Soooo, was Parcells all Belicheck?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Parcels built the Jets from literally nothing to a lead in the AFC title game

and the Giants were nothing when he showed up 

And Belichick was there the entire time with Parcells for both.

Parcells had one decent year at 10-6 as hc of NE without belichick the other two were losing seasons. The cowboys were pretty much his only nfl stop as a HC with out belichick and i wouldnt say he was very good there. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Truth: Parcells never won a Super Bowl without Belichick

Truth: Belichick never won a Super Bowl without Brady

Speculation: good coaches need good assistants and good QBs to succeed.

Parcells coaching tree includes SB winners Belichick and Payton. Not sure if either has spawned a SB winner.

Sooooo....was Parcells all Belichick? No, he was not. Did he benefit greatly from the evil genius? Yes, parttiuclarly against us. 

And for the record, if you're gonna ask the question shouldn't you at least spell the mans name correctly?

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

And Belichick was there the entire time with Parcells for both.

Parcells had one decent year at 10-6 as hc of NE without belichick the other two were losing seasons. The cowboys were pretty much his only nfl stop as a HC with out belichick and i wouldnt say he was very good there. 

Keep pounding that tune that nobody cares about

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Parcells won with far lesser QBs.  

However, SuperBowl XXV and LIII may be the finest coaching we have ever seen.  I have always been on the side of Brady made Belichick.  But after today I have even a bit more begrudged respect for Belichick.  

I thought the first three Superbowls was more of a combination of the brilliance of Belichick and Brady.  Brady was more responsible for the Seahawks and Falcons, but Belichick was the main reason for this victory.  They made the high powered Rams look like the Derrick Anderson led Bills.

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I thought the first three Superbowls was more of a combination of the brilliance of Belichick and Brady.  Brady was more responsible for the Seahawks and Falcons, but Belichick was the main reason for this victory.  They made the high powered Rams look like the Derrick Anderson led Bills.

Yes the first Pats-Rams Superbowl is probably right behind the two I referenced.  

Remember when Madden kept saying I can't beleive they are going for the win instead of playing for OT.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes the first Pats-Rams Superbowl is probably right behind the two I referenced.  

Remember when Madden kept saying I can't beleive they are going for the win instead of playing for OT.

Of course.  That's when the Tom Brady legend began.  They may have seven rings right now if Belichick doesn't hold Butler out for whatever reason againt the Eagles last year.  At least I don't have to hear about the first three-peat champions right now.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Of course.  That's when the Tom Brady legend began.  They may have seven rings right now if Belichick doesn't hold Butler out for whatever reason againt the Eagles last year.  At least I don't have to hear about the first three-peat champions right now.

And only 5, if Pete Carroll lets Lynch run the ball.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

And only 5, if Pete Carroll lets Lynch run the ball.

LOL.  Yeah.  They had a lot of close games.  If Welker doesn't drop the pass against the Giants and Tyree doesn't make the miracle helmet catch they could've easily won those two games  Six seems about right.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

To me the win over Seattle was due to the Seattle coaching staff getting too cute at the goalline instead of just handing off to Lynch.

9 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

To me the win over Seattle was due to the Seattle coaching staff getting too cute at the goalline instead of just handing off to Lynch.

I think everybody is in agreement there.  Pats made the play though.  They wouldn't have even been in that position of Brady doesn't put up 328 yards and 4 touchdowns.