don’t know why the Rams didn’t scrap that dumb idea mid game. 

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Look, Goff might not be a top 5 qb, but I don’t think teenage girls overreact more to one game than football fans.  Yeah, I’d hate if Josh Allen put together back to back seasons where he totaled 60 tds.  I definitely would be thinking about a replacement. 

I can only speak for myself, but I've been saying this literally all year and maybe last season too. The stats are nice, but if you've watched him play, it's pretty clear to see that he's the result of an awesome scheme and awesome surrounding talent. He's a fine QB, probably above-average starter, maybe just average if you're a little more pessimistic. But to me, what makes the Rams special is that their roster is just stacked with talent everywhere and signing Goff to a massive contract will cost them a lot of that talent.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, MDH said:

Goff. He plays well when Gurley is carrying  the team and he can work off play action. The moment Goff has to try and carry the team he’s not just average, he’s garbage.

That said McVay should have his feet held to the fire for the way he used Gurley in the NFC Championship game and the SB. Best back in the NFL and he uses a guy who wasnt on a roster late in the season with instead.

I was dumbfounded why Mcvay did not use Gurley more.  The Rams best chance of winning was riding Gurley & he is going to split time with Anderson?  You got to be kidding me.  

Goff.  He has a nice live arm.  He can run a designed play the way it is designed, but I don't think he's the kind of leader you want at QB, and when he's facing a real smart defensive coach, the defensive coach will be able to disrupt Goff's rhythm by taking away what the play is designed to do.  A better QB can make the read and improvise.

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

To me, it is 2 different questions. Goff is overrated because he isn’t very good. McVay is better at his job than Goff is at his. With that being said, McVay was a bigger problem in the Super Bowl than Goff. 

I can't figure out what McVay actually did for two weeks that he was so unprepared for what NE presented.    Seems like Wade was prepared so why wasn't McVay?

A lot has already been said about the gameplans but I'd add that NE dangled some tantalizing deep throws to Goff,   he couldn't make them,  and those are the plays that everyone will remember.

Anyone who watched him try to get the ball deep to Sammy Watkins in 2017 knew that Goff just isn't that guy.    He can stroke an intermediate throw with the best of them(and that's why he's such a great match with Bob Woods) but the deep stuff is not his thing and the Pats got him to do what he doesn't do well and even when the intermediate stuff was open late he was still taking the cheese.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1