Who's more overrated...goff or mcvay

Hebert19

At this point NEITHER Goff or Mcvay is overrated.  They just played in a Superbowl which is something that more then 90% of the NFL's QB's & coaches weren't able to do this year.

The fact that they lost the Super Bowl doesn't really tell us much about how good both these guys are.  And as Buffalo Bill's fans we should understand this better then most people.

IMO it wasn't Gurly's "injury" that messed with the Rams offense but the loss of their outstanding slot receiver Cupp.  Since this guy went down it seemed like the Rams O lost their rhythm. 

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

At this point NEITHER Goff or Mcvay is overrated.  They just played in a Superbowl which is something that more then 90% of the NFL's QB's & coaches weren't able to do this year.

The fact that they lost the Super Bowl doesn't really tell us much about how good both these guys are.  And as Buffalo Bill's fans we should understand this better then most people.

IMO it wasn't Gurly's "injury" that messed with the Rams offense but the loss of their outstanding slot receiver Cupp.  Since this guy went down it seemed like the Rams O lost their rhythm. 

Rams sucked it up and gave great manly interviews after the game, they'll be back but it's hard to return from the NFC.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Difference.

When you look like McVay and have a girl like that, you got  "game".

When you look like Wade Phillips and have a girl like that, you got  "$$$$" .

I dont think it takes game to get a girl like her with McVays looks, good looking people dont really need game, they have the looks and will end up with someone else with looks.

And are you trying to say that Wade couldnt get a girl like her because he is funny?

Goff

He's a slightly better, although much less athletic, version of Ryan Tannehill.  He has the benefit of playing with a better coach in a more QB friendly scheme.

He was not good the last 8-10 games this season.  Speed him up in the pocket and things get ugly.

36 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I really wish my overrated coach and overrated QB got me to the SB and barely lost to the greatest of all time.  SMH.

You dont think the Bill's fans would be running him out of town or furious at that performance yesterday?

And the only way they "barely lost the game" is if you only checked the box score. They were easily beat by the Pat's who held a team averaging over 30 points a game to just 3. Goff and their offence struggled to get anything going all game.

4 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The game last night should have never come down to Goff. Its been obvious that Goff thrives in a system that makes it easier for him. McVey has down a great job setting the stage for his success by surrounding him with talent and creating an offensive scheme that plays to his strengths. Last night McVey just blew it on the playcalling. The Pats blew up the Rams game plan and Goff, left to his own devices was exposed as the so so talent that he is. McVey should have been picking up those Pats blitzes and calling screen after screen then countering with a run. Instead he just froze and stubbornly stuck with a game plan that clearly wasn't working. Add to this the weirdness of the Gurley situation and the Rams offense was completely neutered. 

I think they should have run more shotgun and spread type sets to help goff with identifying coverage.  

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You dont think the Bill's fans would be running him out of town or furious at that performance yesterday?

And the only way they "barely lost the game" is if you only checked the box score. They were easily beat by the Pat's who held a team averaging over 30 points a game to just 3. Goff and their offence struggled to get anything going all game.

Dude, they were a Brandon Cooks dropped TD pass away from being tied with 4 mins left.  Yes, they barely lost the game.  Jesus.

And no, I don't think that even Bills fans would be running a 33 year old coach who took the team to the SB in his second season or a third year QB who has gotten better every year and took their team the SB.  Come on now.

Edited by Mark80

They'll be fine. Super young and made the SB. They just blew it. This current Rams edition isn't built to last and Goff is going to have to do more with less going forward. I'm seeing a sharp decline in 2-3 years unless Goff becomes the man.

11 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

They'll be fine. Super young and made the SB. They just blew it. This current Rams edition isn't built to last and Goff is going to have to do more with less going forward. I'm seeing a sharp decline in 2-3 years unless Goff becomes the man.

i hope they stick around

i got my full jollies watching the Seahawks completely self-decintegrate fast....

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'd love to see McVay never make it again.

And given their cap situation, they might not.

Based on a single game performance on the biggest stage? Silly question. The idea that a poor performance in a super bowl somehow  negates all the great things they’ve done over the last two seasons is as short sighted as it gets. You can’t achieve the kind of consistent success they’ve had over the last two seasons and say either of them is overrated. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think they should have run more shotgun and spread type sets to help goff with identifying coverage.  

He appeared to have seriously difficulties seeing what was happening, he missed wide open receivers and threw to double covered ones. I'm not sure if it was nervousness or Goff just isn't that good. The Pats pressure accelerated his confusion.

53 minutes ago, Estro said:

Goff

He's a slightly better, although much less athletic, version of Ryan Tannehill.  He has the benefit of playing with a better coach in a more QB friendly scheme.

He was not good the last 8-10 games this season.  Speed him up in the pocket and things get ugly.

Bingo, McVay’s offense has masked many of Goff’s deficiencies. I wouldn’t be shocked if this game becomes the blueprint other teams use to beat the Rams. Imo, it’s not difficult imagining Goff becoming the rare Super Bowl QB who is quickly forgotten. I could see him becoming a below average starter in the future. 

McVay’s pre-snap communication with Goff has made him most of what he is. The QB’s helmet headset isn’t turned off until 15 seconds remain on the play clock. The Rams do their best to rush to the line, allowing communication of what the defense is doing with both sides actually set. It all just seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors that NFL coaches will eventually expose. That’s when we’ll see what Goff is all about. The Gurley situation will also remain interesting, as no one seems to have legitimate answers as to what is occurring. Regardless, this was as bad of a big game as any young QB could have. 

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

For me it's a toss up but I'd say mcvay. He has done a decent job but has also blessed with a ton of talent on the team.  His in game decisions are questionable.  All playoffs he has thrown more than needed because he outsmarts himself.   But that's just me. 

I'd guess if they ran anderson and Gurley every play they could have mustered more than 3 points and their QB wouldnt have gotten killed.  

Neither.

They just got beat by the best HC and best QB of all time.

Sometimes you're the pigeon; sometimes you're the statue.