Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?

/dev/null

Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?

Just now, CountDorkula said:

No margin for error?

Did we watch the same game. neither QB was good at all, missing throws all over the place.

It was an awful game, It wasnt good defense. It was Terrible bad offenses playing football.

Goff has regressed back to his rookie year.

Come on now. One play either way makes a difference in that game.

And that one play came from Gronk.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Come on now. One play either way makes a difference in that game.

And that one play came from Gronk.

I fell asleep after the 3Q.

I assume you also thought the Bills 10-3 loss last year to the Jags was also a super exciting game. 

Worst rating in years, I guarantee you the NFL hated 99% of this superbowl.

14 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

No margin for error?

Did we watch the same game. neither QB was good at all, missing throws all over the place.

It was an awful game, It wasnt good defense. It was Terrible bad offenses playing football.

Goff has regressed back to his rookie year.

Goff was the worst rsted QB for teh last month of teh season. Thanks NFL for F(_*^ this up so bad because of how your NFL OT rules work.

you got to complain, so your time was well spent

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Not only boring - heard on TV - worst ratings in the last decade.  What it amounts to is America is getting tired of New England.  Lot's of fans probably figured New England was going to win, so why bother watching.  If the NFL wants to have a healthier outlook, they need to figure out some way to hasten the demise of the Patriot dynasty.  Just my opinion.

I get what you are saying, yet everyone said that the Patriots* were going to beat the Eagles in last year's Super Bowl.

10 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Felt like watching the first time the Bills played the Pats this season.

So yeah it was pretty bad for a SB

it was disappointing that Goff panicked early and often

Super Bowl rating hits a 10-year low

Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2019, 12:07 PM EST

Yes, more people watch exciting football games. And, yes, fewer people watch boring ones.

That rule was proven yet again on Sunday night, when the Rams — 11 weeks after a Week 11 54-point explosion — were limited to a field goal as part of the lowest-scoring Super Bowl of all time. According to Dominic Patten of Deadline.com, the nationwide overnight rating of 44.9 becomes the lowest since Super Bowl XLIII, between the Steelers and Cardinals.

It’s also a 5.2-percent ratings decline from last year’s game between the Patriots and Eagles in Minneapolis.

The five highest-rated Super Bowls, per Deadline.com, were Super Bowl XLIX (49.7), Super Bowl 50(49.0), Super Bowl LI (48.8), Super Bowl XLVII (48.1), and Super Bowl XLV (47.9).

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

let me guess, you're not interested unless it's 42-38.

If you are asking if I like scoring, then yes id rather have that then the crap i saw last night.

Can i get a 28-17?

This game had 1 FG for 75% of the game.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Super Bowl rating hits a 10-year low

Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2019, 12:07 PM EST

Yes, more people watch exciting football games. And, yes, fewer people watch boring ones.

That rule was proven yet again on Sunday night, when the Rams — 11 weeks after a Week 11 54-point explosion — were limited to a field goal as part of the lowest-scoring Super Bowl of all time. According to Dominic Patten of Deadline.com, the nationwide overnight rating of 44.9 becomes the lowest since Super Bowl XLIII, between the Steelers and Cardinals.

It’s also a 5.2-percent ratings decline from last year’s game between the Patriots and Eagles in Minneapolis.

The five highest-rated Super Bowls, per Deadline.com, were Super Bowl XLIX (49.7), Super Bowl 50(49.0), Super Bowl LI (48.8), Super Bowl XLVII (48.1), and Super Bowl XLV (47.9).

I believe the contestants in the Super Bowl had more to do with it than the game itself.

Most of the country is sick of watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Add to it the national disgust at the Saints being cheated and you have a recipe for low ratings.

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

I believe the contestants in the Super Bowl had more to do with it than the game itself.

Most of the country is sick of watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Add to it the national disgust at the Saints being cheated and you have a recipe for low ratings.

they were sick of the AFC and the Bills getting rhythmically beaten like a gong all those years

many people tuned in to hope Brady fell apart and hated the game because he didn't

Saints outsmarted themselves, shoulda just run it and kicked the winning FG with minimal time on the clock, boo hoo hoo

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

let me guess, you're not interested unless it's 42-38.

Ehhh, I absolutely hated the Rams Chiefs no defense game earlier this year, but doesn’t mean last night was an exciting game.

There were very few exciting plays or moments, lead changes, etc. QBs were missing throws (even Brady). 

I still maintain that blowouts are far worse, but last night was pretty boring. Funny it’s the lowest rated since Pittsburgh Arizona, which I actually thought was one of the better SB games played in recent memory.

Edited by Rockpile233

9 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Ehhh, I absolutely hated the Rams Chiefs no defense game earlier this year, but doesn’t mean last night was an exciting game.

There were very few exciting plays or moments, lead changes, etc. QBs were missing throws (even Brady). 

I still maintain that blowouts are far worse, but last night was pretty boring. Funny it’s the lowest rated since Pittsburgh Arizona, which I actually thought was one of the better SB games played in recent memory.

Yeah I guess it beats the blowouts from yesteryear but that just meant both teams played pretty bad football IMO.

I thought the Rams front 7 and Patriots secondary, and Edelman showed up. That's about it. And the Rams punter lol.

11 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

That Colts/Bears SB in the rain was pretty horrific. 49ers against anyone but Bengals & Ravens was bad. Broncos/Seattle.

seemed like most of the 48 or so were disasters to watch

that was fine yesterday, i like D and pitching duels

at least hoping a starting pitcher goes more than 4 innings, even if he had the horrible stress of 12 straight outs to get to the 5th fricking inning, and won't need surgery.... :(

Edited by row_33

6 hours ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

No, the Niners / Chargers blowout was worse.  San Diego was dead before the end of the first Quarter.

Also Niners blowout of Denver was a joke.

Seattle's destruction of Denver also not entertaining.

Plus the First Bills/ Dallas super bowl was excruciating.

More fun when it's actually a contest, even a low scoring one.

We're just getting started. Some of those games in the first 20 years were AWFUL. This was a good game that was a real chess match. It was tied until there were 7 minutes left, and LA had a real chance to tie with over four minutes to go. The game really wasn't over until Burkhead had his big run for 26 yards on the Pats' final possession.