Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?

/dev/null

Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Most Boring Super Bowl Ever?

That was a stinker. I'm good with defensive games, but this was beyond that. Goff was absolutely miserable. Yes, BB had a great gameplan that make the rams offense struggle, but even when there were opportunities, Goff usually blew it. Brady didn't look good most of the game, most of his yards were to wide open receivers. 

Edited by elroy16

9 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It was low scoring but not boring at all.   In the 80's and  90's most SB's were total blowouts....those were boring.

second play of the game?

Young to Rice

do do-do-do  do-do

IT'S OVER!!!

For me it was a defensive struggle that could have changed during any point in the game.  I enjoyed it being a close game devoid of gaudy offensive production by only one side.   I liked the chess game between Bill B and Wade.  I don't like the Pats in the SB but this was a pretty good one.  I did not bother with the half time.  The few seconds I saw before heading into the den just looked like a commercial within a commercial aimed at teens 13-15.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted yes.

The actual football game on the field was ok.  

Tony Romo's prediction act is getting old quick for me.  

The rest of the NFL "experience" was terrible.  Halftime show.  An abomination of mediocre menagerie. 

Why can't the NFL find somebody to sing the national anthem without being weird about it.  Just sing the song.  

The ads were a reflection of modern society.  Recreational outrage, overly political, taking ourselves often way too seriously, and everyone is too afraid to offend.  The result:  Lots and lots of vanilla and mostly unfunny commercials. The Washington Post could literally make people cry at a birthday for an eight year old.  

Edited by dpberr

The whole point is to watch one team win and one team lose. Not the fashion they do it in. A team just won a Super Bowl. I don't think they care how 'boring' it was. Not every game is going to be a masterpiece.

I also don't care about the halftime show or commercials. I'm watching to see a sport played. I hate mixing concerts in with a football game. 

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1

I only saw about 10 minutes real time of the third quarter. Wasn’t interested at all. It was 3-3 and you could see at that point the pats would put together one drive good enough to score and win the game.

I love watching defensive battles. Probably would have been entertained but as I said before, uninterested in watching the patriots, random shots of their owner with Bon Jovi, and announcers raving about Brady Belichick and Gilmore.

• Like (+1) 1

Just gonna copy and paste what I wrote in another thread below. And by the way, with as many BLOWOUTS as there have been in Super Bowl history, it's pretty much ridiculous that anyone would call this the most boring Super Bowl ever. A low scoring but close affair is more interesting than a high scoring blowout every time. Anyway:

I hate the Pats as much as anyone on earth.

But anyone who says that was the most boring Super Bowl ever must have been watching a different game than me.

That was a master class of coaching, schemes, and in-game adjustments and counter-moves. It was a constant chess match all game long. An even battle between two excellently well-prepared teams. A slugfest between two of the NFL's all time greatest defensive minds. In the end, the game came down to tendency breakers and the 4th quarter discovery by the Patriots that forcing the Rams into their base defense would allow them passing game advantages, which led to the only touchdown of the game. 

There have been so many blowout or otherwise uninteresting Super Bowls throughout history. To say that tonight's game was the most boring ever just because it was not high scoring is just...yeah...I don't even know. I can't get on board with it at all. I completely disagree. Even WITH the Patriots being the victors, I found it to be one of the more tense and interesting Super Bowls I can ever remember watching.

?‍♂️

Edited by Logic

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I LOVE the fact that all the offense-first people hated it.

Love that. This is how football's meant to be played, on a razor edge with NO margin for error.

I'm surprised so many people found it boring. The entire game was coming down to, pretty much, one play in either direction. If Goff had more a little more experience and a slightly faster delivery, it was the Rams game to win.

• Like (+1) 2

And one more thing: There's a difference between a game containing lots of punts because the offenses are inept and a game containing lots of punts because both defenses and defensive play callers are elite. Last night was one of the latter, not one of the former. Most fans don't like watching quality defense, I guess.